STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wow... I would buy a second, if they would fix the borked up stupid spring-loaded wings.  No one wants their collectibles exploding. <_< 

It would be perhaps cheaper to have a solid Tie fighter without those silly easily breaking spring loaded wings. With that said, if i had the money right now,it'd buy a few and glue them all up.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, Hikuro said:

Is there really even a “solid” way to fix that? Mines still in pieces so I can’t hang it up with the rest of my goodies on the ceiling.

Really, it would take ripping apart the main hull, and removing the spring.  After that you could probably replace the "launcher" portion of the wing strut with a long plastic or wooden shaft that extended deeper into the hull, and just secure it with a screw or something.  As irritating as the springs are, having the wings remain removable is still a huge benefit for storage and transport.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Really, it would take ripping apart the main hull, and removing the spring.

I just reached in and twisted out my springs with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.  No need to be any more invasive than that.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

I just reached in and twisted out my springs with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.  No need to be any more invasive than that.

Oh, good to know, I was thinking they would be more embedded in the mechanism.  I'll have to do that for my interceptor too this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

$4 flat-rate shipping....wonder if it is cheaper anywhere else?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/117215

BBTS also charges tax.  

Dorkside is free shipping on all orders $99 and more which is easy when other stuff is ordered together.  No tax.

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

BBTS also charges tax.  

Dorkside is free shipping on all orders $99 and more which is easy when other stuff is ordered together.  No tax.

I think tax is charged from an out of state web seller if the customer resides in a state that demands a tax be paid....retailer has no say unless they want to engage in illegal business practices....;)

If BBTS is charging you tax and Dorkside isn't...then BBTS may want to hear about it as that would be unfair competition/illegal