1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, please forgive the impromptu setup and bad photo skills, but I just had to share this:  After all this time, I finally obtained a sort-of holy grail, Alto's Renewal supers!  Came across them in a Hiroshima book off for 16,000 yen, the previous owner had done a pretty good panel line job too.

IMG_3509-2.thumb.jpg.07e718deb72f8216c4a070675779ba03.jpg

3 Super dudes, plus an armored dude!  You will note I'm using my headcanon parts-wearing scheme, which consists of 3 differences:

1.  I don't use crotch armor, it's not perfect TF and doesn't even look that good IMHO.  Only reason I used it on the armored 25A is due to it being mandatory with the stand adapter.

2.  I don't use hip laser armor for supers, it doesn't look like it adds anything, and it looks like it blocks the hip lasers from firing anyway, armored parts ver does not.

3.  Most importantly, I use 'Concept art style' collarbone missile pod placement on the shoulders, where I believe it looks best.  Especially on armored parts where it looks like the GBP.

IMG_3519-2.thumb.jpg.4b5ce5bd49ff7a550ae623c85b8aa3cd.jpg

Now that I have alto's white collarbone skin panels, I can finally do a proper 'Episode 14 special' where Alto wore Mike's blue supers.

Never been too interested in any radome valk...

Edited by DWN013

On 5/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, Slave IV said:

You too! LMK if you don't have it, I have extras;)

Thanks!  I checked my collection thread on Toyark and I have that car.  Looks like it fits in well.