The car James Dean died in had the same paint job and didn't it contributed to the acciden?.

James Dean's Porsche was regular old silver, nothing like that ugly thing. And I have never read anything about the paint contributing anything to the accident. In fact, had his car been more visible/shiney I'm sure it would have helped.

Dean's spyder is pretty legendary in its own right--a pretty fascinating bit of automobilia, said to be "cursed." Its fate/whereabouts are still unknown?

James Dean Accident

A September 30, 1955 automobile accident claimed the life of actor James Dean. Using photographs obtained from the accident scene, Exponent engineers performed a complete accident reconstruction and used computer simulation and animation techniques to illustrate the results of our investigation. Contrary to the information provided in the police report, we were able to show that Dean was not speeding at the time of the accident. The investigation was conducted for the television series "What Happened?""

See the analysis and reconstruction movie of the accident on the Exponent.com http://www.exponent.com/multimedia/

Dean's spyder is pretty legendary in its own right--a pretty fascinating bit of automobilia, said to be "cursed." Its fate/whereabouts are still unknown?

James Dean Accident

A September 30, 1955 automobile accident claimed the life of actor James Dean. Using photographs obtained from the accident scene, Exponent engineers performed a complete accident reconstruction and used computer simulation and animation techniques to illustrate the results of our investigation. Contrary to the information provided in the police report, we were able to show that Dean was not speeding at the time of the accident. The investigation was conducted for the television series "What Happened?""

See the analysis and reconstruction movie of the accident on the Exponent.com http://www.exponent.com/multimedia/

Fate unknown? I'd say it is pretty well told by this photo:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/1829548633_9f4cc19f7c_o.jpg

You might have been able to salvage a part or two and combine it with another 550 and say you had "restored" his car...but I'd say its days as an automobile are long over.

Fate unknown? I'd say it is pretty well told by this photo:

http://farm3.static....f4cc19f7c_o.jpg

You might have been able to salvage a part or two and combine it with another 550 and say you had "restored" his car...but I'd say its days as an automobile are long over.

Agreed. For Porschephiles, I think the mystery for some would have been: just what other 550's those usable parts would have gone to, increasing the provenance of said cars (and would the "Dean curse" have spread to those cars, if you buy into that sort of thing). OR for some: where would the remains of the shell have gone to? There are some who probably would have tried to preserve that as a bit of Hollywood memorabelia, smashed as it was. I dunno, kinda playing on the whole anything-connected-to-the-star angle, like "these were Elvis' sunglasses" or something.

Edited by reddsun1

From the Isle of Man TT races. Not sure just which year, though. Isle of Maniacs is more like it...

You'd better have a solid brass pair to get in that muh fu**in race.

It takes a man's man, to run the Isle of Man... :p

Edited by reddsun1

Lamborghini makes another bandwagon jump attempt - this time, in the crossover SUV market. If the Urus concept is given the green light, it is expected to hit showrooms at around 2017 for at least US$300,000.

So Lamborghini marketing concluded that their customers wanted:

- More ground clearance to avoid rocks.

- A larger approach and departure angle for hill climbs.

- More fording depth for water crossings.

- More doors for access to camping gear and mountain bike.

- Second row seating for the children and pets.

Really??? :unsure:

Well, one thing's for sure: a Lamborghini SUV would have a little to do with "sport," but even less to do with "utility." They just need to start building these big sumbit**es again...

Lamborghini-LM002.jpg

it's all about the statement. And these f'ers say: like a BOSS, beyatch!

I just realized what this thread needs is more hot women next to hot cars

Hear hear! :p

owned-tank.jpg

There are images that can sometimes immortalize a concept, a belief, a social or political situation, or just a moment in life. This can be such an image. THIS kid will be remembered for time immemorial...as a DUMB FU*K.

Edited by reddsun1

From the Goodwood Revival meeting, 2012...

AC-Cobra-and-GTO-470x313.jpg

caught some of the race highlights on Speed ch. Was actually some very good racing. Lots of door-to-door action--a fair bit more than one might expect from the wine and cheese set.

and some of the other attractions, courtesy of Lord March...

2012-Goodwood-motorsport-634x422.jpg