The Miata's are the top selling sports car. Go figure.

Yeah, the 280Z's with a body kit are very nice.

Very Nice video A1. I want to take the GT for a test drive. All of the review's I've seen on YouTube have stated that the car is quieter inside the cabin. Hopefully they will fix they understeer and wheel hop with next years version. I'd like to get my hands on a black or blue GT.

I'll have to disagree with you there, as I like how the 280ZX looked. It's the first generation 300ZX that I'm not too fond of as far as its looks go. But, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The late-model Z31 was fine, but I just can't get over how the S130 is a fattened-up S30 with MASSIVE CARTER BUMPERS for the late 1970s. It's no wonder its run only lasted 5 years.

I always wanted the very last year model of the 300zx twin turbo in dark green. 1996 wasn't it?

The last year model USDM Z32 was 1996, though Japanese production continued through 1999, until Nissan's bankruptcy went through, and the Renault buyout occurred, at which point the company shut down production. Despite being the best-selling sports car of all time, the Z32 was just costing Nissan too much money, as Japan was in the midst of economic crisis that persists to this day. The Yen in the 1990s was too strong in relation to the dollar, making the car far too expensive to export. And yet, because of how strong the American economy was at the time, sales were actually pretty strong. In America. Not so in other markets, and sales would have dropped off after 1996 anyway, due to the OBD2 system and its emissions requirements adding cost to an already expensive car.

Actually, you're in the right place for that model of car, Derex. Fort Worth seems to have all the dark green Z32 TTs.

I recall a little joke about rotary's on another forum that went essentially like "you get the torque of an inline 4, the power of V6 and the fuel economy of a V8." :p

I've always liked the RX-7 in terms of looks, particularly the 3rd gen FD which sadly was cut short here in the states thanks to Ford. It was one of the best looking cars to come out of Japan imo along with the NSX.

Surprised I hadn't heard of this site before: http://acewhips.net/

So hideous you have to keep scrolling down...

(it's always worse when you see a car you did/do own---you wonder why someone would do that, as you know extra-well how it should look)

Speaking as a self confessed petrol head: that entire webpage is just offensive to the sensibilities.

I'll have to disagree with you there, as I like how the 280ZX looked. It's the first generation 300ZX that I'm not too fond of as far as its looks go. But, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd have to agree with you. I too liked the 280ZX and don't like the first gen 300ZX. I particularly like the JDM cars with fender mounted rear view mirrors. I don't know how effective they are, but they're cool looking in my eyes.

I recall a little joke about rotary's on another forum that went essentially like "you get the torque of an inline 4, the power of V6 and the fuel economy of a V8." :p

I've always liked the RX-7 in terms of looks, particularly the 3rd gen FD which sadly was cut short here in the states thanks to Ford. It was one of the best looking cars to come out of Japan imo along with the NSX.

People who disparage rotary engines have never owned a rotary engine. I need to do it again.

I'd have to agree with you. I too liked the 280ZX and don't like the first gen 300ZX. I particularly like the JDM cars with fender mounted rear view mirrors. I don't know how effective they are, but they're cool looking in my eyes.

Gotta admit, that is pretty cool lookin'

8068943037_e73ea921db_b.jpg

There is something to be said of the sound of a rotary as it sails beyond 7k rpm. I recall using the redline buzzer as a guide to shift soon. My gsl-se was ported a bit, and could chirp the tires right into 3rd. It also got a whopping 20mpg... only on the highway. Good times :)

The third gen rx7 seemed to not be the same (cheap and fun), but good lord did it look nice and perform well. Some day, I'd LOVE to own a Pettit Banzai... 3 rotors, insane horsepower, lightweight... Drooooool

The Starion looks super cool, but it was never much of a performer. With a 2.6l TBI 4-cylinder, even the turbo versions couldn't crack 200hp, and they had all the fit and finish of a Mitsubishi from the 1980s. I almost bought one, but I'm glad I didn't.

However, that didn't stop me from building one up as much as I could in Forza Motorsport 4. I call it, The Golden Cock:

bR6jPDA.jpg

Speaking of older under-appreciated cars, I was always impressed with the Subaru SVX. I never read much about them from a technical standpoint, but I woulda had one if I had the means way back when.

As for me, I recently had a baby and so I picked up a 2006 Magnum SRT8...you know, for the room.

post-659-0-45043600-1416014772_thumb.jpg

Passing power on the highway is incredible, but stoplight to stoplight it isn't that special. Still, nice to have a baby-mover musclecar.

Speaking of passing power, the cool air recently has been AMAZING for my Jeep. The thing is a rocket when it's not sucking in billion-degree air and driving a stuck-on clutch fan.

In underappreciated car news, the SVX was let down by its styling, price, and the fact that Subaru could not figure out a durable enough manual transmission, so they had to be automatic-only, which never works for sports cars. You can totally pick one up today for like 3 grand or less, and they're made primarily from Subaru parts, which means the availability isn't all that bad. Subaru really likes modular similarity.

Taught a friend how to drive stick today- he's buying an old Accord with 3 pedals, and needs the knowledge. However, even more faults in my Nissan have been revealed. The power steering leak has become profuse, and there's now a coolant leak from somewhere. And the engine is running worse than ever. What the hell, Nissan? I need some cashflow so I can fix this junker.

EDIT:

Speaking of 280ZXs, a local Kia dealership got its hands on a 1983:

GasLHl0.jpg

sCzQrz8.jpg

1zA6p7b.jpg

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Speaking of older under-appreciated cars, I was always impressed with the Subaru SVX. I never read much about them from a technical standpoint, but I woulda had one if I had the means way back when.

The SVX is my number one favorite Japanese car from yesteryear. Not because of its performance, but because of its looks. I'd love to own one, but it just isn't practical to do so.

The SVX is my number one favorite Japanese car from yesteryear. Not because of its performance, but because of its looks. I'd love to own one, but it just isn't practical to do so.

And why isn't it? Space? Money? There are 3 SVXs within 30 miles of me, that are in good running order, and under $5,000 and 150,000 miles, just on local craigslist. And they're still a car that can be a practical daily driver, even if their marketing sucked.

If you love a car, and it's not NSX money to buy it, why not? If I could get it up for the SVX, I'd be all over those. As it is, I'm waiting for an XR4Ti or an FC Turbo to pop up at the right time.

That paint job distracts from just how ugly that car is.

Gotta agree with that. It helps hide the actual shape of the car.

Manufacturers, take note---THIS is how to paint a car, if you want to confuse spy-shots etc. Black and white checkerboard-patterns don't work...

The new stang is ok, I don't get why you would buy a 4 cylinder eco turbo on a 3,500 lb car. Just get the v6 if you are looking for decent fuel economy but still want to have some fun.

Here are some decent reviews if you are interested.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/road-test.html

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-ford-mustang-first-drive-car-review-top-gear-2014-09-17

Edited by dizman

The new stang is ok, I don't get why you would buy a 4 cylinder eco turbo on a 3,500 lb car. Just get the v6 if you are looking for decent fuel economy but still want to have some fun.

because the turbo4 has more horsepower, more torque, and still gets better fuel economy. Plus it's a turbo; I've always wanted a turbo.

The turbo makes more power, a lot more torque, does it along a flatter curve, and it gets better fuel economy to boot. Not to mention you can't get any options on the V6 model. That's basically the rental car model.

The ecoboost also weighs slightly less and has better weight balance than the V6, which slings more weight over the front axle. They're also not that expensive. The Ecoboost starts out $300 cheaper than the base model FR-S. I'd rock one.

Speaking of Mustangs, the GT350 was unveiled recently. Those crazy bastards made the Voodoo a production reality!