STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

• 3 weeks later...

That poor, poor excuse for a missile launcher..:lol: I remember when the spring loaded missiles on toys would hit the ceiling if you launched them straight up. These days, you're lucky if they fully leave the launcher: :p

I think I've still got the gun-grip thing that came with some of those Action Fleet ships, think it was for Vader's TIE Fighter. I remember laughing pretty hard when I discovered that one of the weapon sounds it made was the classic TNG photon torpedo sound. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, I only saw Revan and Malak ONCE at Kohl's (of all places). And that was back when I was a much more serious, multiple store hitting toy hunter.

But Bastila? Never once saw her out in the wild, not even any remanents of her wave. I even tried to hit up a few stores right as they opened up, and came up with nothing. Had to finally resort to using eBay to get her.

At this point, Hasbro's distribution has become an absolute joke.

I saw Malak several times. But Revan and Bastila? They may as well be convention exclusives. (and how anyone approved Malak's headsculpt is beyond me--the jaw is worse than Trap-Jaw from He-Man---it's 3x larger than it should be, and should NOT be a separate piece--makes the character look ridiculous)

Yeah, I only saw Revan and Malak ONCE at Kohl's (of all places). And that was back when I was a much more serious, multiple store hitting toy hunter. But Bastila? Never once saw her out in the wild, not even any remanents of her wave. I even tried to hit up a few stores right as they opened up, and came up with nothing. Had to finally resort to using eBay to get her. At this point, Hasbro's distribution has become an absolute joke.

It's not just with Star Wars distribution. New waves of Marvel Universe and Transformers are ridiculously hard to find as well. Mattel even led the way by their ridiculous distribution of DC Universe. This season, 80% of my purchases were made online since retail stores never actually have new product. Saved me a ton of gas but it's definitely not as gratifying as finding it on the shelf.

I saw Malak several times. But Revan and Bastila? They may as well be convention exclusives. (and how anyone approved Malak's headsculpt is beyond me--the jaw is worse than Trap-Jaw from He-Man---it's 3x larger than it should be, and should NOT be a separate piece--makes the character look ridiculous)

Don't get me started: I have a massive list of corrections/improvements that should be done to make a better Malak, starting with that shriveled up, wrinkly head of his.

However, there's also a ton of improvement that could and should have been done for Revan too.

It's not just with Star Wars distribution. New waves of Marvel Universe and Transformers are ridiculously hard to find as well. Mattel even led the way by their ridiculous distribution of DC Universe. This season, 80% of my purchases were made online since retail stores never actually have new product. Saved me a ton of gas but it's definitely not as gratifying as finding it on the shelf.

You should also add non-movie-related GI Joes to that list too. After the movie line ended, they were releasing some pretty interesting, ridiculously loaded (with accessories) figures in the Joe line.

But good luck trying to find any of them (unless its the Sandtrooper of this line: the Artic Destro figure).

But yeah, I completely agree with you: Hasbro's distribution across most of its collector-heavy toylines has been pretty atrocious these past few years.

• 1 month later...

Haven't bought a Hasbro Star Wars toy in years, probably 10 or more, but I could be interested in this new line provided they live up to the "best figures ever produced by Hasbro for Star Wars" billing.

Thanks for posting Black Valkyrie.

-b.

I'm interested in the Medicom Utapau Airborne Trooper fig. For some reason, I just like the helmet's bulky design.

Still on the fence on this one as it's a pretty pricy item, and I'm by no means a Star Wars fan. I just happen to like this particular fig's armor design.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

^^Puny Stormtroopers!

Of the new figures coming out, I'll only want to pick up the new Padme and Mara Jade figures.

The sucky thing though is that I have a feeling that the face paint apps are gonna vary pretty wildly from figure to figure.

Meaning I'm gonna have to hope and pray that these things show up in enough numbers at the brick-and-mortar stores.

• 2 weeks later...

Was checking out the 6inch figs and they look freakin awesome. So tempted to get at least darth maul, but I know if I start, I'll end up buying them all.

Yeah, I caved and picked up luke and R2D2 at target today. Had I gone there yesterday like I planned, I likely would've been able to get the whole wave. They are pretty awesome figs. I hadn't bought a SW toy in over a decade.