• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, jenius said:

Oh my.

Lambo let me drive their winning Sebring car: (track cars are insane, and I never thought I would drive anything that be as insane as my Lambo)

Image 32.jpeg

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This might be slightly faster than your previous 4C.

I bet my WRX can take you! :crazy:

My Mustang will take it...........................................'s lunch money.:D But, it isn't a Lambo.:wub:

On 6/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, ErikElvis said:

Very nice lambo. Eventually I’d like to get something like a 05 viper. But that’s at least a few years down the road. 

Thanks Erik! 05 was a good year for the Viper. Fun car.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, sqidd said:

What do you do for a living? Are you professionally good looking and jacked?:D

HAHA, thanks. I invent medical, therapy, and fitness devices. My first invention is called OsteoStrong. Franchaise clinics that my invention. 130 clinics in 8 countries. Tony Robbins is my business partner in that. Then I invented a therapy/fitness device that is doing extremely well. I use the Lambo in the advertising on social media so I figured out a way where the Lambo pays me, as opposed to me paying for the Lambo. Here is my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drjaquish/

Also if any of you are interested in health and fitness I have a book coming out that got endorsements from NASA and the Miami HEAT (I do their strength programing)
https://www.jaquishbiomedical.com/book/?fbclid=IwAR29dOwX-_AHEYTgGT3TGjt9vg0zdtgism7NOghd37S82NKxWH_HpGV1eWE

2 minutes ago, Agent ONE said:

HAHA, thanks. I invent medical, therapy, and fitness devices. My first invention is called OsteoStrong. Franchaise clinics that my invention. 130 clinics in 8 countries. Tony Robbins is my business partner in that. Then I invented a therapy/fitness device that is doing extremely well. I use the Lambo in the advertising on social media so I figured out a way where the Lambo pays me, as opposed to me paying for the Lambo. Here is my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drjaquish/

Also if any of you are interested in health and fitness I have a book coming out that got endorsements from NASA and the Miami HEAT (I do their strength programing)
https://www.jaquishbiomedical.com/book/?fbclid=IwAR29dOwX-_AHEYTgGT3TGjt9vg0zdtgism7NOghd37S82NKxWH_HpGV1eWE

Very cool!

On 6/27/2020 at 2:08 AM, vlenhoff said:

This might be slightly faster than your previous 4C.

I bet my WRX can take you! :crazy:

On a dirt road, 100%! And yes, WAY faster than the 4c, but I really liked the 4c. Best value in a sports car for sure. It was like a 360 Ferrari that ran like a Honda Civic and was half the cost. I highly recommend that car.

5 minutes ago, Agent ONE said:

I just checked the link out to the book. I'm going to have to get that. I've been doing guess what? Lifting weights and cardio! Winters are lifting weights and summer is mountain biking.

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/30/2020 at 11:35 AM, Agent ONE said:

On a dirt road, 100%! And yes, WAY faster than the 4c, but I really liked the 4c. Best value in a sports car for sure. It was like a 360 Ferrari that ran like a Honda Civic and was half the cost. I highly recommend that car.

Ha ha, no, I am only joking. Congrats on such an iconic ride, I really like it! Now if we were to fight mano a mano, I would definitely destroy you! 

On 6/27/2020 at 7:28 AM, sqidd said:

My Mustang will take it...........................................'s lunch money.:D But, it isn't a Lambo.:wub:

After the Miura, Murcielago, and the Countach, this is one of my favorite Lambos.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's the thing.  I drive a 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum edition.  And I do like it; it's sporty enough that driving it doesn't bore me the way my wife's Rogue does, but still practical enough that no one worries I'm having a midlife crisis when I pick my kid up from school.  But my dad was going on and on the other day about the car he saw on a used car lot near his house, how cool it looked, etc.  Turns out it's a Fisker Karma, and the asking price is under $30K.  Obviously I'd need more info about the condition and the mileage and all that, but am I crazy for even considering trading in my three-year-old car on something that's at least eight, but cost more than double my Maxima when it was new?

11 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

So here's the thing.  I drive a 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum edition.  And I do like it; it's sporty enough that driving it doesn't bore me the way my wife's Rogue does, but still practical enough that no one worries I'm having a midlife crisis when I pick my kid up from school.  But my dad was going on and on the other day about the car he saw on a used car lot near his house, how cool it looked, etc.  Turns out it's a Fisker Karma, and the asking price is under $30K.  Obviously I'd need more info about the condition and the mileage and all that, but am I crazy for even considering trading in my three-year-old car on something that's at least eight, but cost more than double my Maxima when it was new?

You would be insane to buy that as a daily driver. A good friend was involved in that entire Fisker disaster. The only ones that are at all worth looking at are the LS conversions. But I still wouldn't own one if I needed to count on it.

They look awesome and drive really nice (at least the LS conversion does). It has to be looked at as an exotic though.

12 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Definitely a cool looking car. But I bet it’s reliability is poor and expensive to fix. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

You would be insane to buy that as a daily driver. A good friend was involved in that entire Fisker disaster. The only ones that are at all worth looking at are the LS conversions. But I still wouldn't own one if I needed to count on it.

They look awesome and drive really nice (at least the LS conversion does). It has to be looked at as an exotic though.

Thanks for the input.  I'll put it out of my head.  I guess I was just caught up in the "holy balls, that's affordable!"  I'll stick with my original plan, which is to drive the Nissan until my kid is in high school then maybe treat myself to something more fun and less practical.

1 minute ago, mikeszekely said:

Thanks for the input.  I'll put it out of my head.  I guess I was just caught up in the "holy balls, that's affordable!"  I'll stick with my original plan, which is to drive the Nissan until my kid is in high school then maybe treat myself to something more fun and less practical.

No problem. I don't want to see you get into that money pit!

You're probably going to find that as you get older your desire for something more exciting diminishes. I can't believe that I'm at a point in my life where I don't have a fast car.......and I don't care one little bit. I was never without a fast car....unless I had a fast motorcycle for my entire life. Then it just kinda stopped. One day I said to myself, "What is the point of this thing?". It's not the 90's  and early 00's where you could dive like an a hole. Too much traffic, too many people on cell phones/texting, I'm no longer inclined to be constantly looking out for the fuzz, etc. I've got a Fusion and a F-150. I drive 5 over on surface streets and 7 over on the freeway. I haven't had a ticket since 2006. And that one was me not paying attention when the speed limit dropped on the freeway out of state. My wife has a loaded out 19' Mustang GT with the 10 speed trans. I've driven it once just to see what that 10 speed was all about. Never had a desire to drive it again.

One caveat. I've had some seriously fast stuff and have spent a LOT of time on the race track. There is probably a bit of a burn out/been there done that factor in play. My last fast car was a 2007 GT500 that made a touch over 1000hp to the tires and went 221mph in the standing mile. So yeah, been there done that.:D

I really do enjoy flying under the radar, not paying insurance for fast stuff and generally just chilling out when I'm driving. 

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

No problem. I don't want to see you get into that money pit!

You're probably going to find that as you get older your desire for something more exciting diminishes. I can't believe that I'm at a point in my life where I don't have a fast car.......and I don't care one little bit. I was never without a fast car....unless I had a fast motorcycle for my entire life. Then it just kinda stopped. One day I said to myself, "What is the point of this thing?". It's not the 90's  and early 00's where you could dive like an a hole. Too much traffic, too many people on cell phones/texting, I'm no longer inclined to be constantly looking out for the fuzz, etc. I've got a Fusion and a F-150. I drive 5 over on surface streets and 7 over on the freeway. I haven't had a ticket since 2006. And that one was me not paying attention when the speed limit dropped on the freeway out of state. My wife has a loaded out 19' Mustang GT with the 10 speed trans. I've driven it once just to see what that 10 speed was all about. Never had a desire to drive it again.

One caveat. I've had some seriously fast stuff and have spent a LOT of time on the race track. There is probably a bit of a burn out/been there done that factor in play. My last fast car was a 2007 GT500 that made a touch over 1000hp to the tires and went 221mph in the standing mile. So yeah, been there done that.:D

I really do enjoy flying under the radar, not paying insurance for fast stuff and generally just chilling out when I'm driving. 

Can't say that's been the case for me, but I've never actually owned a "fast" car.  I grew up poor, and it's only in the last decade or so that I've had the disposable income to buy something because I like it and not because I could afford it and it'd get me from point A to point B.  My Maxima is actually the first car I've owned with a V6.

What I will say is that, as I get older, my desire to go all out on performance has been tempered with greater desire for luxury.  In my 20's my dream car was probably an Lambo.  In my 30's I wanted a GT-R.  Now I'm 40 and more interested in a Mercedes-AMG GT.

41 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Can't say that's been the case for me, but I've never actually owned a "fast" car.  I grew up poor, and it's only in the last decade or so that I've had the disposable income to buy something because I like it and not because I could afford it and it'd get me from point A to point B.  My Maxima is actually the first car I've owned with a V6.

What I will say is that, as I get older, my desire to go all out on performance has been tempered with greater desire for luxury.  In my 20's my dream car was probably an Lambo.  In my 30's I wanted a GT-R.  Now I'm 40 and more interested in a Mercedes-AMG GT.

My current dream car is this.:D

A buddy just got one. I'm in love. It's soooooooo sexy. And perfect in every MB way. You can jump in that car and drive it around the world if you want to.

I'm a huge Aston fan. But they constantly break down and cost a fortune to fix. Even if you're doing the work yourself.

Mercedes-Benz_SLS_AMG_(C_197)_%E2%80%93_

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but the subject is just so fitting.

Since the pandemic and stay-at-home practice we have had a lot of time on our hands. My daughter is headed off to boarding school in MA for the next four years starting mid next week and leaving her home in CA. She is very excited and before she left she asked if we could put the Rambler together and get it running. So my son 9, daughter 13, and myself embarked on getting this little six-banger back on the road. We accomplished our goal in just two months. We flushed the fuel system and replaced the tank, rebuilt replaced and installed the engine and transmission, and have gone through all the vital systems. The car runs great and is a lot fun to take out on the road. This gem has a lot of pep for it’s age, and is still rock solid. My daughter feels so accomplished now that she learned how to put together a car and get it back on the road. This classic has been stored for the past 16 years and now is finally as it should be. I restored the car about 27 years ago and the paint still holds up great! My son was so excited to go on the freeway and just loved the idea that he used his two hands to help with the reconstruction. To top it off, both my kids had never been driven in this car, they just love how roomy and simple it is.

We are so fortunate to have great long lasting memory during these turbulent times. 2020 went to the crapper in many ways, but for us we just made the best of what we had.

I am so proud of how much my kiddos were so headstrong and demonstrated their drive to get this job done.

Love my kiddos and this car is back to being a live member of our family!

DBAA9DC4-7BE0-4184-A32E-2D2B403C6CFD.jpeg

0D989D6D-E952-4AF4-B167-B1966C444C90.png

C8A560FC-9087-470F-A576-BA5E758BF13F.jpeg

F95A0A97-9038-4741-B72F-DB469BF9D42B.jpeg