1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Nice! @Foblander :good: 

Looking at Hikaru’s 1S above makes me getting excited on anticipating Bandai’s DX takes on it. :wub:

I’m just hoping that they will keep all the white tones the same whether it’s TV or DYRL for collecting consistency since I’m just planning on getting Hikaru’s 1A and 1S. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I have to admit... the KITZ Concept 1/72 VF-1 looks better than I expected it to.

I am very surprised by how very panel lined it is. the LED lighting gimmick is kind of cute. Not a fan of the bright green fighter stand though.

For more info on KitzConcept’s VF-1S release, you can check it here:

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I have to admit... the KITZ Concept 1/72 VF-1 looks better than I expected it to.

I am very surprised by how very panel lined it is. the LED lighting gimmick is kind of cute. Not a fan of the bright green fighter stand though.

Looks ok, like an attempted improvement on a Yamato v1 VF-1 toy.. that stand though argh..

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I do agree with many that say this 1/72 is nice, but the most glaring offense is the area near the intakes. It just seems awkward the way those parts come together.

B8D13591-986C-4517-A4A9-31312061D049.jpeg

It is easily the weakest part of this toy....fortunately, the rest of the tabs that work in conjunction with the intake tabs do hold rather well....in fighter mode.....

The tabs on the intake do not do much for gerwalk...the tab to the side just does not fit.....not sure if it is the tab or the hole that is the problem.....maybe both......the tab on top of the intake is too short or the hole where it plugs into is too shallow for a strong hold.....to make matters worse, the weight of the diecast feet makes the connection come loose easily...no swooshing around in gerwalk with this one....

And yet, I really like this toy....hopefully KC can address this weak spot on future releases

5 hours ago, SuNDuK said:

Luka waiting finishing his armor, and his brother cf-171 happy about new triangles arrive!

Lc05OrjWwWo.jpg

y9Y4IHMDaIA.jpg

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw these pictures were:

Look at those pretty valkyries by the window. Oh no... how long before the exposure to sunlight causes them to yellow?

45 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw these pictures were:

Look at those pretty valkyries by the window. Oh no... how long before the exposure to sunlight causes them to yellow?

Maybe the window faces south? :-)

*Faces north?

Edited by Arkham
Wrong hemisphere

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, tekering said:

Looks great, Ignacio.  What's the base figure?

Wmkjr beat me to it. Yes, it's the T-Rex 1/60 Zentran soldier. 

Mine is Kamujin (commander set), there is another set of the regular Zentran officer (helmet and face plate differ). Mine comes with a gun, the other set comes with a baton.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

23 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

ok lemme see if i can name the non valks correctly....mig 29, a4 skyhawk, intruder f-15, f-14.   i forgo tthe a4d existed before this photo, hadn't thought about it in decades.

AV-8B Harrier not an A-4 Skyhawk. B))

6 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

wow didn't realize a harrier was that small!

Surprisingly the Harrier & Skyhawk are small aircraft... cool but smaller compared to their bigger brothers like the Eagle. B))