As reported last week, the current-generation Chevrolet Camaro will receive a facelift for the 2014 model year. The facelifted model will also resurrect the Z/28 badge. Under the hood of the Z/28 is a 7.0 liter naturally aspirated LS7 V8 that produces 500 bhp and 470 lb-ft torque. Other upgrades include carbon ceramic brakes, a track-ready suspension, integrated cooling systems, aerodynamic tweaks and a weight reduction (300 lbs. lighter than the supercharged ZL1). GM reports that the upgrades give the Z/28 a cornering grip of 1.05 g.

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Studio-1-1920x1440.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Studio-3-1920x1440.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Interior-2-1920x1440.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Lettering-1920x1440.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

I'm surprised the entire engine isn't enclosed in a giant plastic clamshell...

American Sports car design model:

Vents to cool the breaks (eyeroll: not even necessary on cars with triple the performance)

Faux hood vents

Faux fender vents

Faux tail pipes (usually only 2 are required the other two are just there to create an illusion of badass)

Faux good looking engine (see quoted post)

Faux sports car

American Sports car design model:

Vents to cool the breaks (eyeroll: not even necessary on cars with triple the performance)

Faux hood vents

Faux fender vents

Faux tail pipes (usually only 2 are required the other two are just there to create an illusion of badass)

Faux good looking engine (see quoted post)

Faux sports car

they know their audience.

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight: This girl falls asleep behind the wheel and totals her car. But when she says that the car was a Subaru and it saved her life, Subaru gives her $10,000. Is there something wrong with this picture?

EDIT: Looks like Subaru learned their lesson and took down the video.

Edited by areaseven

So let me get this straight: This girl falls asleep behind the wheel and totals her car. But when she says that the car was a Subaru and it saved her life, Subaru gives her $10,000. Is there something wrong with this picture?

If this person were male, and of darker complexion, he would have been instead on local news in cuffs looking at 5-10 years.

I'm actually looking forward to Rush. I already know: don't go in expecting any sort of racing tour de force in terms of on-track action; I'm expecting a CGI fest for just about everything other than static or pit-speed shots. I'm actually surprised they could get enough of these vintage cars to make a movie, especially since they would have come primarily from private collections(?). My God, the insurance cost for this movie must have been absolutely staggering...

Anyways, from a storytelling standpoint: I'm thinking this has the ingredients for a damned good movie. I wonder if Chris Hemsworth is a method-actor? LOL, if even a tenth of the legend and innuendo surrounding ol' Hunt the Shunt is true, this will have been enough subject matter to make for the role of a lifetime. :p

Yeah; taken at face value, that is a pretty f'ed up picture.

But hell. They wanna give somebody $10K for saying "I love my Subaru and it saved my life"? Well, sh*t den! gimme some keys! I can figure out how to fu*k a Subaru up six ways from Sunday, if they'll give me a briefcase full o' money. I can work on one for each day of the rest of the week too for that matter; just keep them cases comin'!

• 2 weeks later...

furious6_zps360c26fc.jpg
Furious 6
Original Film/Universal Pictures, 2013
Directed by Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift)
Based upon characters created by Gary Scott Thompson (Hollow Man, 88 Minutes)
Running Time: 130 minutes
Rated PG-13 for graphic violence and strong language

Cast
Vin Diesel (The Iron Giant, Riddick) as Dominic Toretto
Paul Walker (Chris in Timeline, Jerry in Eight Below) as Brian O'Conner
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (The Scorpion King, Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as DSS Agent Luke Hobbs
Tyrese Gibson (Epps in the Transformers trilogy) as Roman Pearce
Chris "Ludacris" Bridges (Anthony in Crash, Jim Bravura in Max Payne) as Tej Parker
Sung Kang (Raj in Live Free or Die Hard) as Han Seoul-oh (get it?)
Gal Gadot (Miss Israel 2004) :wub: as Gisele Yashar
Michelle Rodriguez (Diana in Girlfight, Trudy in Avatar) as Letty Ortiz
Luke Evans (Apollo in Clash of the Titans, Zeus in Immortals) as Owen Shaw
Gina Carano (Mallory in Haywire, Natasha in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3) as Riley
Jordana Brewster (Jill in Chuck, Chrissie in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) as Mia Toretto
Elsa Pataky (Chris Hemsworth's wife) as Elena Neves
John Ortiz (Guajiro in Carlito's Way, Ronnie in Silver Linings Playbook) as Arturo Braga
Shea Whigham (Eli in Boardwalk Empire) as Agent Stasiak

Rita Ora (British pop singer) as the London race girl
Jason Statham (The Transporter) as Ian Shaw (uncredited)

"You don't turn your back on family, even when they do."

Synopsis
DSS Agent Luke Hobbs is on the hunt for a band of mercenaries led by former British SAS operative Owen Shaw, who has attacked a military convoy in Russia and is assembling components into a powerful EMP device before selling it to the highest bidder. After revealing that one of the mercenaries is Letty Ortiz - who was presumed dead years ago, Hobbs has Dominic Toretto, Brian O'Conner and their gang reunite to help him take down Shaw in exchange for a full pardon and bringing Letty back home.

Lowdown
Fast Five proved to moviegoers and critics that The Fast and the Furious franchise has all grown up from a delinquent street racing movie to a full-fledged action film. So how does one follow-up with such a successful installment? Simple: you go bigger.

Furious 6 raises the bar with non-stop action, intense fights and a cleverly written storyline that pieces up what actually happened to Letty in Fast & Furious 4. As it turns out, she wasn't shot dead; she survived the explosion, but ended up with amnesia. The movie also brings back key characters from the fourth film, as they are integral to the main plot.

And for those who miss the days of neon and NOS, the lunacy is back. Furious 6 marks the return of street races and flashy cars to accompany the white-knuckle chases that leave nothing but a trail of destruction. The stunts are nothing short of insane and keep the adrenaline rush to the boiling point. Even the acting is solidly done by the core cast - an achievement once thought to have been impossible until Fast Five.

In short, Furious 6 is "Die Hard on Wheels." Theater seats will need seat belts next time. And just like the previous film, stay tuned during the ending credits for a surprise.

Toretto: "Not bad for a cop."
Hobbs: "I never thought I'd trust a criminal. Till next time."

Rating: B+

"Dominic Toretto, you don't know me. But you're about to..."

Links
Official Furious 6 Homepage

References
The Internet Movie Database Edited by areaseven

Spoilers?

Truly disappointed with this movie, which was supposed to be the last in the franchise. I appreciate that they had plenty of tie-ins from previous Fast movies; bringing back old characters that helped to create a story that spans the entire timeline of the series. However, the defiantly ridiculous stunt/action scenes and far too many implausible plot points just wrecked this film.

Obviously, this story and others like it aren't Hamlet or Othello, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

What I liked:

*I absolutely love how this series started with a Dodge Charger, and ended with a Dodge Charger, one of the greatest cars ever built.

*Liked how they tastefully handled the "two girls, one Vin Diesel" dilemma at the end.

*The inclusion of past characters and other touches that verifies story continuity, as well as the emphasis of a group of people learning to call one another family.

What I hated:

*Despised the ridiculous stunt/action scenes that were too much for even THIS series. The original movie was great in that there was little to no CGI car-action; most of the races, crashes, etc were done with real cars and real drivers.

*Secondly, they had said this was the last film but apparently they've left room to dilute what little good this series has to offer.

*Finally, I absolutely HATE the introduction of this new character, the actor of which has been in the most brain-dead and ridiculous movies of all time. If you thought the 'Fast series was devoid of redemption the addition of "this guy" just damns the franchise altogether.

Seeing my Fast & Furious shirt on the night of the premiere I was asked many times which movies were my favorite ones. If I had to rank them I'd have to say this: #1, #4, #3, #5, #2, #6, or The Fast and the Furious, Fast and Furious, Tokyo Drift, Fast 5, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast 6...

Edited by myk