Couldn't find it, a guy has one at work, not the fuel efficient package. He gets 34 mixed driving with a regular SEL. He noticed it goes way down the more city driving he does. I have a fusion manual trans and I only get 23,, it really doesn't like speeds above 80 considering its running 2k at 50mph

It never made sense to me why manufacturers set their O/D gears so low it seems. My RX-8's O/D gear is practically useless, in the Corvette 6th gear is not even feasible unless you're tracking like 80mph, in my car, 6th gear is still at 3k RPM at 60mph. As much crap as i give Chevy about... well everything, they definitely set their ratios right in their transmissions (at least in the Corvette anyway). The new Mazda3 SkyActiv is supposed to get 40mpg, i've seen real world figures for that car at 38mpg mixed driving so that's pretty damn good to contribute to your argument of how dumb a smart car is.

It never made sense to me why manufacturers set their O/D gears so low it seems. My RX-8's O/D gear is practically useless, in the Corvette 6th gear is not even feasible unless you're tracking like 80mph, in my car, 6th gear is still at 3k RPM at 60mph. As much crap as i give Chevy about... well everything, they definitely set their ratios right in their transmissions (at least in the Corvette anyway). The new Mazda3 SkyActiv is supposed to get 40mpg, i've seen real world figures for that car at 38mpg mixed driving so that's pretty damn good to contribute to your argument of how dumb a smart car is.

Yup, loved the OD in my Corvette, .50 to 1. My first long trip in the car and I thought the gauge was broken,, my car is basically a Mazda 6 with VVT which I wonder if it was designed for an automatic because I can feel it kick in and out (very annoying)

It never made sense to me why manufacturers set their O/D gears so low it seems. My RX-8's O/D gear is practically useless, in the Corvette 6th gear is not even feasible unless you're tracking like 80mph, in my car, 6th gear is still at 3k RPM at 60mph. As much crap as i give Chevy about... well everything, they definitely set their ratios right in their transmissions (at least in the Corvette anyway).

In my car, an '05 Sentra SE-R SpecV, my 6th gear doesn't hit 3k RPM until I'm doing about 80mph. At 60 mph, my RPMs are only around 2250 in 6th.

Yup. Was just a matter of time, I suppose...

82137782.jpg

ed: uhh, maybe it's the layman in me; but after another glance, I swear the tread on that front tire looks like the damned thing is mounted backwards.

I can only imagine what's gonna happen to that guy in a front-end collision..

Bloody 'ell! Who needs the Tumbler--this ought to have been the Batmobile!

Maybach Exelero

exelero_front_angle.jpg

maybach_exelero.jpg

(it occurs to me this may have been mentioned in a prev iteration of this thread. apologies if dbl post...)

In fact, it kinda brings to mind the 'mobile from Batman: TAS

tasbatmobile.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Okay, so the first 2-1/2 mins are pretty much rubbish; but that was pretty funny. Don't know who these girls are, not planning on running out and buying any of their cd's--but they're cute. That Kimberly is scrump-dilly-icious.

Edited by reddsun1

Okay, so the first 2-1/2 mins are pretty much rubbish; but that was pretty funny. Don't know who these girls are, not planning on running out and buying any of their cd's--but they're cute. That Kimberly is scrump-dilly-icious.

At least Fifth Gear didn't get the Spice Girls. They would've thrown a hissy-fit before the first turn.

Actually, the real story of this segment is at 2:25 of this video, where Sarah crashes a Ferrari 355 before even entering the track.

The sad part is not the crash itself, but that she then GUNNED THE ENGINE AFTERWARDS to try to get unstuck, and had to be coached that perhaps backing up slowly may be the better option...

Or maybe she wanted to cause even further damage after the initial scrape.

Add me to the list of people who aren't impressed with Acura's new design direction. The TL was a great looking car one generation ago, now i can't tell if i'm looking at the front or the rear when one drives by. I don't know anyone who owns an RL, and the TSX got a whole bunch of shiny chrome bits that make it look ridiculous.

The Hyundai Genesis Coupe has been restyled with the corporate grille design. In addition, the engines have been tweaked to generate more power (271 bhp for the 4-cylinder and 345 bhp for the V6) and there's the new 8-speed automatic transmission. Last year's version still looks better, though.

exact

I've always thought the Lotus Esprit (in every form) tended to resemble "the current Lambo". (which is a good thing, IMHO---I've never been big on Lotus overall, but have liked the Espirit since the 80's)

exactly, more like a Lambo then a British edgy car, I really used to like em, unmistakable tail,, I do love Lambo's, but then they "look" like Lambo's, that brand character