Nice. Subtle, yet aggressive. Like the chin spoiler.

hrdp-1304-10%2Btop-10-trendsetters-of-se

Man, I could stare at one of these all day. Just something about Astons and their unabashed cool-ness. Sex on wheels

White_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_in_France.jp

Although; I think I prefer the DBS to the new Vanquish, subtle as their differences may be.

Absolutely! I love that car. If I ever have room for a toy/spare car, that is a candidate.

I don't care if they are the red-headed stepchild of the (original) super car community; I like 'em.

Edited by reddsun1

Any pics from other angles for that Saleen? Initial response, from seeing the front end only: [looks like something from] Chrysler

Before I read the caption and at very first blush I thought it was a Camaro.

-b.

I said goodbye to my Cavalier, that had been good to me since college, the other day and picked this up as my new daily. After further inspection, I found it needs a new air filter. This was on my to-do list anyway but I was wondering if a K&N drop-in filter is worth that added cost over an OEM filter?

DSCN2985.jpg

Edited by Shadow

Personally, I don't think it would be worth it as the gains will be miniscule, if any at all. If it had a big ol' v8, then different story! Unless that is a turbo, any significant gains will cost an arm and a leg. Stay stock for the most part, and put the nicest tires you can afford on it. Tires are THE biggest cost effective gain you can get.

Edited by rotorhead

I said goodbye to my Cavalier, that had been good to me since college, the other day and picked this up as my new daily. After further inspection, I found it needs a new air filter. This was on my to-do list anyway but I was wondering if a K&N drop-in filter is worth that added cost over an OEM filter?

yeah don't even bother. turbo cars for sure.

Nope! No k&n for turbo cars! The oil vapor from the filter tends to foul the MAF sensor causing all kinds of issues. Plus, at least on my turbo wrx, dynos show a HP loss from going to k&n filters vs good old paper ones. Oh, and they do NOT clean the air as well as a paper filter. Purolator is all I use.

I used a K&N open element on my eclipse. It may have been the open element that made the difference. You just can't soak the thing. I did occasionally clean my MAF though. I prob wouldn't bother with a drop in. I have one in my Camaro too but I could do without it. I bought it with it.

Since I decided to stay on a budget for now, I went with the OEM air filter. Thanks for the input and it's the 2.3L NA engine. As for tires, I'll get to those eventually since this 3 came with a set of generic all-seasons. Was looking at Hankook Ventus for down the road when I have the funds.

hk_ventuss1_noble2_ci2_l.jpg

If you can do it, tirerack.com is currently closing out the hankook ventus v12 (summer tires). It wasn't my first choice at all, but for half price, VERY worth it. I don't think their stock will hold out for long, so time is of the essence. My 205/55 16 came out to $290 shipped for all four. I can't even find generic tires for that price!

Edited by rotorhead

DSCN2985.jpg

I have the Mazdaspeed3 with the turbo 2.3L MZR engine and my car is completely stock. But I did change the tires from Bridgestone RE050 to Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. That made a noticeable gain in accelerating, stopping and cornering traction. This is my first Mazda and it currently has 55,000 miles with no issues. One of my buddies has a Speed3 as well and has over 250,000 miles on his. So, I would say these cars should hold together ok.

post-7534-0-26724900-1405236246_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I'm making my first official stock car racing appearance next Saturday. Yeah its the lowest possible division, but its something. :)

Wow congrats, gotta start somewhere! Let us know how ya do!

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I'm making my first official stock car racing appearance next Saturday. Yeah its the lowest possible division, but its something. :)

Awesome man!

Dude. Why are these guys not in the booth with DW? I might actually want to watch a NASCAR race then... :p

So the Japanese commentators words for the "big one" nascar wreck is GOJIRA CRASSSSSSSHHHHHAAAAAA?

Those Japanese broadcasters know how to do it!

It's just too bad that's not the actual commentary.