STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Just a heads up guys, Gamestop already has those new Black series figures and even the shiny carbonized ones.  The Mandelorian is probably already gone by now though.  The extra sheen on the second sister actually looked pretty good.

13 hours ago, tekering said:

Really?  I think the new figure nails him.  :p

1576973872_nailedim.jpg.399bfe2e34feb4c55d6cee1c4cbd756a.jpg

What do you tell a Luke Skywalker with two black eyes?

. . . . . . . . .

NOTHING!!  YOU ALREADY TOLD HIM TWICE:vava: :aggressive::vava:

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

Wonder if HasLab would be crazy enough to do a full-on, in-scale Red Two X-Wing, complete with moving wings, integrated landing gear, and other cool features?

Fun as it would be to have one in that scale, I'd much rather they just stick to the original pseudo-studio scale mold, and refine it so the wing mechanism doesn't suck. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

7 hours ago, Mog said:

Or they could go back to the old 3 3/4" scale and milk the existing molds they already have (that added in the targeting computer). ;)

While that is a cool toy, I have two but not enough wings for them, It is still not truly in scale.  The Hero Edition one from TRU was actually 1:18 scale, but it didn't have a cockpit or opening wings.

:mellow::huh:

So, this is Luke as portrayed by Not-Mark Hamill, right?

I guess the rule of thumb is:  Stick with A New Hope versions of Luke, and avoid almost all other versions from the other movies.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, Sildani said:

Gotta get Wedge. Hopefully they make Biggs, Jek Perkins, and Garvin Dreis too. 

I'd love Wedge, but the sculpt is terrible.  Someone on Twitter said it looks more like a BSG Apollo (Richard Hatch) and I gotta agree.

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Wedge-Anti

Some of Hasbro’s product images are different and are more dark around the eyes compared to the actual figure.  I think the various Lukes that are coming out will look much better in person.  Here’s a comparison of Emperor Palpatine.

9A1AD7C1-DE10-41CB-B5E6-F0679C0DA003.jpeg.980f7c34650ed831e44dfe12647ddbfb.jpeg

A2B02FFC-87B4-4151-B790-58072F039B4A.thumb.jpeg.835cb7ceea7174c13659f6ede695217b.jpeg

4E804455-E247-46DB-819F-4EE186902C3A.thumb.jpeg.2b811409206d89ad930cc73cd25cdf1c.jpeg

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I'd love Wedge, but the sculpt is terrible.  Someone on Twitter said it looks more like a BSG Apollo (Richard Hatch) and I gotta agree.

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Wedge-Anti

Lol! That really does look like TOS Apollo!

Chris

21 hours ago, Mog said:

Or they could go back to the old 3 3/4" scale and milk the existing molds they already have (that added in the targeting computer). ;)

That's kind of the one I meant, but the mechanisms in that particular X-Wing mold seemed to get sloppier and lousier with every new issue.  Seriously needs a revamp using wings that aren't sloppy vinyl, an s-foil mechanism that isn't so limp that the top wings are level, properly scaled engine exhausts, and a nose that doesn't look like Luke spent an hour trying to ram through a closed hangar bay door. <_< 

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Some of Hasbro’s product images are different and are more dark around the eyes compared to the actual figure.  I think the various Lukes that are coming out will look much better in person. 

A few observations:

1)  I actually looked at all the production versions of the 6-inch Black Series Lukes (over on the Rebelscum Photo Archives).  And it seems like only the A New Hope versions of Luke look the most Mark Hamill-ish.  All the other ones (for Empire and ROTJ) just look a bit "off."

2)  I'd be curious to see how these new Luke headsculpts look without the paint apps.  Hasbro has a reputation of coming up with some beautiful looking headsculpts that are marred by absolutely horrid and/or sloppy paint app choices (A few GI Joe figures and Star Wars figures come to mind).

3)  It's frustrating to still see these issues, when one of the big selling points for Hasbro going to a 6-inch scale was that the larger scale would help them come up with more accurate headsculpts and likenesses.

12 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

wait what the difference with the carbonized ones?   and why are there like 3 different boxes for the mandalorian...cool costume btw.

The carbonized has this metallic print to it.  It looks fantastic.  The regular Mandalorian figure looks like cheap plastic after seeing the metallic sheen on the carbonized one.  I was sold when I saw the Carbonized Second Sister next to a regular one at Gamestop earlier this week.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The carbonized has this metallic print to it.  It looks fantastic.  The regular Mandalorian figure looks like cheap plastic after seeing the metallic sheen on the carbonized one.  I was sold when I saw the Carbonized Second Sister next to a regular one at Gamestop earlier this week.

thanks for the explanation...and now its out of stock at target online...oh well.  hope it comes back in stock at some point (its a target exclusive right?)

I scored Luke’s helmet and boy was I disappointed. There was some obvious QC misses from the assembly line that I gotta fix and it’s rather small along with lacking a retractable visor. At least it’s not uncomfortably small like the poe helmet.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Ugh, don't do this to me. I am trying to be very selective with my star wars collection.... Only canon characters from the OT for me at this time.... but... but... but....it's a Mandalorian. I'll put this one on the back burner, a week or so, see how i feel about it.

What do we think about Poe's new Xwing?

The other one, the ANH xwing looks like it has that floppy wing syndrome. 

Edited by vlenhoff
Oops, nvm. Sold out at Target.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

Ugh, don't do this to me. I am trying to be very selective with my star wars collection.... Only canon characters from the OT for me at this time.... but... but... but....it's a Mandalorian. I'll put this one on the back burner, a week or so, see how i feel about it.

What do we think about Poe's new Xwing?

The other one, the ANH xwing looks like it has that floppy wing syndrome. 

If you decide that you want one, I ordered an extra so just let me know.

Picked up the Carbonized Second Sister at GameStop and, wow, what a great finish it has. Definitely a couple cuts above the standard finish. Recommended. 

16 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Holy F, that X-wing is $100MSRP, WTF?

https://intl.target.com/p/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-poe-dameron-8217-s-x-wing-fighter-toy-vehicle/-/A-76152934

No kidding.  It better not be anything like this POS:

81HmI2awTdL._SL1500_.jpg

Mind you the price of this one has gotten stupid.  Bought one for my kid for about $30 on sale, now asking prices are about $130.

Edited by peter

OK, checked it out a bit.  This one does appear to be a better sculpt with more gimmicks:

GUEST_c0322eee-4aad-4544-9982-5acfd1290c

GUEST_ea3ad908-5698-436a-acc2-dde1e3d7fd

GUEST_bd8d36c4-463b-4014-a507-55fdd9d3bf

GUEST_445a0beb-7a79-4da8-8990-a602bcf744

Still not sure it's worth $100 USD. but it does look pretty crisp.

Looks like it's probably better than the Legacy collection....at least it doesn't look like it will have saggy wings like the Legacy ones:

legacy-collection-lc-rouge-wedge-antille