As far as I know the Transformer Edition is only some badging here and there.

The ones in the movie are based off the original concept and have changed throughout each movie and are running some pretty heavy mods.

See,the yellow one is the car I want!!! Is there a body kit that looks just like that one?

I'm giving some serious consideration about purchasing the 2011 chevy camaro "Transformer edition", however I've heard that the previous editions did not look like the ones that appears in the film. Does anybody know if this is true? :unsure:

Depends on which movie you're talking about. The one on the first film wasn't a Camaro at all; it was a hack-job on a Pontiac GTO chassis made to look like the Camaro Concept. The Camaro TF edition released in late 2009 is nowhere close to being a faithful replica of the one in ROTF; it just has Autobot badges. If you want a Camaro that's an exact replica of Bumblebee, you'll need to at least change the front bumper, hood, wheels and repaint the whole car in yellow-orange. So far, only concept sketches of the 2012 Camaro TF Edition show that the bumper is still stock.

Here's a comparison:

img_8158.jpg

2009 Revenge of the Fallen Bumblebee

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_edition_001.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Transformers Edition

DOTM-Bumblebee-transformers-dark-of-moon-22090200-1024-768.jpg

2011 Dark of the Moon Bumblebee

2012-Chevrolet-Camaro-Transformers-Edition-2.jpg

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Transformers Edition

See,the yellow one is the car I want!!! Is there a body kit that looks just like that one?

I'm sure the GM or Camaro forums will have your answer.

Depends on which movie you're talking about. The one on the first film wasn't a Camaro at all; it was a hack-job on a Pontiac GTO chassis made to look like the Camaro Concept. The Camaro TF edition released in late 2009 is nowhere close to being a faithful replica of the one in ROTF; it just has Autobot badges. If you want a Camaro that's an exact replica of Bumblebee, you'll need to at least change the front bumper, hood, wheels and repaint the whole car in yellow-orange. So far, only concept sketches of the 2012 Camaro TF Edition show that the bumper is still stock.

Here's a comparison:

2009 Revenge of the Fallen Bumblebee

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Transformers Edition

2011 Dark of the Moon Bumblebee

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Transformers Edition

I'm sure the GM or Camaro forums will have your answer.

Thanks alot. I have to admit that this would be my first American car given my first car was a Honda Accord and my current car is an Acura Integra. I love the look of the new Bumblebee Camaro and I would buy it RIGHT NOW if it would look just like the one in the film. Thanks for the info!! :)

I have to admit that this would be my first American car given my first car was a Honda Accord and my current car is an Acura Integra.

Have you given any thought to the Challenger or the new 5.0? Just asking, because personally that's where I'd look first...

Have you given any thought to the Challenger or the new 5.0? Just asking, because personally that's where I'd look first...

The problem with the Challenger is that it's a muscle car that lacks just that - muscle. In every car magazine, it's been spanked by the Camaro and the Mustang. The V6 engine on the SE is beyond pathetic - doing 0-60 in 8.3 seconds (an 11-year-old Honda Civic Si will smoke that by 0.3 seconds). Plus, the interior is overly bland with absolutely no character (mostly because it uses components recycled from the Chrysler 300C).

The problem with the Challenger is that it's a muscle car that lacks just that - muscle. In every car magazine, it's been spanked by the Camaro and the Mustang. The V6 engine on the SE is beyond pathetic - doing 0-60 in 8.3 seconds (an 11-year-old Honda Civic Si will smoke that by 0.3 seconds). Plus, the interior is overly bland with absolutely no character (mostly because it uses components recycled from the Chrysler 300C).

AFAIK, Chrysler's new hemis are great motors--judging from the numbers on paper. The root of the problem is: the car's a PIG. It's too godd**ned BIG, and it's too godd**ed HEAVY. Unfortunately that was the same primary drawback for the original E-bodies back in the day, at least in comparison to their pony-car contemporaries. Apparently Chrysler hasn't learned anything from the lessons of history.

Now I realise that this is mostly due to having to comply with more stringent gov't regulations, requiring crashworthiness levels sufficient to protect f'ing morons who still refuse to buckle their godda**ed seatbelt when they get in a car [something about 'unbelted passenger regs'?]. That, plus the fact that the core group of buyers is one that doesn't wish to sacrifice comfort and amenities for the sake of saving weight for outright performance. It is what it is.

Still, the Challenger seems to have a lot of aesthetic character that's certainly appealing to some.

ed: the new Boss Mustang promises to be the best bang-for-the-buck muscle car around; but AFAIK it will be built in extremely low numbers? Count on dealer mark-ups and collector/speculator frenzy to push it up into Shelby territory, price-wise, if not higher.

Edited by reddsun1

I like the pro-touring/restomod approach, i.e. use modern driveline and suspension components to make classically styled cars rival the new ones in terms of comfort and performance...

Builders like these guys seem to have it down-pat

36_large_3.jpg16_large_1.jpg

16_large_9.jpg16_large_5.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

I'd definitely steer clear (no pun intended) of any non-Shelby/SVT (V6, GT, and Boss) Mustangs with a manual transmission. They've been having a lot of serious problems with them lately. The automatics have been fine though.

If I were to get a pony car, I'd get a black on black Mustang ala KITT from the 2008 Knight Rider before I'd get a black on yellow Camaro. I think the Mustang just looks better.

But what do I know, I prefer Japanese compact sedans. Hence my Lancer.

Wrong shade of yellow. I wouldn't spend a dime extra for a "Transformers edition" Camaro that's not even CLOSE to the right shade. I can understand if they don't want to EXACTLY match the color---but they don't offer anything at all right.

Metallic dusky-orangey-gold pearl vs gloss bright canary yellow=not the same.

Buy a base model in pure white (yes, white) then get it custom painted. You'll end up with something that looks a LOT more like the 07 movie, for less.

My 33-year old Honda Civic would spank all of the above :ph34r:

And that doesn't change the fact that it's still a 33-year old Honda civic :p

Edited by anime52k8

I like the pro-touring/restomod approach, i.e. use modern driveline and suspension components to make classically styled cars rival the new ones in terms of comfort and performance...

The one DREAM I have in my life is to send my '69 Charger out to XV Motorsports and have them do their 'thang with my car. I would seriously give up just about anything to have that happen.

I'm strictly speaking about the SRT version; I think if you have enough coin to buy an R/T you can switch to Top Ramen instead of PF Chang's for a few years and spring for the SRT. Yes, the Challenger is a pig, but so were all of the cars from the over-glorified 60's and 70's, which it's supposed to emulate. I would rather WALK than drive/be seen in the V6 Challenger. As for the interior? IMO as long as the seats hold me tight and the instruments are informative and readily visible I don't need anything else; true muscle car drivers like myself are a low-browed, unrefined breed and don't need anything more than that either.

Now, I do believe in the proper marriage of evolution and timeless style, which is why I also suggested the new 5.0. Retro looks AND blistering performance that seriously threatens cars like the M3 make the new 5.0 unbeatable, as far as I'm concerned.

As for the Camaro-I wet my pants when I first saw the concept all those years back, but honestly, the style's gotten old really quick, IMO and that car is a pig too. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great muscle car but it's #4 on the list, right behind the Challenger, 5.0 and..........my 1999 Ram-Air Firebird...

Edited by myk

Wrong shade of yellow. I wouldn't spend a dime extra for a "Transformers edition" Camaro that's not even CLOSE to the right shade. I can understand if they don't want to EXACTLY match the color---but they don't offer anything at all right.

Metallic dusky-orangey-gold pearl vs gloss bright canary yellow=not the same.

Buy a base model in pure white (yes, white) then get it custom painted. You'll end up with something that looks a LOT more like the 07 movie, for less.

It looks like in order to get one as close to the one in the movie, I would have to buy a ZL1 with the Transformer package and the 20 inch rims with ground effects. As far as the paint goes I'd just have to live with the color that comes with it.

I'll have to go by the Chevy dealer an see what they say, but if I do decide to go through with it I'll post pictures when it arrives!!! :)

Edited by aerocombatpilot

And that doesn't change the fact that it's still a 33-year old Honda civic :p

Hey man, nuthin' wrong with an old skool! My Civic gets more smiles than my NSX ever did.

Ever been schooled by an old skool?

Edited by peter

It looks like in order to get one as close to the one in the movie, I would have to buy a ZL1 with the Transformer package and the 20 inch rims with ground effects. As far as the paint goes I'd just have to live with the color that comes with it.

I'll have to go by the Chevy dealer an see what they say, but if I do decide to go through with it I'll post pictures when it arrives!!! :)

Actually you would be better off getting a fully loaded 2SS/RS then taking it to a reputable aftermark installer. The TF3 Bumblebee isn't a ZL1, it's an SS. The rims/wheels appear to be the 21 inch ones you can get from GM. The ground effects on TF3 'Bee are really no where near close the GM ground effects. Lastly the hood and front fascia are different also.

Not trying to be a downer here, but for the extra money you would shell out for a ZL1 TF Edition, you can get an SS and customize into a much closer approximation of the TF3 'Bee.

Actually you would be better off getting a fully loaded 2SS/RS then taking it to a reputable aftermark installer. The TF3 Bumblebee isn't a ZL1, it's an SS. The rims/wheels appear to be the 21 inch ones you can get from GM. The ground effects on TF3 'Bee are really no where near close the GM ground effects. Lastly the hood and front fascia are different also.

Not trying to be a downer here, but for the extra money you would shell out for a ZL1 TF Edition, you can get an SS and customize into a much closer approximation of the TF3 'Bee.

Thanks, as I noted earlier I know pratically NOTHING about American cars, something I'm not proud of. Hopefully This Camaro will be the first in a long line for me!!! :)

Thanks, as I noted earlier I know pratically NOTHING about American cars, something I'm not proud of. Hopefully This Camaro will be the first in a long line for me!!! :)

N.P. but if you really want to learn about the Camaro, go to www.camaro5.com that is the place for Camaro information.

Living in northeast Ohio, I rarely see anything beyond some BMW 5 series and occasionally, a Jaguar. Spotting an Evo or even a WRX is a rarity. There is one Lambo out here and I've seen him on a few occasions. He was driving in the lane next to mine a few months ago. He would be showing off after every light or so though I did enjoy hearing those notes. :D I've also seen an Audi R8 a few times

You need to hang out in the rich suburbs if you want to see something exotic. That Marshall Goodman or Goldman or whatever on Miles Road in War Hts has a bunch of these. I've been seeing too many BMWs lately for my taste in the hands of thugs and morons. (Granted, all older than 10 years, but nonetheless it's there). Makes me want to switch brands again. Maybe I'll go back to American. I was planning on getting the new Camaro when it came out but when I was shopping, they weren't released yet and I ended up with a bimmer.

Hey man, nuthin' wrong with an old skool! My Civic gets more smiles than my NSX ever did.

Ever been schooled by an old skool?

it doesn't really matter who you can "skool" with your car, bottom line is it's an econo-box from Honda.

it doesn't really matter who you can "skool" with your car, bottom line is it's an econo-box from Honda.

Wow, such a hate-on for Honda. I didn't know this was a performance American/Italian car thread only.

Haha, nevermind, I see that you describe yourself as a troll.

Edited by peter

Wow, such a hate-on for Honda. I didn't know this was a performance American/Italian car thread only.

Haha, nevermind, I see that in your describe yourself as a troll.

He does own a Toyota Supra Mk III, so he's in no position to bash old Japanese cars (unless he actually hates Hondas).

He does own a Toyota Supra Mk III, so he's in no position to bash old Japanese cars (unless he actually hates Hondas).

Thanks for the tip, prolly just hates Hondas...but for what reason, I have no idea. Toyota makes more econoboxes than any manufacturer in the entire world. I hate the Corolla and anyone who drives one (haha, where I live anyway :) ). They're all owned by driving schools (like Wing-On driving school, Dynasty driving school, Imperial driving school, Excellent driving school, New Century driving school etc.........you get the idea), taxi companies and rent-a-cars........and the people who actually own them have no idea how to drive...they all popped $5,000 to bribe the testers so they could pass the test. The only Corolla worth mentioning is the hachi-roku.

For the record, I don't hate all Toyota cars....loved the MR2 (1st and 2ns gen), the Celica GT-Four(we got this one in Canada for a while....not sure about the states) the Supra, especially the Mark IV....even though it's dated by today's standards, it still has a special place in my heart. That era of sports cars was *ucking fun.

Edited by peter

Every Honda anyone in my family has owned has been an unreliable piece of junk, and if you see a civic more than 10 years old where I live, it probably belongs to an asshat who thinks that a cheap body kit and an obnoxious muffler makes them the baddest Mo-fo on 4 wheels.

so yeah, I don't hold Honda's in high regard.

As for Toyota's; they're perhaps the blandest auto maker in the world and that haven't made a remotely cool looking car in years, but their vanilla econoboxes are the most reliable, well built vanilla econoboxes on the road.

The Ring brothers Mustang Looks awesome

That would be the way to go but that can get expensive quick.

I like the front fascia[sp?]. Not too keen on the rocker panels though. And ferchrissakes, what's with the godd**ned wagon wheels? That design would look just as good in 17", maybe even 18", and probably weigh less...

Hehe, cool vid.

Hey! Wait a minute! Is that speedo in mph? or kph? :p

I like the front fascia[sp?]. Not too keen on the rocker panels though. And ferchrissakes, what's with the godd**ned wagon wheels? That design would look just as good in 17", maybe even 18", and probably weigh less...

Hehe, cool vid.

Hey! Wait a minute! Is that speedo in mph? or kph? :p

I thought the same thing on the wheels and side rockers. That is the beauty of the older cars. You don't need to put anythink larger than 17 or 18 inch wheel to give a really aggressive stance. It seemed like the wheel wells were smaller than some of the more recent cars.

I thought the same thing on the wheels and side rockers. That is the beauty of the older cars. You don't need to put anythink larger than 17 or 18 inch wheel to give a really aggressive stance. It seemed like the wheel wells were smaller than some of the more recent cars.

For the most part, I like the "super musclecars" done by Barry White's shop for Wrecks To Riches. Very aggressive stance to the designs, but not way over-the-top with it.

Imports just don't do it that much for me. EXCEPT--I do often wish I'd held on to my "beater" '84 Celica GTS. Especially when I saw Enkei re-introduced the classic "92" design. Always thought some of those would look sweet on 'er. God Da*n, but it was fun, tossing 'er into a corner; and executing a perfect heel-and-toe shift. Wouldn't do 100 if you dropped it from a plane; but had the best f'ing brakes of anything I've ever driven.

enkei-enkei92-classic-wheel-large-main.jpg

That was truly a sad day for me. I thought I "needed the money more," but it felt like sh*t, watching the car going out of the driveway on the tow dolly. It was like that scene from Orwell's Animal Farm, when they carted Boxer off to the gluemaker's. It was like I could hear an imaginary voice: "Hey? Where's this guy taking me? Hey?! You're going to stop him, aren't you? Where is he taking me?!" I've seen the car around town a couple of times since I let 'er go. F'ing wanker's put some big, tacky vinyl decals in 8" script across the hood and down the rocker panels: "Celica" and "Toyota." No sh*t, a$$hole. Ya think nobody would be able to figure out what it was, what with the badging already on it? Totally tasteless. One step away from riced-out.

DICK. <_<

Edited by reddsun1

Ditto for me as well. Not really into imports either. I like some, but I usually prefer american cars. I do however like the new tech and gizmos in the newer cars, but other than that too many look the same to me. Way too plastic and cheap looking. That may be one of my biggest gripes with all the newer cars, but that isn't going to change. Also, nothing really stands out from manufacturer to manufacturer. But I may be too nostalgic.

I did like the 80's celica's and datsun's as well. When I was a kid my uncle had a celica with a manual tranny. I loved that little car. One of my friends is restoring an 1970 or 69 opel. His dad is willing to give him his 80's celica GT once he finishes the opel.

anime52k8,

I feel sorry for you and your family, you sound like very unhappy people.

For the most part, I like the "super musclecars" done by Barry White's shop for Wrecks To Riches. Very aggressive stance to the designs, but not way over-the-top with it.

Imports just don't do it that much for me. EXCEPT--I do often wish I'd held on to my "beater" '84 Celica GTS. Especially when I saw Enkei re-introduced the classic "92" design. Always thought some of those would look sweet on 'er. God Da*n, but it was fun, tossing 'er into a corner; and executing a perfect heel-and-toe shift. Wouldn't do 100 if you dropped it from a plane; but had the best f'ing brakes of anything I've ever driven.

http://www.enkei.com/images/classic/enkei-enkei92-classic-wheel-large-main.jpg

That was truly a sad day for me. I thought I "needed the money more," but it felt like sh*t, watching the car going out of the driveway on the tow dolly. It was like that scene from Orwell's Animal Farm, when they carted Boxer off to the gluemaker's. It was like I could hear an imaginary voice: "Hey? Where's this guy taking me? Hey?! You're going to stop him, aren't you? Where is he taking me?!" I've seen the car around town a couple of times since I let 'er go. F'ing wanker's put some big, tacky vinyl decals in 8" script across the hood and down the rocker panels: "Celica" and "Toyota." No sh*t, a$$hole. Ya think nobody would be able to figure out what it was, what with the badging already on it? Totally tasteless. One step away from riced-out.

DICK. <_<

Hey reddsun1,

Haha, unfortunately, that speedo is in km/hr. Yeah, the rice-boy mentality is going pretty strong where I live, and movies like Fast and Furious really dodn't help the situation. Although, I think folks in general are starting to realize what's tacky and what's not, and it's not as bad as it used to be. The really bad examples are generally kids just getting into cars and want to "modify" according to financial situation rather than what's functional (example gaudy decals, wings, spoilers, and blinking neon lights etc). These tossers make anyone who drives an import look like a wanker.

Those Enkei's were awesome and I wanted to get some for my car, but being FF, the deep dish wheel would stick out way too much.

I think the Panasports fit with the same era my car's from:

DSCN0687.JPG

DSCN0739.JPG

My car's definitely gone through some Frankensteining, but it's not that ricy, and least I don't think. Most upgrade parts are OEM but some had to be fabricated and some had to come from other sources (even some Toyota parts were used!) because nothing else would fit. Like the pro-touring/restomods abover, very little of the '78 car is still intact except for the shell, windows, and some interior peices. The engine was from a 2001 Honda, the tranny from a '93, the brakes from a '96, the seats from a '96....list goes on and on. But overall, I tried to keep my car looking as factory as possible.

Edited by peter