1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I keep saying the same thing but I can't get over how good the Legioss looks! I can't wait to start swooshing mine!

Wow that is tiny compared to the VF-1.

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

And Hikaru is tiny compared to, well, everything. :lol:

IMG_20200627_092905.jpg.c1dd0f54d71a11ab8dad30124f64df70.jpg

Well, he would be a lot bigger in armor.:unknw:

He is a little fella for sure though. The anime has him at about 5'6" and 125lb.:p

11 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Here's my growing VF-1S "Booby Duck" collection. Aside from a potential 1/48, any other versions or scales I should add?

Super VF-1S IMG_2408.JPG

I'm doing a "Focker Army" Battriod display that was motivated by the below "Hikaru Army" picture below.

I went to the Scorched Earth site and went through every single variation of Focker that could be in Battriod and made a shopping list based off of that. I have most of them now. Still looking for two more rare ones. You can go through there and find all the variations that have Fighter mode and do the same thing. Fair warning, if you're trying to be a completest you are going to end up with a bunch of them. My guess is 15-20.;) 

I'm going to have a Arcadia 1/60 and HMR Focker w/ S&S parts for sale shortly.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-35.jpg

Edited by sqidd

31 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Here's my growing VF-1S "Booby Duck" collection. Aside from a potential 1/48, any other versions or scales I should add?

Super VF-1S IMG_2408.JPG

That’s cool.  Nice touch with TV Hikaru in the HM VF-1S.  Some recommendations would be the 1/55 VF-1S Super Valkyrie and maybe the 1/72 KC VF-1S.

Is that even 1/60 though? The VF-1 in Battroid is the same size as a Zentraedi correct? So a VF-1 should fit in a Regult correct? I have yet to see a toy line that is "in scale". At lest from my perspective......which could be wrong.:D

Even that huge on in those pics seems a bit small.:unknw:

@sqidd  You should really look into the old Yamato 1:60 HDP kit. IMHO the best representation of the Regult. It won't be cheap IF you can even find one, and it has to assembled and painted by a pro to look good! 

EDIT: Although now, looking back at the pics of it, the HM-R's really did nail the proportions of the center eye better, STILL would love to have one though! 

4973214109_7be0f9b07e_b.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Just now, derex3592 said:

@sqidd  You should really look into the old Yamato 1:60 HDP kit. IMHO the best representation of the Regult. It won't be cheap IF you can even find one, and it has to assembled and painted by a pro to look good! 

No room for it, and I'm not even an amateur, let alone a pro! HMR's will do.;)

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Is that even 1/60 though? The VF-1 in Battroid is the same size as a Zentraedi correct? So a VF-1 should fit in a Regult correct? I have yet to see a toy line that is "in scale". At lest from my perspective......which could be wrong.:D

Even that huge on in those pics seems a bit small.:unknw:

Zentradi come in different sizes and the cockpit is very cramped...not specifically designed for a warrior clone's comfort.

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrosstechman/tech-zentradiheight.html

Edited by Slave IV

39 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Zentradi come in different sizes and the cockpit is very cramped...not specifically designed for a warrior clone's comfort.

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrosstechman/tech-zentradiheight.html

I like how both Klan and Milia are Queadluun pilots, despite one being shorter than a VF-1, and the other being as tall as a VF-25.

(That image has Klan shorter than she is in the Anime)

Edited by Sanity is Optional

About a million years ago someone posted a pic of a DX Max (I think it was a Max) posed like the SOCOM guys shoot. They had the gun pod collapsed so it could be pulled in tighter and I think the pic was taken outside. I just went through an eye bleeding number of pages here and in the  Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1 thread looking for it. I can't find it. I'm hoping someone knows where it is (maybe a different thread) or the person who posted it up can post it again. It looked really great and i'm trying to replicate it....with little luck. Thanks!

This is the shooting stance but the pic was from a different angle.

SOCOM.jpg.86f9ccc45b1354919c52711a1944a062.jpg

33 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

So I finally emptied out my Public-Storage unit (One less monthly bill) and found these, I saw this big box and kept wondering... what's in that one??

(Mark Watney voice) Surprise! :D

IMG_2661.JPG

Nice!!!

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

So I finally emptied out my Public-Storage unit (One less monthly bill) and found these, I saw this big box and kept wondering... what's in that one??

(Mark Watney voice) Surprise! :D

IMG_2661.JPG

Nice! It’s always great to open a box and find goodies you forgot about.