Jump to content
VF-18S Hornet

1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

change in thread topic  

160 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

  2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five



Recommended Posts

Who likes Macross? VFMF eye candy..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a Yamato VF0S Phoenix first release ( box has the flip up cover)and keeping my fingers crossed from Amiami.  What's weird is that it was preowned seemed to be sealed but some decals were gone (301 small decals for the rear fins and some of the Skulls).

From what I read is that the shoulders are ticking time bombs?

Anyway, after searching everywhere here need to clarify something:

1. Yamato ver does not have those flaps on the inner part of his chest to fold out the gap?

2. Yamato doesn't have the Reactive armor that Arcadia has

Am I correct on both these issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Just got a Yamato VF0S Phoenix first release ( box has the flip up cover)and keeping my fingers crossed from Amiami.  What's weird is that it was preowned seemed to be sealed but some decals were gone (301 small decals for the rear fins and some of the Skulls).

From what I read is that the shoulders are ticking time bombs?

Anyway, after searching everywhere here need to clarify something:

1. Yamato ver does not have those flaps on the inner part of his chest to fold out the gap?

2. Yamato doesn't have the Reactive armor that Arcadia has

Am I correct on both these issues?

The answer to your questions is no. :sorry:

And yeah, this release and the Yamato YF-19 were notorious for having exploding shoulders/upper arms.

The Arcadia VF-0 uses metal for those parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 6:50 PM, Bolt said:

Who likes Macross? VFMF eye candy..

 

Oh yeah I saw it awhile back. Dude has some amazing valks. I aspire to be as good as him one day. :aggressive:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The answer to your questions is no. :sorry:

And yeah, this release and the Yamato YF-19 were notorious for having exploding shoulders/upper arms.

The Arcadia VF-0 uses metal for those parts.

I guess thanks. Tick tick tick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Godzilla used to be so much larger, what happened?

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Godzilla use to be so much larger, what happened?

That's Godzuki when he was but just a wee pup.:unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sqidd said:

That's Godzuki when he was but just a wee pup.:unknw:

That's what happened.

He seems to be taking an interest in Macross from an early age. :good:

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided it was time to put the FAST packs back on M&M. I've had them naked for a few months now in the cabinets. I still love the Yamato rainbow canopy versions of these. Lovingly panel lined and stickerd up they still look amazing ten or so years on. And it helps I got them for about $120 bucks each on discount back in the day. B))

20200215_161928.jpg

20200215_161923.jpg

20200215_161958.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Had a spare Arcadia PF VF-1S so I touched it up a bit. Since it's my extra I kept a totally clean, brand new appearance for it. B))

49551453907_aa5d66622d_o.jpg

49550724448_864575d28f_o.jpg

49550724388_9140e9fd66_o.jpg

49551222856_2562c471ce_o.jpg

49550724323_0128625271_o.jpg

49551453962_1d59cc204b_o.jpg

Nice!

While you're at it, a black heatshield would be even moar nicer, tho...

:bump:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, treatment said:

Nice!

While you're at it, a black heatshield would be even moar nicer, tho...

:bump:

My god man, where am I supposed to get a black heat shield from? :unknw:

Bandai and Arcadia comparison:

IMG_20200218_003118.thumb.jpg.6f987d7a0481ddfb3d39da7240115f10.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lolicon

Arcadia PF's wheels need a slight wash to bring out some of the details. As always, great work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chyll2 said:

@Lolicon

Arcadia PF's wheels need a slight wash to bring out some of the details. As always, great work.

 

Haha thanks. Yeah I don't spend any time on Arcadia landing gear since they're already white and I have everything displayed "in flight" on Yeti stands. I guess I could go back and just do a quick wash... :unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on making a version 2 chess board with each square being 8".  The finished chess board will be a 5' 4" square and will accommodate the HMR Monsters for Rooks.  I'll probably take a picture of the setup on my living room floor or a parking lot or something.

HMR love!

:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I plan on making a version 2 chess board with each square being 8".  The finished chess board will be a 5' 4" square and will accommodate the HMR Monsters for Rooks.  I'll probably take a picture of the setup on my living room floor or a parking lot or something.

HMR love!

:good:

Right on! Looks awesome :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving that VF-1S Max type. I don't know that I'm in for another DX - maybe a VF-1D if I could survive the ordering process - but a 1S Max would be really hard to resist for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 1:26 AM, Lolicon said:

Who's your favorite skull leader?

49554792648_22f66094e3_o.jpg

Yamato off white was perfect!! the result is more realistic than the Arcadia versions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, Saburo said:

6A8AFA12-82A2-4208-9BE9-F26C33302421.thumb.jpeg.4f162d65660acf3bcf659cf5c63bce86.jpeg

Love these types of shots. Reminds me of a pre sortie screen where you can pick your valk in a Macross game.

 

On 2/22/2020 at 5:17 PM, Lolicon said:

The classics.

49567486678_116e0196e4_k.jpg

Awesome work there Lolicon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 11:36 PM, valkfighter said:

Yamato off white was perfect!! the result is more realistic than the Arcadia versions. 

Guess I'll have to take another pic with just the Yamato versions. ;)

 

On 2/24/2020 at 2:15 AM, wmkjr said:

Awesome work there Lolicon

Thanks!

 

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

7726F4BC-7752-4252-B657-4D15F04DA549.jpeg.629ef34f115ae06bebe4a36d5a979905.jpeg

Nice! I actually liked the old HM VF-19. Still have mine with the sound boosters, which looks as good as its bigger 1/60 brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

7726F4BC-7752-4252-B657-4D15F04DA549.jpeg.629ef34f115ae06bebe4a36d5a979905.jpeg

Congrats.  They all look good together in Fighter mode.  I should try all of them in Gerwalk mode.

A0CE039D-94C5-4896-B42F-63054C4F23E6.thumb.jpeg.4a5620f4591c7dde53763cb991bce2ac.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...