1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Finally got around to finishing up the valkyrie flown by the shortest-tenured skull leader. :rolleyes:

1685049934_VF-1SMax01.jpg.b6c720d9f6c821a7e88b35ba2d57664c.jpg

1765109275_VF-1SMax02.jpg.58d98a990445cf027052d567f746565a.jpg

And with that I'm done with skull leader units forever!

...or until there's a DX 1S. :ph34r:

1290377226_skullleadersall.jpg.afa0b27aecf4a89e3d2e81097b33ef4c.jpg

Can VF-1S DYRL Max be duplicated by using a VF-1A DYRL Max and swapping out the wings and nose cone with those from a VF-1S DYRL Roy or Hikaru? Or are there additional differences?

Also, Yamato/Arcadia's box missiles are too big, compared to the size of the valkyrie...

image.png.c39e6aa194126b36a4ec4df235017930.png

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Can VF-1S DYRL Max be duplicated by using a VF-1A DYRL Max and swapping out the wings and nose cone with those from a VF-1S DYRL Roy or Hikaru? Or are there additional differences?

You forgot to mention swapping the head too. Besides those three, I think you're good to do the swapping. ^_^ 

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Finally got around to finishing up the valkyrie flown by the shortest-tenured skull leader. :rolleyes:

1685049934_VF-1SMax01.jpg.b6c720d9f6c821a7e88b35ba2d57664c.jpg

And with that I'm done with skull leader units forever!

It's just gorgeous sir. Gorgeous. :wub: 

2 hours ago, JET7 said:

DSC_1808.JPG

Meet The Fockers. (I'm just ignoring the red guy at the back.) ;)

Love the dedicated space for Roy's ride. :good: 

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, Yamato/Arcadia's box missiles are too big, compared to the size of the valkyrie...

image.png.c39e6aa194126b36a4ec4df235017930.png

What noel said about swapping parts. But then you'd be sacrificing a Max 1A and a 1S to frankenstein yourself Max's 1S. I guess you could make a Focker 1A with the leftovers? Or make yourself another Hikaru 1A?:unknw:

They played pretty fast and loose with sizes in the old Macross shows, so I wouldn't get too hung up about the size of the missiles or whatever. You're not obsessed about size, are you?!

11 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Beautiful jobs @Saburo and @Lolicon!!!

Thank you kind sir!

9 hours ago, JET7 said:

DSC_1808.JPG

Who's the maker of that tiny 1S?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's just gorgeous sir. Gorgeous. :wub: 

Thanks noel!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, jenius said:

Does anyone need a Max 1S? I have one I won't need in a few weeks... Just bought it for a photo shoot with the q rau.

I might be interested if no one else snaps it up, but I actually did exactly what was discussed, and kitbashed myself a Max 1S using an incomplete 1A and a spare Roy.  The 1A was missing the blue canopy cover, but the Yamato release of Max's 1S used the black one anyway, as far as I've been able to tell.  I just swapped out the required parts, and used the stickers for the blue head arrows over the top of the yellow.

Haven't done anything with the leftover Roy parts and 1A head yet, but I figure it can't hurt to have spares.

Hmm... maybe I'll cross the streams for fun, cover the yellow with grayish-brown, and make myself a Jack Archer DYRL version. :ph34r: 

19 hours ago, Saburo said:

Ladies, gentlemen and children of all ages.. Welcome to the Itano Circus! :D

Does this make the VF-31 armored pack the equivalent of the clown-car act? :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal