1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm south of San Francisco (moving to Los Angeles soon). I was well away from any fires but PG&E was cutting off the transmission lines and that impacted a lot of areas far removed from the action.  Hope your peeps managed to avoid bigger headaches than some prolonged down time.

Most are doing well. My BIL is Santa Rosa fire chief, so he's been up helping deal with the Kincaide fire. A few friends who live in RP were just outside the power outage zones and just outside the evac zones, so they've been having other people come to their place. One friend I haven't heard from yet lives in Windsor where the fires have been, so I'm not sure yet if they lost their place.

Moving the show down to LA?

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@Lolicon that’s a great comparison shot - I think it does a good job of showing off how nice your phone photos look too, though. 

Haha thanks. There's a definite improvement with the DSLR; one of the things about the phone camera (or it may be the fault of the software) is the color balance sometimes gets thrown off wildly and I have do a lot of color correction in post, which was the case in the above phone pic. The DSLR pic I just did a quick auto-color balance in Photoshop.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thanks for the comparison shot @Lolicon  I was actually curious about this since I've been lazy and using my phone for my photos.  I need to learn how to use a DSLR as well, there's a pretty clear difference between the two.

Phone cameras have come a long way and are great tools, but they can't really compare to a DSLR and someone who knows how to use it (not me yet!). :D

Still need a better light setup, and better blocking, among other things. :cray:

Here are the cheap risers. 5in, 4in, and 3in respectively. You can't even see them on the picture, which is icing on the cake.

930224149_dxtrio.thumb.jpg.de1c2173f1ffa18bb950be8279483b91.jpg

I used the 5in under Miria. It took a bit more space than i expected, but it works. 

Risers.thumb.jpg.91f6ebf05c654cff23d4ae1a60eed455.jpg

The 4in riser under Max, and the 3in under Hikkie. The 3in seems a tad too small, but it does the job.

for 10 bucks roughly, I got the effect i wanted. 

Edited by vlenhoff

On 10/31/2019 at 11:28 AM, vlenhoff said:

Here are the cheap risers. 5in, 4in, and 3in respectively. You can't even see them on the picture, which is icing on the cake.

I used the 5in under Miria. It took a bit more space than i expected, but it works. 

Risers.thumb.jpg.91f6ebf05c654cff23d4ae1a60eed455.jpg

The 4in riser under Max, and the 3in under Hikkie. The 3in seems a tad too small, but it does the job.

for 10 bucks roughly, I got the effect i wanted. 

Nice! That's a lot of valks on one shelf! I might have to pick up a few of those.

A little happier with this Alto shot. :)

48999349156_ca308235d9_o.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nice! That's a lot of valks on one shelf! I might have to pick up a few of those.

A little happier with this Alto shot. :)

801589758_VF-25FAlto0001.thumb.jpg.d511e27fcf703d1d20e4dbe6c1de1c8e.jpg

This is why I absolutely love Kawamori designs, The fighter modes are always so cool, and they look like they could really exist. Cool picture BTW! I have failed to join the MAcross F, and Delta wagon. I am already in too deep with the original series and Macross plus.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The classics. 8)

240339742_VF-1SVF-1J0002.thumb.jpg.f67c1c0d1bf948e9c5dd9ff6658a3c65.jpg

Hell yeah! Hikkie and his sempai! Ha, I just realized i have none of my Roy currently on display. I've been selling some extras I have, but I still haven't found my Roys. They are all in boxes from the last time i moved, and.. it is a box pyramid basically. i have a Roy in nearly every scale except for HMR. Maybe i should snatch Roy Hi metal Jo3l's is currently selling, but i don't know if getting a proper HMR would be better. The HMR Roy is too expensive for me though. Meh, I don't have to have a Roy in every scale, do I? Tough first world decisions. -_-

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This is why I absolutely love Kawamori designs, The fighter modes are always so cool, and they look like they could really exist. Cool picture BTW! I have failed to join the MAcross F, and Delta wagon. I am already in too deep with the original series and Macross plus.

Hell yeah! Hikkie and his sempai! Ha, I just realized i have none of my Roy currently on display. I've been selling some extras I have, but I still haven't found my Roys. They are all in boxes from the last time i moved, and.. it is a box pyramid basically. i have a Roy in nearly every scale except for HMR. Maybe i should snatch Roy Hi metal Jo3l's is currently selling, but i don't know if getting a proper HMR would be better. The HMR Roy is too expensive for me though. Meh, I don't have to have a Roy in every scale, do I? Tough first world decisions. -_-

Yes, you need a Roy in every scale. Three of each. It is known.

Well, I do have Hikkie, Max, Miria, and Brownies in every scale. Actually 9 1/48 Brownies to be exact. (Most of these MISB with both armors)(some of these might be on sale soon)

I'm really tempted about getting that HM Roy from No3L, but I must be careful with my money right now...

You are not* helping, @sqidd!

Edited by vlenhoff

5 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Well, I do have Hikkie, Max, Miria, and Brownies in every scale. Actually 9 1/48 Brownies to be exact. (Most of these MISB with both armors)(some of these might be on sale soon)

I'm really tempted about getting that HM Roy from No3L, but I must be careful with my money right now...

You are not* helping, @sqidd!

I'm totally helping!!!!:D

This probably helps.....right?:rofl:

Roys.jpg

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm totally helping!!!!:D

This probably helps.....right?:rofl:

Roys.jpg

YOU EVIL CREATURE!!!! That's a SWEET trio!

BTW, i was browsing Mandarake, and this happened!

Spartan.thumb.jpg.9ced2c8fa5253050ab69da56fa349647.jpg

BTW @Lolicon, I thought the saying was "you can never have too many Stormtroopers" I think those would be the Brownies! Gah, you make me want to get a Roy.

12 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

YOU EVIL CREATURE!!!! That's a SWEET trio!

BTW, i was browsing Mandarake, and this happened!

Spartan.thumb.jpg.9ced2c8fa5253050ab69da56fa349647.jpg

BTW @Lolicon, I thought the saying was "you can never have too many Stormtroopers" I think those would be the Brownies! Gah, you make me want to get a Roy.

I've never heard that saying before, but you should totally get that Roy and a few magic brownies. :D

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

48998585828_696dd7d1f2_h.jpg

Ah I love checking in and seeing Saburo's name on the forum last posted, since it'll be something good.:yahoo:You even color corrected the oversaturated blue.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, Lolicon said:

I've never heard that saying before, but you should totally get that Roy and a few magic brownies. :D

Ah I love checking in and seeing Saburo's name on the forum last posted, since it'll be something good.:yahoo:You even color corrected the oversaturated blue.

Thank you @Lolicon, you are too kinda. I know I have had quite a few boring posts. :lol:ice shots to everyome!

Great shots everyone!

Edited by Saburo