Holy bank capers, Batman!

George Barris has decided to sell Batmobile #1 from his family's collection: http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=7a0b5271-b9b3-46d2-ade4-17fda8bc2b45&gt1=33002&ocid=ansmony11

It just hammered at $4.2 Mil. :blink: Somebody really wanted that car...

I'm sorry, but the new Corvette kinda sucks. It may just be the the red color in most of the press photos, I dunno. But I can't help but wonder: is it more tragic, or pathetic, that this car's overall proportions and silhouette bear an uncanny resemblance to a children's CG movie character? If you squint a little, da*ned thing looks like fuggin' Lightning McQueen... <_<

Holy bank capers, Batman!

George Barris has decided to sell Batmobile #1 from his family's collection: http://money.msn.com...&ocid=ansmony11

It just hammered at $4.2 Mil. :blink: Somebody really wanted that car...

I'm sorry, but the new Corvette kinda sucks. It may just be the the red color in most of the press photos, I dunno. But I can't help but wonder: is it more tragic, or pathetic, that this car's overall proportions and silhouette bear an uncanny resemblance to a children's CG movie character? If you squint a little, da*ned thing looks like fuggin' Lightning McQueen... <_<

looks better in black and grey.

For the past five or so years, Honda has been teasing us with talks about the next-generation NSX. The biggest reveal at that point was Tony Stark's NSX Convertible concept in The Avengers.

Last week, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Honda unwrapped the latest concept design of the new Acura NSX. The new car will be powered by a mid-mounted, direct injection V6 engine mated to Acura's Sport Hybrid SH-AWD (Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive) system. Power through the engine and two electric motors on the front wheel results in AWD handling and improved efficiency.

Acura is expected to start production on the new NSX in 2015 at a new plant in Marysville, Ohio.

2013-Acura-NSX-Concept-Studio-1-1024x768

2013-Acura-NSX-Concept-Studio-2-1280x960

2013-Acura-NSX-Concept-Studio-3-1280x960

2013-Acura-NSX-Concept-Interior-2-1280x9

2013-Acura-NSX-Concept-Dashboard-1-1280x

2013 Acura NSX Concept

Meanwhile, what would Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno do for the first new NSX?

Edited by areaseven

000_singer-silver-02.jpg

You may remember the Singer Porsche 911 from several pages back. As it turns out, it's not a restored 911 Classic. It's actually a 1989-1994 964 (supplied by the customer) heavily modified to resemble the classic model and to accommodate the newer performance mods. The customer has a choice of two engines: a rebuilt 3.6 liter 270 bhp motor or a race-spec Cosworth 3.8 liter 360 bhp engine. Each Singer 911 is meticulously hand-built to the customer's specifications.

The price? Singer wants roughly US$225,000 for a "standard" model, but options are astronomical - jacking up the car to US$500K.

IMG_2691.jpg

Singer Vehicle Design

Autoblog: Porsche 911 Restored by Singer [w/ Video]

Jalopnik.com: Would You Spend $500,000 on the Ultimate Porsche 911?

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

Just my ride. I said i would contribute to this thread, and I never really did :)

I do read it regularly, thank you guys, I love the pics and the videos

Like it. Looks like a storm trooper.

You toy collectors are so uneducated when it comes to the Auto's.

Challenge me ,PLEASE!!!

Lol, considering I design "Auto's" lol I accept

The Vette unfortunatly lost Lutz as did the Viper and went the way of plastic cladding inserts instead of molded in features. Its great on paper, but it falls short in the looks department,,, except for those who never liked vettes and had poor taste when it comes to design,, A lot of people I work with that hated the classic vettes are on this new one like stink on that car Redsun posted. Those were the same folks who really loved all the cladding of the pontiac trans ams.

Yay Subies! I've got a silver '03 WRX myself. Ten years later, and it still gives me a stupid grin every time I drive it. Evidently, I *do* need a turbo for the 40 mile daily commute through the mountains of PA.

Speaking of Lutz, didn't he go to Fisker? I swear I read somewhere that he was trying to get them to use the c6 or even ZR1's engine in a Karma, along with some cleaning up of its' lines.

Edited by rotorhead

Yay Subies! I've got a silver '03 WRX myself. Ten years later, and it still gives me a stupid grin every time I drive it. Evidently, I *do* need a turbo for the 40 mile daily commute through the mountains of PA.

Speaking of Lutz, didn't he go to Fisker? I swear I read somewhere that he was trying to get them to use the c6 or even ZR1's engine in a Karma, along with some cleaning up of its' lines.

I think he semi retired, but those guys are always doing something,,, id love a turbo car,,, I just have a commuter HHR manual as I had to trade in my fusion because I blew 3rd gear out (common prob)