1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

8 hours ago, Saburo said:

Great work as usual on the weathering and the photos!

8 hours ago, Saburo said:

48205107941_43534a5b59_h.jpg

Thanks, but still not anywhere close to yours! :lol:

I'll get around to upgrading from my phone and getting a real camera one of these days.

Here's one taken a little while back using my ancient 10 year old camera, from before I even had a smartphone. :blink:

1827108811_VF-25F06.thumb.jpg.45e2ee5fc2bc380b875d9b81c3a7be81.jpg

Dusted off the old YF-29 Ranka itasha version I built years ago. I know itasha schemes aren't for everyone, but I happen to love them. I still hope that Bandai releases that white Mikumo itasha SV-262 in DX format because actually building Bandai Macross kits is anything but fun. :mellow:

460588183_YF-29Ranka01.thumb.jpg.f91cb30c2cc6948e16a0880cdec069a7.jpg

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Dusted off the old YF-29 Ranka itasha version I built years ago. I know itasha schemes aren't for everyone, but I happen to love them. I still hope that Bandai releases that white Mikumo itasha SV-262 in DX format because actually building Bandai Macross kits is anything but fun. :mellow:

460588183_YF-29Ranka01.thumb.jpg.f91cb30c2cc6948e16a0880cdec069a7.jpg

Nice build, @Lolicon. :wub: :good: That’s the Bandai’s 1/100 scale kit, yes?

I like to have some Itasha DX as long that it’s done right. ^_^ 

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice build, @Lolicon. :wub: :good: That’s the Bandai’s 1/100 scale kit, yes?

I like to have some Itasha DX as long that it’s done right. ^_^ 

Yeah it's the 1/100 kit. Now that you mention it, I should have posted it in the model section since it's technically a model kit, even though I think of it as a toy. :unknw:

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah it's the 1/100 kit. Now that you mention it, I should have posted it in the model section since it's technically a model kit, even though I think of it as a toy. :unknw:

So true. Hehehe. :lol:

Ok, last question so I don’t derail this thread that much. I never built any Macross kits, but are those sticker decals or waterslides? Thanks.

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Very nicely done @Lolicon:good:

Thanks, sir!

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So true. Hehehe. :lol:

Ok, last question so I don’t derail this thread that much. I never built any Macross kits, but are those sticker decals or waterslides? Thanks.

This one only came with stickers, much to my chagrin. If you thought trimming Yamato stickers was bad, well, that ain't got nothing on these massive Bandai stickers. :blink:

Bandai really has something against waterslide decals.

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Sometimes i wish the legs on the DX 1J looked more like the legs on the 1/60 Arcadia-Yamato Valkyries. Is it just me? It almost feels like the Arcadia's legs look smoother, for some reason.

Might be the extra hip-joint thing at the gerwalk joint that makes it not as smooth looking.

I prefer the DX 1/48 legs.  They are big and hefty, with metal feet.  Feels great to hold.  And I like the larger feet; I think the 1/60 yamcadia's feet are a little too thin (but they look a little better in fighter mode).

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

The weathering on these looks great!

Why not do the same technique on the third VF-1J?

Space is at a bit of a premium with so many valks and 1/48s are big boys. :) Really only keeping a second for a future GBP release.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, HardlyNever said:

Might be the extra hip-joint thing at the gerwalk joint that makes it not as smooth looking.

I prefer the DX 1/48 legs.  They are big and hefty, with metal feet.  Feels great to hold.  And I like the larger feet; I think the 1/60 yamcadia's feet are a little too thin (but they look a little better in fighter mode).

I was mostly referring about the lower segment of the legs. From the knee to the ankles. Don't get me wrong I love my DX 1J too. It was just an observation.

20190504_011600.jpg

@Lolicon Amazing weathering there Lolicon!

@sh9000 Nicely done!

Edited by vlenhoff

On 7/13/2019 at 2:19 AM, vlenhoff said:

I was mostly referring about the lower segment of the legs. From the knee to the ankles. Don't get me wrong I love my DX 1J too. It was just an observation.

20190504_011600.jpg

@sh9000 Nicely done!

Thanks.  Nice pic.

4773577E-64AA-486C-B8F4-5312BB1B03A2.thumb.jpeg.902f82c0bf9941731f901df91ca7c296.jpeg

Jolly Rogers.

So roast me if I'm doing a wrong thing by putting a 1/48 Stealth VF-1J with the corresponding SSP (used) on the back patio for a quick photo shoot. 

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

Edited by borgified
Forgot to add two more pics

Wondering if any of you might be able to help me out with a purchase decision.  

I’m setting up three color theme shelves - red, blue and “purple ish” - and I want to add a YF-29 and a VF-31 to them. Possibly a 25 but I’d have to sell one I’ve already got to do that. But I’m not sure which colors will work alongside the two Arcadia ones I already have.

Any chance someone might be able to post a picture of any of these? Doesn’t matter what modes they’re  in, just trying to gauge whether the colors will work together or be too far off.

Arcadia Milia and DX YF 29 (Alto)

Arcadia Max and: DX VF 25g (Michel) or DX YF 29b (Rod) or DX VF 31j (Hayate)

DX YF 29 Alto and DX VF 31c (Mirage)

@jeniusornome - I don't have Alto's 29, however I have his 171EX and Mirage's 31c.

Here's a quick snap of both for your reference though.

Note: Both the 171EX and the 31 are shown on Delta.  

DSC01572.jpg

Edit: I do have the Arcadia Milia and the SV-262 Hs (Keith). Corrected after someone noticing it.

DSC01573.jpg

Edited by borgified

ty @borgified !

I wasn't sure if Alto's 29 or Mirage's 31 would be "red" enough to sit alongside Milia's 1J... they might, but now I'm thinking maybe they would just go onto my purple "ish" shelf instead.

They were the two colors I was leaning towards anyways, though if anyone has additional side-by-sides I'd appreciate the time. :)

!!!

Those all look great together! Epic photo, TYVM @tekering!

The 25G looks like a really close match to Max's blue. I passed one up just recently since I've got a 25A and YF-25 but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have...

Although I also like the contract the blue 29 provides. Hmm.

Edited by jeniusornome