Here's a question outta the blue, is there any website I can use to find the 70's and 80's F1 broadcasts or any old motorsports broadcasts for that matter? I'd love to watch some WRC or F1 race by race, season by season up to modern day.

Here's a question outta the blue, is there any website I can use to find the 70's and 80's F1 broadcasts or any old motorsports broadcasts for that matter? I'd love to watch some WRC or F1 race by race, season by season up to modern day.

im sure there are specific websites that have races but I watch what ever I can on youtube or download from torrent sites..

Got a new (for me) ride and already took second gear out before a year was up lol (bad syncro design TR3560) 2001 with only 50K miles for 8K

Putting in Tremec TKO500 5 speed from liberty trans (lightweight) with the thought of doing a 5.0 Coyote conversion in the future.

post-129-0-73311600-1452796580_thumb.jpg

Bellhousing from Ebay saved $300 going used, just need to clean it up

post-129-0-12892700-1452796801_thumb.png

Got a new (for me) ride and already took second gear out before a year was up lol (bad syncro design TR3560) 2001 with only 50K miles for 8K

Putting in Tremec TKO500 5 speed from liberty trans (lightweight) with the thought of doing a 5.0 Coyote conversion in the future.

attachicon.gifIMG_3211.JPG

Bellhousing from Ebay saved $300 going used, just need to clean it up

attachicon.gifIMG_3874.PNG

this should be a weapon after the new gearbox and Coyote conversion! B))

And now my signature is relevant.

nice car mate! :)

this should be a weapon after the new gearbox and Coyote conversion! B))

nice car mate! :)

I hope so! And yes, nice ride MC!

What I like about Hennessy is he tests and tests what he makes. Probably addressed the overheating issues from the factory too especially adding that much power

when essentially doubling the power then yeah I'd say fixing the cooling issue is a given. Man what I would do to have one of these things! Such a beast!

Sounds crazy nuts too! I recently had all the mufflers removed from my HSV Clubsport (LS1 5.7L) and it now has a thunderous roar! Still doesn't go any better though so its the best im gonna get to having a Corvette of my own sadly..

Edited by spanner76

when essentially doubling the power then yeah I'd say fixing the cooling issue is a given. Man what I would do to have one of these things! Such a beast!

Sounds crazy nuts too! I recently had all the mufflers removed from my HSV Clubsport (LS1 5.7L) and it now has a thunderous roar! Still doesn't go any better though so its the best im gonna get to having a Corvette of my own sadly..

The LS architecture isn't limited by its stock exhaust system, it's limited by its pathetic intake system, underwhelming cam profiles, and mediocre fuel injection system. Lots of noise, not a lot of go. Not stock. The LS1 is the worst of the aluminum bunch. (Not quite as bad as the iron LM7 though. Man, what a piece of junk that block is) If I recommended one thing to you, it would be to replace the stock camshaft with something a bit more aggressive, and have a new tune flashed onto it. At the very least the GM OBD2 ECUs are pretty good about taking tune. Or, if you have some cash to spend, find an LS2 from a wrecked Monaro. The extra .3l makes a healthy difference, as do the changes to the head and cam. Best part: it's very nearly a bolt-in proposition.

Or, if you're like me: worst part: It's very nearly a bolt-in proposition. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the power levels a GM small block can generate, but it's all too easy. I live in Texas, home of the thundering V8. Driving the Subie to a bar yesterday, I was passed by no fewer than 5 lifted Chevies with straight pipes emanating a lot more noise than power. (LM7!) Everything you can do to this engine architecture has been done a million times here, so I find it positively boring. Any time you can ask two people what they've done to their engine and get the same answer, you're working with something I can't care about. Small block Chevy, SR20, RB, 2JZ, it's all the same boring nonsense on repeat. I've got this little puppy in my garage right now:

yBnYOKV.jpg

t8YbJeK.jpg

Won't make nearly the kind of power any of these LSxs are brewing, but it sure does look pretty, and it'll make enough.

more junk! quite literally..

After having tracked my Lotus, I had a few close calls that will kept me from tracking my 911 and I won't track my Alfa. Unless you buy throwaway cars, its not worth the risks. Track days now consist of this kind of thing:

http://www.andrettiracing.com/worldchamp-driving-experience/

many tracks do something like this. Way more fun driving someone else's car hard.