Jaguar's all-new C-X16 is the company's first hybrid. Under the hood is a supercharged 3-liter V6 that generates 375 bhp and 332 lb-ft torque, which is mated to a 94 bhp, 173 lb-ft torque electric motor. This equals to an output of 469 bhp and 505 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-100 km/h is 4.4 seconds and the top speed is 186 mph.

The production version of the C-X16 is expected to compete with the Porsche Cayman when it hits showrooms. In the meantime, start drooling...

2011-Jaguar-C-X16-Concept-Studio-3-1280x960.jpg

2011-Jaguar-C-X16-Concept-Studio-2-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Jaguar-C-X16-Concept-Studio-6-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Jaguar-C-X16-Concept-Steering-Wheel-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Jaguar-C-X16-Concept-Console-2-1920x1440.jpg

2011 Jaguar C-X16 Concept

Jaguar's all-new C-X16 is the company's first hybrid. Under the hood is a supercharged 3-liter V6 that generates 375 bhp and 332 lb-ft torque, which is mated to a 94 bhp, 173 lb-ft torque electric motor. This equals to an output of 469 bhp and 505 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-100 km/h is 4.4 seconds and the top speed is 186 mph.

The production version of the C-X16 is expected to compete with the Porsche Cayman when it hits showrooms. In the meantime, start drooling...

Bl**dy Hell, that's hot...

Bl**dy Hell, that's hot...

The brake calipers look a little ricey. They look like oversized Corrola calipers painted red. Maybe it's just the concept.

Edited by peter

The brake calipers look a little ricey. They look like oversized Corrola calipers painted red. Maybe it's just the concept.

Seems like most auto manufacturers use slight variations on the same basic caliper design nowadays, anyway; with the exception of the high-end stuff like Brembo, or aftermarket like Wilwood.

Funny, I didn't even pay attention to them at first glance. Now that you bring my attention to them, can't help but notice the disparity in size between front and rear calipers. Bit odd. :blink:

Seems like most auto manufacturers use slight variations on the same basic caliper design nowadays, anyway; with the exception of the high-end stuff like Brembo, or aftermarket like Wilwood.

Funny, I didn't even pay attention to them at first glance. Now that you bring my attention to them, can't help but notice the disparity in size between front and rear calipers. Bit odd. :blink:

Well, you'd think a car of this calibre would come with Brembo calipers, or at least calipers mannufactured by brembo and relabelled. Hell, if a crappy Nissan Sentra SE-R has gold brembos as an option, this thing better come with something that slightly resembles forged alluminum calipers instead of a generic chunk of cast iron/steel found on a dump truck.

At the Frankfurt Motor Show, Lamborghini unveiled its new Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale. Based on the Gallardo race car, the LP 570-4 is powered by a 5.2 liter V10 that generates 570 bhp. And with the race-inspired body kit, it goes from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and does a top speed of 199 mph. Only 150 units will be made.

2012-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-570-4-Super-Trofeo-Stradale-Front-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-570-4-Super-Trofeo-Stradale-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-570-4-Super-Trofeo-Stradale-Engine-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-570-4-Super-Trofeo-Stradale-Dashboard-2-1920x1440.jpg

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale

Well, you'd think a car of this calibre would come with Brembo calipers, or at least calipers mannufactured by brembo and relabelled. Hell, if a crappy Nissan Sentra SE-R has gold brembos as an option, this thing better come with something that slightly resembles forged alluminum calipers instead of a generic chunk of cast iron/steel found on a dump truck.

Hey! I love my crappy SE-R! :p

At the Frankfurt Motor Show, Lamborghini unveiled its new Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale. Based on the Gallardo race car, the LP 570-4 is powered by a 5.2 liter V10 that generates 570 bhp. And with the race-inspired body kit, it goes from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and does a top speed of 199 mph. Only 150 units will be made.

]

Man, how many variants of the Gallardo has there been? It is starting to rival the Su-27/30/35 in variants!

Hey! I love my crappy SE-R! :p

I'm sorry man, that wasn't very nice of me. I don't know much about the SE-R, so I should bad mouth it. All I know is that it's some sort of special edition of the regular Sentra with an "R" badge similar to the GT-R, and at the time it came out, Nissan tried to emulate the R-33/34 front grill, and the gold brembo's were an option, but that's about it. Oh, and different fabric for the seats. Did it come with a different motor than the standard Sentra?

I'm sorry man, that wasn't very nice of me. I don't know much about the SE-R, so I should bad mouth it. All I know is that it's some sort of special edition of the regular Sentra with an "R" badge similar to the GT-R, and at the time it came out, Nissan tried to emulate the R-33/34 front grill, and the gold brembo's were an option, but that's about it. Oh, and different fabric for the seats. Did it come with a different motor than the standard Sentra?

Aye, it does. The current SE-Rs use the same 2.5 liter engine that the Altima uses. The Spec-V version, which mine is, also has a six-speed manual and a limited-slip differential. Sadly, the front grill which you mentioned was only around for the 02-03 model years. Those two years also had nicer rims than the ones that my SE-R has. Mine's a 2005, by the way.

The SE-Rs have been around for a while, since around the 1991 model year or so.

Aye, it does. The current SE-Rs use the same 2.5 liter engine that the Altima uses. The Spec-V version, which mine is, also has a six-speed manual and a limited-slip differential. Sadly, the front grill which you mentioned was only around for the 02-03 model years. Those two years also had nicer rims than the ones that my SE-R has. Mine's a 2005, by the way.

The SE-Rs have been around for a while, since around the 1991 model year or so.

Cool, pardon my ignorance. When I first saw that particular model,I just thought it was Nissan's attempt to cash in on the ricer scene because the GT-R was not available on this side of the water. I think this was before importing the R-32 was even made reality. So, what kind of hp is the 2.5 litre engine put out? Any factory suspension upgrades? New Altima's have the v6 or are they still using the 4?

Post some pictures of your car.

Edited by peter

Cool, pardon my ignorance. When I first saw that particular model,I just thought it was Nissan's attempt to cash in on the ricer scene because the GT-R was not available on this side of the water. I think this was before importing the R-32 was even made reality. So, what kind of hp is the 2.5 litre engine put out? Any factory suspension upgrades? New Altima's have the v6 or are they still using the 4?

Post some pictures of your car.

My model year's HP is 175, while the current SE-Rs are putting out 200. It does have a stiffer suspense then regular Sentras and includes a strut tower brace.

The Altiams come in both 4-cylinder and V6 versions.

I only have one picture of my car. Here it is:

post-1431-0-07363000-1316374122_thumb.jpg

My model year's HP is 175, while the current SE-Rs are putting out 200. It does have a stiffer suspense then regular Sentras and includes a strut tower brace.

The Altiams come in both 4-cylinder and V6 versions.

I only have one picture of my car. Here it is:

post-1431-0-07363000-1316374122_thumb.jpg

Clean, nice...

So forza 4 has this easter egg in it.

Aren't there some youtube vids of a real-life replica? I wonder what they used for a base vehicle?

ed: yup, thought there was

4-wheel steer. Very trick. Not at all practical--or safe--for the gunner. But pretty cool, from a gee-whiz factor.

Edited by reddsun1

2011 Jaguar C-X16 Concept

Wish to God it was true, unfortunately from what I've heard it's not. The CX-16's price will be in the Porsche 911's range and not the Cayman's. It's supposed come in just under the XK which means it could be inbetween $74,000 to $83,000. You can get a Cayman between $47,000 to $66,000. It would be nice to get a Jag that looks like that at about 60 thousand, but most of the interviews I've have seen place the CX-16 as direct competition with the 911. :(

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Nice IS350 with X-Package!!! What year is it? I used to have a black '08 IS350 with the same X-Package until the twins came along. Then it was time to trade the IS in for a minivan because there was no way I could fit two car seats in the back of the IS. Argh, I miss my little toy. :(

Nice IS350 with X-Package!!! What year is it? I used to have a black '08 IS350 with the same X-Package until the twins came along. Then it was time to trade the IS in for a minivan because there was no way I could fit two car seats in the back of the IS. Argh, I miss my little toy. :(

Its an '08 unfortunately mine is only the IS "250" :( but i still love it. This is my second IS, the former was a black IS300 which i missed alot. If it werent that car got hit and run i would not have traded her.

Edited by Vegas

In line at the local Mcdonalds in Slidell, Louisiana, and I see this truck in front of me.

Fess up! It has to be a member :)

post-806-0-14306800-1318208328_thumb.jpg

Edited by one_klump