Guys I am thinking of leasing a tiguan, do you think its a good car? and when does the 2013 model come out?

My wife is happy with hers, she loves her moon roof. 2010 model bought in 10/2009 and so far no issues.

That Toyota/Scion 87/Subaru BR-Z is proper sports car. I would not mind having one as an everyday commuter car. However, that new Ford Focus ST is about to arrive with 252hp for a similar price to the 87/BR-Z trio. Even though they are different cars, the price range puts many customers to ask what they need vs. want. A base model Nissan Z370 is within striking distance too. Ohhhh the choices!

my wife would rather have the 370Z but we have a kid so we need to have at least a 2+2. We were also looking at the hynudai genesis v6 but for the money, i think I would rather just get a slightly used G37 coupe.

Not sure but I don't think any of the 3.7 v6 versions are as popular as their 3.5 cousins

It could be because auto journalists dislike the roughness of the 3.7 versus the 3.5 series. The Hyundai Genesis V6 is larger, 3.8L. But there has not been any complaints about it being rough. Maybe Hyundai has it balanced better than the Nissan VQ series??

It could be because auto journalists dislike the roughness of the 3.7 versus the 3.5 series. The Hyundai Genesis V6 is larger, 3.8L. But there has not been any complaints about it being rough. Maybe Hyundai has it balanced better than the Nissan VQ series??

That's a good point.

my wife would rather have the 370Z but we have a kid so we need to have at least a 2+2. We were also looking at the hynudai genesis v6 but for the money, i think I would rather just get a slightly used G37 coupe.

Don't forget that the '13 Genesis now uses the hi output 276HP 2.0L turbo as well, so better fuel economy about the same performance as the 3.8 and should be cheaper too. This is the last year of the RX-8, i've seen dealers let go of the R3's for as low as 22k since they're not moving, and you get sedan insurance instead of coupe insurance just be prepared to pay for the savings at the pump. V6 Mustangs aren't bad, interior is crap but decent performance, and like you said the Focus ST is coming out which promises to be great.

Edited by emajnthis

A 1982 Ferrari 308 was 214ph 0-60 in 6.5 seconds vs a Delorean, 150hp 0-60 in 8.8 seconds.

I don't think this car was ever for anyone who cared about performance. Hey, Jag has never had problems selling their "sports" car.

The late 70's and 80's were a horrible time for cars

Indeed.

ed: because of those vast surpluses of spares/parts manufactured and left over in the factory when DeLorean went belly-up, these cars will conceivably never go away... :wacko: [oops, shoulda viewed the vid link first]

Edited by reddsun1

Delorian, what an ignorant choice in materials,,, could you find something heavier and more prone to blemishes,,, and then put a <200hp motor in it,,, they took the Esprit and added weight (another example of Lotus engineering for other people)

What's more ridiculous is DMC still wants 25 - 30k to purchase a Delorean, there are countless options to invest 30k in that will provide you not only a unique car but a car that won't fall apart and can actually get above 60mph. You have to really be nostalgic for Back to the Future to spend that kind of money on a Delorean.

This is actually a nice-looking concept car. It's a throwback to Giugiaro's '70s supercar designs like the Maserati Bora/Merak.

I love it when they have the matching luggage, I remember all my old Italian models had em I thought it was a great concept like back in the 20's and 30's

We're talking about a Toyota, not a Land Rover.

Old skool 'Yotas don't hold up too well 'round these parts [hehe--think we're in the Bible belt rather than the rust belt, though :p ]. There's a fair number of 'em still tooling around; but a lot of them have beds/rear qtrs in varying states of decay....

82509145.jpg

Seriously? :blink:

I love it when they have the matching luggage, I remember all my old Italian models had em I thought it was a great concept like back in the 20's and 30's

I know some companies still do the custom luggage but its an option as opposed to a standard feature. I remember when the AM Vantage debuted they showed it loaded with hand made custom luggage matching the interior.

The burtonmobile has just under 300hpand does 180 mph? I have a tough time be living that! Maybe both cars are made from unobtainium... or tin foil.

Actually the lighter they are, the lower the top speed number usually is, unless there is some amazing engineering (like in un-street-able F1 cars). My Lotus would shake so hard at 140, I understood why they put a speed governor on it. They don't tell you is how long it takes the bat-mobile to get to 180... Might take two min.