STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Coming in July 2016: Bandai 1/72 TIE Interceptor, 12.2cm long. Comes with pilot, clear and opaque cockpits, laser effect.

WHAT???? Shizuoka isn't for a few days....they let out info early?

Chris

As much as I'm really wanting a classic Star Destroyer in a reasonable size, IMO around 12", I am really wanting something of the new Star Destroyer Finalizer. I really like the design. Come on Bandai, give us some capital ships that are not tiny!

Chris

As much as I'm really wanting a classic Star Destroyer in a reasonable size, IMO around 12", I am really wanting something of the new Star Destroyer Finalizer. I really like the design. Come on Bandai, give us some capital ships that are not tiny!

Chris

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Great! Both the TIE interceptor and Awing look fab!

Have always loved the more aggressive look of the TIE interceptor. 😁

For OT, that just leaves the Bwing and the TIE bomber.

Not terribly excited with the mecha colle stuff, but will still pick up a star destroyer, hope it's a teaser for a larger one down the road

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Man I hope the SD happens but the caption says "under approval" what does that mean? Should it say "under review for approval" or something? On some other forums I frequent people have said that this SD is not the one that has made the rounds last year at hobby shows and that this one is a little smaller, which is good to me ;)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hey has anyone gotten their 1/72 A-wing model kit yet?

1. I see some kits advertised online with the turbo laser and some adverts without the turbo laser wording (doesnt show in their sample pic either).

Am wondering if the turbo laser is included as standard or not.

2. How come i cant find em on the usual ami/HLJ/HS sites?

Hey has anyone gotten their 1/72 A-wing model kit yet?

1. I see some kits advertised online with the turbo laser and some adverts without the turbo laser wording (doesnt show in their sample pic either).

Am wondering if the turbo laser is included as standard or not.

2. How come i cant find em on the usual ami/HLJ/HS sites?

To answer number 2, it's because of licensing restrictions. Not sure exactly which company (main suspects are Disney and Revell) is causing the screws to be tightened down.

I have had good luck finding the kits on Amazon, of all places, and at reasonable prices. Once the hype dies down a bit.

Funny i tot they were on the usual online retailer stores..I know my local online stores stock bandai star wars, but no a-wing so far.

Thanks, yeah i found some even on amazon jp too. Though i havent really ordered via amazon jp b4. (I have loads of items in my cart tho lol)

I just dont want to get an A-wing kit without the turbo laser add-on..

Not sure if these were mentioned b4 but incoming kits....

via tag hobby...

1/12 bb-8

post-15116-0-09631600-1465475985_thumb.jpg

1/72 fan-fav..with whats seems to be the death star plate?

post-15116-0-32177900-1465476038_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-45296200-1465476083_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-57017200-1465476119_thumb.jpg

1/12 battle droid and vehicle...

post-15116-0-45992900-1465476144_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-68386900-1465476258_thumb.jpg

1/72 poe xwing

post-15116-0-20773600-1465476163_thumb.jpg

and...

1/12 clone troopers...

post-15116-0-71074300-1465476202_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

1/12bb8is already out in a two pack with r2. The other stuff has been announced but those are new pics.

The card actually say 1/2 scale, so it should roll in at about 1' tall.

I wish the battle droids came in a 2 pack, rather than with the STAP. The STAP is cool, but I'm not thrilled about paying 4500Y for a single battle droid.

Multiple clones will be arriving at my house...

Edited by Kelsain

..."it should roll in at about 1 foot"..I see what you did there! :lol::lol::lol:

Ohhh....I wonder how much that 1/2 BB-8 will set us back??? The 1/12 is one of the best kits I've built..so cool. I'm all in for one battledroid on a flying thing, probably pass on the clone troopers, and man ohh man am I glad I already spent 8 months of my life and got my 1:72 Falcon out of the way! Although I would do it again..it's such a great kit and fun build. B)). One has to wonder if it is gonna be as insane as the Finemolds kit was, or has Bandai redesigned it from the ground up???

Edited by derex3592

I'm personally more interested in the Bandai Falcon than I would be in a Fine Molds one, just for ease of assembly (and probably crisper molding). I doubt that base is included though, since it's big enough for several models, and probably just for display.

On the other hand, the individual tiles already exist in the other kits, so it would be easy to put a bunch of them together. Maybe at some point they'll release a bundle pack of assorted base plates to build larger displays for yourself.

As nice as those plates are, they're not really big enough individually to mount multiple models together without them running into each other. They really need extra plates to act as spacers.

I'm not jumping for joy just yet....Bandai has previously showed a 1/2 scale R2, the big Star Destroyer, a 1/12 Vader TIE X-1, and a motorized AT-AT. NONE of which have come to be as of yet. Time will tell I guess.

That being said, I do like that the Falcon is the ANH version without the extra landing gear housings.

Chris

That being said, I do like that the Falcon is the ANH version without the extra landing gear housings.

Chris

Smart move on Bandai's behalf, since I'm sure that they will offer a version with the extra gear and boxes later, knowing that die-hards will want both versions. It also looks like the sidewalls are Original Trilogy versions. The Captain approves! ^_^

Before you start prepping your wallet, the 1/2 BB-8 and 1/72 Millennium Falcon have 参考出品 on their display cards, which I think means "display only", as in no plans for sale yet. The others list a date they become available to buy.

Seti88 listed it as 1/12 bb8 and after looking at those pics the 1/12 set is next to the 1/2 scale version on the post which was why I got a bit confused. That's the Godzilla of bb8's compared to the other one.

Typo on the 1/12...it shld read 1/2...sumimasen..