Indeed; what you say makes sense. I've not read any of the books. But just going with the limited background story given in the first film, I think it's safe to infer that each Pursuit Special would have been something of a one-off, custom built at each respective branch to suit its top driver(s). After all, the one the Knight Rider stole was a Monaro.

And I still suspect that the Landau at the beginning of MM2 was meant to be a Pursuit Special as well, given its BoB treatment, the (mockup) "twin turbo" mods, and the driver's uniform. Maybe a former MFP driver from another branch, "gone bad" and joined up with the gangs after things went to sh*t? Or a rover who got the drop on one, took his car and clothes?

ed: sorry guys, I'm not trying to hijack this thread. Hehe, I spend way too much time thinking about these bloody cars...

Edited by reddsun1

Quick book detail of the Breaker Squad cars..."flat black compacts with roo bars, big engines to put them over 150mph, big fuel tanks with crude armour plating." So...a Falcy with a 467ci BBV8, 35 gallon petrol tank, two-tone black paint with 1/4" plating inside the door panels...check? The roo bars are on the drawing board.

Breaker Squad training: "Out of 100, 83 survived the training." "Sector 9-30, aka Damnation Alley." "Go ahead and make your Big Run." This was Max's patrol territory. The Breaker Squad was an elite unit set up to combat the Armalite gangs and hoons taking over the highways (Transcon 1) preying on the Road Trains after the central government fell and the MFP was dwindling. The "Big Run" was a test to see if the hoons could outpace the MFP through the section of highway before getting caught or killed by the MFP or gangs. I think it was kind of a basis for the Night Riders escape.

Quick book detail of the Breaker Squad cars..."flat black compacts with roo bars, big engines to put them over 150mph, big fuel tanks with crude armour plating." So...a Falcy with a 467ci BBV8, 35 gallon petrol tank, two-tone black paint with 1/4" plating inside the door panels...check? The roo bars are on the drawing board.

Breaker Squad training: "Out of 100, 83 survived the training." "Sector 9-30, aka Damnation Alley." "Go ahead and make your Big Run." This was Max's patrol territory. The Breaker Squad was an elite unit set up to combat the Armalite gangs and hoons taking over the highways (Transcon 1) preying on the Road Trains after the central government fell and the MFP was dwindling. The "Big Run" was a test to see if the hoons could outpace the MFP through the section of highway before getting caught or killed by the MFP or gangs. I think it was kind of a basis for the Night Riders escape.

It occurred to me: be prepared for guesses and accusations--for lack of a better word--that Knight Rider was your inspiration, from the ignorant and uninformed... <_<

knight_rider_attack_kitt_0.jpg

when we know it's actually the other way around.

"Batmobile" is the one that I keep hearing, especially around Doug's BoB. Haven't heard Knight Rider...yet. One mate stated that the headlights and the grill look like the MKIII Ironman mask...hadn't thought of it until putting a pic next to it. Unintentional, but cool. The real basis was the Arcadipane Concorde nose, but the scoop updated like the BA Supercar Falcons, 80's NASCAR's, and some models I built as a kid. Never really cared for the original with the gold striping, but it was the 70's and they wanted something different. The flares are original, and the bonnet scoop is a cross between the Bathurst scoop and the L-88 they used on the Yellow Interceptor. I dubbed it the "Bathurst-88." All of the parts are scratch-built in 1:1 scale. :p Most people just look at it and scratch their heads, wondering what it is...all the better, it's entertaining to hear the "experts."

Finally got logged back onto the AFFC board again. 2005 was the last time, but kept getting the email updates. Post soon...also to look up the crossover list in the files section. Lot of new members. Who's the mod now? I need my pic file deleted.

Finally got logged back onto the AFFC board again. 2005 was the last time, but kept getting the email updates. Post soon...also to look up the crossover list in the files section. Lot of new members. Who's the mod now? I need my pic file deleted.

Hehe. Dude, they're feelin' ya back on the AFFC boards. The BoB ver. 2.0 is gettin' much love. B))

And, from the annals of mo'-sh*t-we-can-point-and-laugh-at: (oh yeah; ebaums is some funny shiz)

...cause this guy had lots of time to go: "oh sh*t! oh sh*t! oh sh*t!" an' clinch up tight enough to twist a crowbar into a pretzel in his seat. :lol:

Edited by reddsun1

If there was an oncoming vehicle right over that hill, GTR and other driver would have been killed at that speed. Idiots!

Something like that almost happened to me when a pickup truck tried to pass another truck near the top of a small hill on a 2 lane road. I had to dive my car to the side of a road and into a field to avoid being hit head on. Again, idiots!

"Hehe. Dude, they're feelin' ya back on the AFFC boards. The BoB ver. 2.0 is gettin' much love. B))"

I noticed. Cool to see others actually like the direction, but it's not going into kit form. My car was in a wreck and the guards are different lengths, so the nose is out a whack from other cars. It's back into "70's tolerances" though. Roush has given me a really good deal on laying up/vac-bagging one or two copies of the parts, but getting more will drive the price up. I also simply don't want to deal with the hassle of it all when planning, then doing a wedding, buying a house, and possibly having "Sproggo" in the next three years. That just doesn't leave much time for Macross/Dougram/Mospeada modeling...all 300+ robot kits.

That is a pretty A$$ kissing review. This guy is bent for this company: "the next generation of what a car should be." :rolleyes: ... I will wait till Clarkson reviews.

Only thing I like about it is blending the battery into the structural integrity of the chasis. That is smart.

That is a pretty A$$ kissing review. This guy is bent for this company: "the next generation of what a car should be." :rolleyes: ... I will wait till Clarkson reviews.

Yeah, but we all know what Clarkson will say, other than "rubbish". Remember that he hates anything that does not run on gasoline.

Yeah, but we all know what Clarkson will say, other than "rubbish". Remember that he hates anything that does not run on gasoline.

I think he is fairly impartial. He wasn't that hard on the Tesla Roadster.

I think he is fairly impartial. He wasn't that hard on the Tesla Roadster.

Actually, I'm not even sure if Tesla and Clarkson see eye-to-eye anymore, especially after the controversial Tesla review that was supposedly "scripted" to have the car quickly run out of juice after a few laps.

Actually, I'm not even sure if Tesla and Clarkson see eye-to-eye anymore, especially after the controversial Tesla review that was supposedly "scripted" to have the car quickly run out of juice after a few laps.

They sued Clarkson for that, and lost. Car ran out of charge after 53 miles. They were driving it hard though. If you watch the review Clarkson loved the car till it ran out of battery.

A big part of me wants to see the Tesla Model S (and Tesla in general) succeed, if for nothing else then for them to pay their nearly 500 million fed govt loan back. I'll admit that if i was interested in an electric vehicle i would consider the Tesla, but it really aims at such a small niche market of people who 1) want an electric vehicle and 2) can finance $100k for something that they don't live in. The problem right now is that since this initiative (super electric sedan) isn't sparked by global competition only between niche players (only competitor off the top of my head being Fisker who is circling the bowl), Tesla can't effectively reduce the cost of raw materials or manufacturing. Even Chevy and Nissan with the Volt and Leaf respectively are having trouble selling their vehicles, mostly because they're pieces of crap, but also because the market hasn't reached a point where it's cost effective to manufacture electric as a consumer solution, so you end up selling an electric Cobalt/Versa with four times the price tag.

Things aren't looking good for Fisker, due to their Karma suffering from... well... bad karma. Consumer Reports bought a Karma, but it broke down before they could test it on the road. Meanwhile, two Karmas in different locations suddenly caught fire; the one in Texas claimed most of the owner's house and his two other cars (one of them an NSX). Majority of these incidents are being blamed on A123 Systems, the manufacturer of the car's batteries. Coincidentally, A123 just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

But perhaps the biggest crime of them all is that none of these incidents happened with Justin Bieber's chrome Fisker.

Consumer Reports' $100K Fisker Karma Dies on Arrival

Official Claims Fisker Karma to Blame in Texas House Fire

Another Fisker Karma Goes Up in Flames

Being Italian and an engine head for most of my life, I've actually lost all interest in cars lately when realizing how they're purposely built to suck more money out of us. Not just petrol, everything from the cheap materials to TV's pressure to upgrade to a facelifted model just to increase your debt. They're all running on a primitive fundation that requires a tarred road and a spare wheel. So stupid the amount of money people spend on Ferraris and Martins, just to go fast on a road, not fly, but drive on a road.

They're all BullSh!t. It's nothing but a massive global con.

Being Italian and an engine head for most of my life, I've actually lost all interest in cars lately when realizing how they're purposely built to suck more money out of us. Not just petrol, everything from the cheap materials to TV's pressure to upgrade to a facelifted model just to increase your debt. They're all running on a primitive fundation that requires a tarred road and a spare wheel. So stupid the amount of money people spend on Ferraris and Martins, just to go fast on a road, not fly, but drive on a road.

They're all BullSh!t. It's nothing but a massive global con.

I think car prices of super high end sports cars are ridiculous, but not everything is a con. I drove a Lotus every day for 2 years in San Francisco. It was an awesome design, super fast, and not expensive at all. Some companies redesign their cars just so you feel you need the newer one, but other companies actually do the oposite. Porsche keeps the 911 the same so even an old one has high value.