Unbelievable. Only in Monaco, Beverly Hills or Dubai could you have that kind of crash.

Imagine for a second that you're the guy from the Bentley's insurance company asked to come out and do the case :D

Meh....Mr.Bean wrote off a Mclaren F1, haha!

Add Richmond/Vancouver, BC to that list....

This kind of stuff happens more often than you think around here, haha!

carreragt4lq.jpg

nissan-gt-r-bank-crash-vancouver.jpg

nissan-gt-r-bank-crash-32.jpg

It just goes to show that money buys fancy cars but not driving skills.

Edited by peter

Who would've thought a Hyundai could go that fast?

Impressive numbers, to be sure. But what an ugly little bas**ard. Reminiscent of an 80's era GTP car, like a Tiga or a Spice.

86_tiga_gt286_wg_01.jpg

I see it's tube frame instead of aluminum monocoque though--so it may actually be a bit safer...

Edited by reddsun1

NoMansLand.jpg
No Man's Land
Orion Pictures, 1987
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Video, 2003
Directed by Peter Werner (Moonlighting, Call to Glory)
Running Time: 107 minutes
Rated R for graphic violence and profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-JbooeUtI

Cast
Charlie Sheen (who can't find a job these days) as Ted Varrick
D. B. Sweeney (Lt. Phil Lowenthal in Memphis Belle, Doug in The Cutting Edge) as Benjamin "Benjy" Taylor
Lara Harris as Ann Varrick
Randy Quaid (Tim Daland in Days of Thunder, Russell Casse in Independence Day) as Lt. Vincent Bracey
Bill Duke (Mac in Predator, Trask in X-Men: The Last Stand) as Malcolm

Synopsis
Rookie cop Benjy Taylor is assigned to go undercover and investigate a string of Porsche thefts and the murder of a detective, with millionaire and Porsche enthusiast Ted Varrick as the prime suspect. Using his extensive mechanical know-how on Porsches, Benjy becomes close friends with Ted and becomes romantically involved with Ted's sister Ann. He is, however, torn between his friendship and his mission.

Benjy: [looking at a Ferrari] "How about this one?"
Ted: "Italian trash. Besides, I only steal Porsches."

Lowdown
Many critics have claimed that The Fast and the Furious is a ripoff of the surfing movie Point Break. What they failed to mention is that there was an earlier movie that The Fast and the Furious ripped off: No Man's Land. Let's face it - aside from a few differences, both movies have the exact same premise: an undercover cop investigating a string of thefts involving cars.

But unlike The Fast and the Furious, No Man's Land is a Porsche fanatic's wet dream (and a nightmare for some). The first-generation Porsche 911 (1964-1989) has the advantage of being an immortal classic, unlike the throwaway ricers of The Fast and Furious film series. It never has and will never go out of style, even if this movie reeks of '80s retro. And while the car chase scene involving a Porsche and a third-generation Camaro is short (and somewhat implausible for the Camaro to catch up, according to some car enthusiasts), it is very intense - with absolutely no need of CGI crap to keep viewers on the edge of their seats.

The car scenes are good, but what about the story and characters? Well, it's no different from The Fast and the Furious. You have your cookie-cutter good guy and bad guy characters with generic acting. All of these sub-plots of grand theft auto and murders seem like afterthoughts. And this may sound wrong, but Lara Harris looks like a female Steve Buscemi. wacko.gif

In short, the film is not an award-winner of sorts. Just a fairly good rental for the casual car nut and something to keep the hardcore Porsche enthusiasts busy.

Rating: C

References

The Internet Movie Database
Wikipedia

Edited by areaseven

OMG, I can totally see the chick's resemblance to Steve Buscemi...LOL.

And yeah, a Camaro has no business catching up with a 911, specially if there's curves involved.

Haha, yeah, I would say not very likely, unless of course the owner of the Porsche is the same as the GT-R above.

My one of my all-time favourite movie scenes involving cars has got to be the opening of Cannonball Run.

Makes me want to get a Countach, haha!

Edited by peter

Haha, yeah, I would say not very likely, unless of course the owner of the Porsche is the same as the GT-R above.

My one of my all-time favourite movie scenes involving cars has got to be the opening of Cannonball Run.

Makes me want to get a Countach, haha!

Hehe, cool. Now that movie's quite a time-capsule, isn't it? Wow, so many from that ensemble cast are gone now. Ah, the 80's--when the Countach pretty much ruled the roost, as fantasy cars go; their posters adorning the bedroom walls of countless teenage boys...

Ah, memories. The Mustang that David Carradine drove at the end of Cannonball was pretty much what gave me a chubby for fastback 'Stangs as a kid. I still like the race up the LA river from Gumball, with the Cobra and the Ferrari Daytona. In hindsight, that movie was from back before everybody started kit-bashing Cobras, making it much more likely that it was a genuine street ver (428ci) that was used. So many of those cars were likely considered "throwaways" back then; no telling where most of them ended up after all their mule work in front of the cameras...

ed: HAH! mark my words! remember--I said it first! Get ready, cause a reboot of the Cannonball [themed] movies is bound to be coming.

Edited by reddsun1

ed: HAH! mark my words! remember--I said it first! Get ready, cause a reboot of the Cannonball [themed] movies is bound to be coming.

Ha ha. You're probably right. Just that instead of Burt Reynolds and Frank Sinatra we'll get the likes of Ashton Kutcher and Justin Timberlake at the wheel of those fine automobiles.

Funny, that clip makes the countach look so badass. I miss seeing that car around.

"Every time I hear that Lambo whine..............my nipples get hard."

- Youtube comment

Ha ha. You're probably right. Just that instead of Burt Reynolds and Frank Sinatra we'll get the likes of Ashton Kutcher and Justin Timberlake at the wheel of those fine automobiles.

They're liable to try to get Burt to be in them. Probably get his Mack on, make his appearance as an old-skool gangsta in a souped up Bentley or Lincoln or something. Or--God forbid--get a part written in so's he can show up in a "Bandit edition" Year One Firebird. **shudder**

ban3ut2_535.jpg

Not sure just what route they'd take though [hah! no pun intended] with such a film(s). Probably try to go for slapstick/comedy, to distance themselves from we-take-ourselves-way-too-seriously material like the "Furious" series. As I understand it, the modern Cannonball runs are nothing like the original coast-to-coast races, in spirit or in practice. More like press-junkets nowadays, for a bunch of rich tw*ts/movie-stars/pro-athletes to perpetuate the hard-partying-glamour-life image.

Edited by reddsun1

Oh wait a minute, I stand corrected. I completely forgot: they've already been-there done-that by way of "reality TV" format, there was that awful show with Bill Goldberg on the SPEED channel. Bullrun--more like bullsh*t. Gimme the remote. **click** <_<

Edited by reddsun1

Wiesmann - quite possibly the most gorgeous roadster ever created by man. And the new Roadster MF5 is no exception. Powered by a 4.4 liter twin turbo BMW V8 that generates 555 bhp and 502 lb-ft torque, it's heavier than the standard Roadster MF3 (at 3,109 lbs.), but it can do 0-62 mph in 3.9 seconds and achieve a top speed of 193 mph. Now that is sexy.

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Front-Angle-Speed-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Rear-Angle-Speed-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Door-Sill-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Wiesmann-Roadster-MF5-Duo-1920x1440.jpg

2011 Wiesmann Roadster MF5

Wiesmann - quite possibly the most gorgeous roadster ever created by man.

Well now, that's strictly subjective, now isn't it? The first word that came to mind when viewing the interior shot was: "creamy." Damned if I know why, but now I inexplicably want a cup of hot cocoa, LOL.

It could almost be said it looks like a Morgan Aero 8 violated an AC Cobra--or vice versa--and this is the bast*rd offspring...

Edited by reddsun1

Well now, that's strictly subjective, now isn't it? The first word that came to mind when viewing the interior shot was: "creamy." Damned if I know why, but now I inexplicably want a cup of hot cocoa, LOL.

It could almost be said it looks like a Morgan Aero 8 violated an AC Cobra--or vice versa--and this is the bast*rd offspring...

I got a TVR Speed 6 vibe, but it strikes me more as intriguing than gorgeous from the outside, but definitely felt the same way about the interior "creamy" for some reason sounds like the right adjective.

And now for another oddball cross-promotion:

I just don't understand why they use Miku for promoting Toyota Carollas overseas...

In Japan maybe, but I doubt the typical Carolla customer knows (or even wants to know) what a vocaloid is.

The Lexus LFA does an impressive lap time at Laguna Seca. Equally impressive is the noise it generates.

Wow. That really does sound like a proper race car. Who would have thought that Lexus could build something like that. It's a shame that Toyota had to pull out of F1.