1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Thanks everyone! I figured if I was keeping those ET Valks I'm going to do what I can to them look good! 

@tekering  Lots of Polish! 

@Lolicon Thanks dude, look forward to that Kakizaki custom! 

@sqidd Silive was pretty easy, The Faerie Squad required Shape-ways parts and a one way ticket to Fighter Only mode but I'm happy with it. 

23 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm still a big fan of the VF-2SS. These are the Evolution Toy versions, a simple customization to Silvie, a giant overhaul for Faerie Squad. 

If I could find a Nexx 2SS cheap, I might grab one. B))

Quality markings and panel lining.  Was there any other customisations?

You got them skilz! :good:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

VF-1A Super Hikaru?

VF-1A Super Max?

VF-1S Strike Focker?

VF-1S Max?

Yup, four more hero VF-1s to go. Maybe we'll see some other variants but those are the ones most likely to see release by Bandai, unless they prematurely kill the line because sales aren't good enough for them. *coughDeltacough*

54 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yup, four more hero VF-1s to go. Maybe we'll see some other variants but those are the ones most likely to see release by Bandai, unless they prematurely kill the line because sales aren't good enough for them. *coughHMR-Deltacough*

Updated^^^

I'm working on a 1/48 DYRL display right now with Yamies that I STOLE off Yahoo Auctions. If it turns out how I like it I'll probably have RedComet do his conversion thing so I can have the un-released DX Valks. I'm torn on the VF-1S Max though. I try and stay as cannon as I can with a display like that and I'm not thrilled with a "naked" Valk hanging out in there. It will be .........weird.:p That said, I'm screwing it all up by having a CF in there too. It's DYRL, but not Skull Squad.

Edited by sqidd

• 2 weeks later...

That could pass off as a computer generated photo, but in reality is good old school chunkiness! :good:

Nice lighting and spotlight there! The style reminds me early computer graphic days, with a single spotlight placement from above and harsh shadows... 

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The YF-30 is a lovely bird and I actually like it more than the VF-31. But the 31 does have a slightly easier transformation, thanks to lessons learned from the 30.

Beauty > ease of transformation.;)

I absolutely adore the YF-30:wub:

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

50477681878_ffd035aaed_o.jpg

Gorgeous!!

You continue to impress/inspire @Lolicon !!!

15 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

@Lolicon It looks great! The extra decaling you took the time to do adds a lot to it as well!

Thanks! There's almost as many markings as Bandai's DX SSP, but the text isn't ginormous so it's a lot less obnoxious.

Unfortunately the effects I added were mostly dulled out by the top coat. Even the heated metal effect is barely visible on the boosters. :unknw:

219557343_VF-1AKakizakiDYRLWIP001.thumb.jpg.94a217e5c11e43a526579aff16e79da8.jpg219557343_VF-1AKakizakiDYRLWIP001.thumb.jpg.94a217e5c11e43a526579aff16e79da8.jpg

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! There's almost as many markings as Bandai's DX SSP, but the text isn't ginormous so it's a lot less obnoxious.

Unfortunately the effects I added were mostly dulled out by the top coat. Even the heated metal effect is barely visible on the boosters. :unknw:

219557343_VF-1AKakizakiDYRLWIP001.thumb.jpg.94a217e5c11e43a526579aff16e79da8.jpg219557343_VF-1AKakizakiDYRLWIP001.thumb.jpg.94a217e5c11e43a526579aff16e79da8.jpg

Happens to me sometimes too. Spend all that time doing subtle effects and it disappears under the clear coat...  

Sometimes you almost have to overdo it just so when you clear coat it it gets toned down and looks how you wanted it to look, but that's hard to judge. I had that issue with my Sv-51. Most of my subtle effects disappeared and I had to redo it not so subtly to get it to show more. Just as annoying is when you can see it with your eyes but the camera won't pick it up, but it sure as heck is able to pick up and emphasize those specks of dust you couldn't see instead!

11 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Happens to me sometimes too. Spend all that time doing subtle effects and it disappears under the clear coat...  

Sometimes you almost have to overdo it just so when you clear coat it it gets toned down and looks how you wanted it to look, but that's hard to judge. I had that issue with my Sv-51. Most of my subtle effects disappeared and I had to redo it not so subtly to get it to show more. Just as annoying is when you can see it with your eyes but the camera won't pick it up, but it sure as heck is able to pick up and emphasize those specks of dust you couldn't see instead!

Lessons learned. I'll have to go overboard on Hikaru next. 

Dust is the bane of my existence when photographing. Had to reshoot so many times. I need a clean room to photograph in...