1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

• 3 weeks later...

We talking toy itself or design/color-scheme?

If toy, the VF-17D.  Better looking head than the S and comes with FP armor.  Though, yeah, lot of anime magic going on for all modes.

Design and color-scheme?  CF 171.  Love the teal, and it stands out from all the other hero Valks out there.  But yeah, don’t need Toynami Alpha levels of aggravation from the toy.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

We talking toy itself or design/color-scheme?

If toy, the VF-17D.  Better looking head than the S and comes with FP armor.  Though, yeah, lot of anime magic going on for all modes.

Design and color-scheme?  CF 171.  Love the teal, and it stands out from all the other hero Valks out there.  But yeah, don’t need Toynami Alpha levels of aggravation from the toy.

Yeah it's a shame that Bandai botched the CF 171 toy so badly.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah it's a shame that Bandai botched the CF 171 toy so badly.

There's always a chance that Bandai does a re-release of the CF 171 w/armor since they just did Alto's Valk, but this time without exploding legs, knees, hinges & triangles. 

As for me, the VF-171 CF is one of the coolest looking Valkyries out there, the Teal makes that design come alive! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

So, the Bandai folks that designed the 171 and made the material choices on the CF?  Are they the same people that designed Bandai’s YF-21? :ph34r:🫥

Too soon? :lol:

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Which is your favorite Nightmare?

Nightmarecomparison.jpg.45eaa0792698912cd3522878c08eb5f5.jpg

Purely on aesthetics, the CF 171 by far going by the colors and shape of the cockpit. This followed by the 17, and lately I wish Yamato had stuck more closely to the line art for the nosecone shape. The Alto 171 usually doesn't really do anything much for me, but your customization really makes it stand out very well here. :good:

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

There's always a chance that Bandai does a re-release of the CF 171 w/armor since they just did Alto's Valk, but this time without exploding legs, knees, hinges & triangles. 

As for me, the VF-171 CF is one of the coolest looking Valkyries out there, the Teal makes that design come alive! 

I hope so but I'm not sure Bandai will even finish the SMS squadron much give us any non-hero reissues. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I hope so but I'm not sure Bandai will even finish the SMS squadron much give us any non-hero reissues. 

True, it's rare that Bandai ever does the obvious, like reissuing the Valk's fans/collectors really want. I'm strapped for cash at the moment, but I'd find a way for a CF VF-171, maybe even two. B))

19 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

True, it's rare that Bandai ever does the obvious, like reissuing the Valk's fans/collectors really want. I'm strapped for cash at the moment, but I'd find a way for a CF VF-171, maybe even two. B))

I would love it if they reissued a non-exploding revival of the CF 171. We'll see if Bandai ever bothers. We never even got the Delta CF version.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I would love it if they reissued a non-exploding revival of the CF 171. We'll see if Bandai ever bothers. We never even got the Delta CF version.

Bandai not releasing a (non-exploding) Delta CF 171 simply boggles the mind, I would have thought that one would have been a no-brainer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 12:42 AM, MKT said:

I'm trying to think the last time Bandai released anything CF.. was it the 31A Kairos? Arcadia seem averse to CF schemes, and it'd be a shame Bandai follows suit.

The Kairos was fantastic and should have gotten a reissue as well. I'm surprised they didn't do a Delta CF 171. It's just a recolor of a mold they already have...