STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Wow, it looks like they may have actually gotten the markings right on the B-Wing.  (WAY too many places put them very symmetrically/doubled, leading to orange circles all over the place)     Will need pics from other angles to be sure though.   

On 3/31/2024 at 6:19 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Wow, it looks like they may have actually gotten the markings right on the B-Wing.  (WAY too many places put them very symmetrically/doubled, leading to orange circles all over the place)     Will need pics from other angles to be sure though.   

Decided to grab a couple from Amazon, will probably do a breakdown/comparison to the Bandai kits when I get them, as well as to the old Action Fleet version.

Also grabbed a pair of the Y-Wings, but I've got no interest in what they did with the X-Wing (ugly/sloppy molding and bad paint) and the A-Wing (just seriously wtf?).

Guess I'm glad I at least got a pair of good Tie fighters out of the deal to match with a Vader version if I ever get one, but the X-Wings are pretty bad by comparison.  My initial instincts about the mold were unfortunately on the nose.

Pretty sad, the quality of the Y-Wings I grabbed got my hopes up, but these things are just weirdly sloppy and mis-molded messes.  I guess that's what you should expect as the first product in a line, but still disappointing.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's really difficult for me to put into words how much I hate the entire concept behind rare/chase variants in toys of this level of production.

I would not call the production quality on these worthy of collecting. <_<  They make decent knick-knacks, but the quality is just not there for the most part, especially at the prices they're generally starting at.

Though, I think my opinion got pretty soured by that X-Wing two-pack.. it has some of the most bizarre production flaws of any X-Wing of any type I have ever seen, from any manufacturer.  I'm just calling the droid R-deux D-deux, because his upper paint is so lopsided it looks like a beret. :lol: