They don't make them like they used to.

sheesh! that Grand National would have been mind blowing in the day! pretty quick machine on the right day!

That last shape RX-7 just seems timeless! And no matter how many years roll on by they always appears modern and fresh! Absolutely love them!

That 460hp 300ZX is impressive! Can't say I ever liked them as much as the Mazda but they are still a nice bit of kit! Shame we never got the turbo models in Australia as the non turbo models were a bit of a heavy & slow nugget..

Edited by spanner76

I've played the AWD game, more than I've done pure RWD, but even if it is technically faster, it's not as fun.

Decided I wouldn't take the cop magnet out tonight though. Last Saturday of the month, cops trying to meet quotas, and my wangan loop has massive construction. Also the tires are even more dry-rotted now than before, and the distributor keeps retarding because of the missing second hold-down screw. Also no insurance and the car is 3 years out of inspection and a year and a half out of reg.

Mazda have said time and again recently that they were abandoning rotary engine development due to fuel economy problems, but the rumors that have been floating around say they've continued development of the 16X architecture since 2011 when it was last publicly shown.

Based on the teaser, there's no way this car is based on the ND platform. It's too big. This is Mazda we're talking about, mind. When they say "sports car" they mean a car with rear wheel drive, a front mounted engine, and a focus on the driving experience. And they're not particularly known for vaporware concept cars. The Shinari concept lent most of its design aspects to the Mazda6. The practical ones, anyway. A concept is a concept after all. Then again there was the Hazumi concept, which is basically a Mazda2, full stop.

But Mazda has never made a non-rotary sports car that wasn't a Miata. By the time the Cosmo got its first set of pistons, it wasn't a sports car anymore. (And even then, they had available rotaries) This might happen. I mean, yeah they have the deal with Toyota, but I can't imagine Mazda building a badge platform for Toyota. Subaru got shafted when they did it, and Mazda isn't keen to make other carmakers' mistakes.

Soon? 2014 was the last model year for the Lancer Evolution. You can't buy them anymore.

2015 Evo X is the last year. They are still for sale at a local Mitsu dealership for $35K-$42K. But that money might be better spent for a Subie STI, Focus RS, or something used with lots of mod money to spare.

The Ariel Atom 3S is the latest iteration of the company's lightweight performance car. It is powered by a turbocharged Honda 2.4 liter inline-4 that generates 365 bhp and 310 lb-ft torque. And with a curb weight of only 1,350 lbs., acceleration from 0-60 takes only 2.8 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 10.7 seconds. The Atom 3S retails for US$89,750.

2015-Ariel-Atom-3S-Static-1-1920x1200.jp

2015-Ariel-Atom-3S-Static-2-1920x1200.jp

2015-Ariel-Atom-3S-Interior-2-1920x1200.

2015-Ariel-Atom-3S-Interior-3-1920x1200.

2015-Ariel-Atom-3S-Details-2-1920x1200.j

2015 Ariel Atom 3S

LOL! WTF!? :o the guy must have been on drugs or has mental issues!? Or it must be the computer games influence.. that's it may as well ban GTA and most others games then! :rolleyes:

This is the excuse lazy parents use for everything. Ban this, ban that... Educate your children, don't let movies, video games, or others do it for you.

Don't let your kid play or watch adult themed entertainment if you can't properly explain to them these are purely for entertainment purposes.

This is not directed at you Spanner. Just in general...

BTW, this guy MUST be on drugs, or he must have mental issues.

Edited by vlenhoff