1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

I @%ing hate all of you bastards. Now I have to pick up a whole bunch of valks that I had no intention of doing until I saw how awesome they looked in these pictures, including the 11, 22 and now the 19. I really hate Macross 7, but that 19 looks so badass with the sound boosters. There goes another few hundred dollars. Bah! You guys suck.

be thankful that you actually have that "few hundred dollars" to blow.

for my part, i've had the 1/60 YF-19, VF-11B and 1/60v.II VF-1S on my queue for quite some time now,

but have just recently come to point where i can actually start thinking about obtaining any of them.

i'll be FINALLY picking up a YF-19 this month or next off a fellow MWer.

LONG OVERDUE indeed, as i've wanted one since 2006.

after that, i'll have just the 11B and 1S left to obtain to complete my personal stable of "Valk essentials"

i just pray that those two don't take me another half a decade to track down,

especially now that both are quite OOP AFAIK, and YAMATO seems rather geared up now for MAC. 7 and not much else...

Edited by Shaorin

Why do you want them to come out with a new carrier? I thought the first one reviewed very well.

A New Macross class carrier I mean. Examples being Battle 7 from Macross 7 and Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy from Macross Frontier.

Image Source: Macross Mecha Manual

battlegalaxy-attack.jpg

battle25-carrier.jpg

Edit: I meant Macross Frontier.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

A New Macross class carrier I mean. Examples being Battle 7 from Macross 7 and Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy from Macross Galaxy.

I see what you mean now. Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I would be far more interested in Battle 7 or Battle Galaxy then the Macross Quarter (which I find a stupid/lazy design.) I actually really love how the Northamptons from Mac 7 look even though they aren't of the transforming variety. I'd buy on in scale with the other

add some pics of 11 and 19 kai:

You always manage to sex up that Gerwalk mode.

@macrossjunkie...

it's awesome how our pics pop put of the dark background like that. Can you share some photography tips? thanks!

darkened room, light absorbing dark backdrop, diffused spot light on subject (may need multiple lights to get even coverage), and spot metering to set your exposure.

darkened room, light absorbing dark backdrop, diffused spot light on subject (may need multiple lights to get even coverage), and spot metering to set your exposure.

Yep, that's more or less how I do it. I use a white light tent with a black felt-like backdrop and two desk lamps using 5500k color fluorescent bulbs. The tent diffuses the lighting and bounces it around. The downside of the tent is the inside constantly produces tiny white dust particles which gets on the subject and on the backdrop which is especially a pain to clean up due to the felt like surface of it.

I just shoot at low iso and compensate with longer exposure times as needed. I could benefit from a third lamp and brighter bulbs. I'm still a photography newbie though so I'm probably not an ideal person to get any advice from. Picked up a Nikon D7000 back in June this year and have been playing with it off and on since. I think I've learned a lot just through trial and error though.

Yep, that's more or less how I do it. I use a white light tent with a black felt-like backdrop and two desk lamps using 5500k color fluorescent bulbs. The tent diffuses the lighting and bounces it around. The downside of the tent is the inside constantly produces tiny white dust particles which gets on the subject and on the backdrop which is especially a pain to clean up due to the felt like surface of it.

I just shoot at low iso and compensate with longer exposure times as needed. I could benefit from a third lamp and brighter bulbs. I'm still a photography newbie though so I'm probably not an ideal person to get any advice from. Picked up a Nikon D7000 back in June this year and have been playing with it off and on since. I think I've learned a lot just through trial and error though.

it looks to me like you're off to a good start! You definitely take some of the cleanest yet striking photos on the board! Keep up the impressive work.

it looks to me like you're off to a good start! You definitely take some of the cleanest yet striking photos on the board! Keep up the impressive work.

Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone who I think produces some great photos. Both you and Vegas have put up spectacular looking pics.

I'm looking to expand my selection of lenses eventually, but it's pretty expensive between the now ~$300 macross collectibles and camera lenses.

I need to pick less expensive hobbies...

Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone who I think produces some great photos. Both you and Vegas have put up spectacular looking pics.

I'm looking to expand my selection of lenses eventually, but it's pretty expensive between the now ~$300 macross collectibles and camera lenses.

I need to pick less expensive hobbies...

:lol: I don't think it's going to happen ever!

Yeah, your pics and the job you make on your toys are among the best, thanks for sharing them!

be thankful that you actually have that "few hundred dollars" to blow.

for my part, i've had the 1/60 YF-19, VF-11B and 1/60v.II VF-1S on my queue for quite some time now,

but have just recently come to point where i can actually start thinking about obtaining any of them.

i'll be FINALLY picking up a YF-19 this month or next off a fellow MWer.

LONG OVERDUE indeed, as i've wanted one since 2006.

after that, i'll have just the 11B and 1S left to obtain to complete my personal stable of "Valk essentials"

i just pray that those two don't take me another half a decade to track down,

especially now that both are quite OOP AFAIK, and YAMATO seems rather geared up now for MAC. 7 and not much else...

Yeah, I've done some creative accounting to get what I need, such as selling off entire toy lines. I just sold a ton of toys, both loose and MISB/MOSC this past month, enough where I could fund the purchase of my SDF-1 plus some other non Macross items like a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. Lots of SDCC stuff was sold in order to get me those, but it'll be worth it. HLJ already sent out the package to me so I should get it next week. Going foward, I have to make a decision as to which valks I want. My top wants right now: YF-21, VF-19 and VF-11C. I've got a quarterly bonus coming up, which is earmarked for an extra mortgage payment, Christmas gifts for friends/family and a valk for myself, so I have to decide between the YF-21 + Fold Booster set, or the VF-19. I can't afford both.

At any rate, to stay on topic: I love the TV VF-1 toys. The clean, pure white color is just fantastic.

VF3.jpg

Edited by pud333