1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

28 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I now have a new found hatred for you @sqidd. :hail:GREAT addition!!! I had mine since childhood but sadly about a year ago both his arms snapped off moving him out of my display case. Plastic had just gotten to brittle over time. :sorry:

Aw man, that sucks.:(

I've got a non custom painted one that's in pretty great shape and has brand new never applied re-po stickers I'll be selling once the new/painted one gets here.

35 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Very nice TV SDF-1s being posted.  I still have a completely white one that is MIB with unused stickers and another one I use for display.  I still wish Bandai could get to reissuing it.

Yeah with detailed improvements like they did with 1/48 VF-1

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Damnit. And now I need one.  Make it happen @sqidd!

This guy has it for sale since I think it was November. No bites. At $400 shipped w/ no PP fees I think that was a pretty good deal. Non customs in decent shape go for $200-250. Another $125-150 for custom paint is nothing.

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

This guy has it for sale since I think it was November. No bites. At $400 shipped w/ no PP fees I think that was a pretty good deal. Non customs in decent shape go for $200-250. Another $125-150 for custom paint is nothing.

I think I know which one you're referring to.  On eBay right?

5 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Man. I miss mine. Had one since I was little. It got some breaks and scratches over the years, two of the cannons on the shoulders broke off, the main cannons snapped and were repaired more times than I can count. 

around ten years ago we had an earthquake. Smallish and very uncommon for where I live. But itwas close enough for things to shake a bit. When I got home from work that day figures that had been perched on the top of shelves were on the floor in pieces, including the sdf-1. 

So I appreciate seeing some in such good condition!

That sucks! Maybe you'll get another some time.

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I now have a new found hatred for you @sqidd. :hail:GREAT addition!!! I had mine since childhood but sadly about a year ago both his arms snapped off moving him out of my display case. Plastic had just gotten to brittle over time. :sorry:

Yeah, It looks amazing!

@sqidd thanks for sharing! I may detail / weather mine one day. That Macross is great looking!

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

I’ve been keeping an eye out for a good deal on an Arcadia / Yamato one. 

I liked the one I had a lot but if I’m going to spend a bunch of money getting an sdf-1 I’d rather it be the newer one than one I’ve already owned.

I can totally see that, yeah. 

10 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

I liked the one I had a lot but if I’m going to spend a bunch of money getting an sdf-1 I’d rather it be the newer one than one I’ve already owned.

Except no one makes a good TV SDF-1.;)

1 minute ago, jeniusornome said:

/shrug. TV, movie, makes no difference to me. 

In effect your post just said to me "What matters to you is irrelevant so my argument holds weight".

If you expect me to appreciate that you don't care, you need to appreciate that I do.:hi:

52 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Anyway, outside of the original show, all further appearances of the SDF-1 are based on the DYRL version with the ARMD platforms attached.

The TV version is the real OG!  DYRL is so blah color wise.  Either way it would be nice to have an updated TV SDF-1.  We will probably never see it unless some line of the Robotech / Harmony Gold side of things creates it.  I know kitzconcept teased one a year or two ago.  Colors were kinda off on it tho. 

Edited by Rogueload

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

Anyway, outside of the original show, all further appearances of the SDF-1 are based on the DYRL version with the ARMD platforms attached.

Oh yeah, and.....;)

why-not-both-eganerator-why-not-both-taco-girl-52890355.png.75a532cb387555003381a0015a18607f.png

Agreed, why not both!!!

but... I can only justify one for now, so the TV it is. i just like the TV version so much better. I think the arms being an improvisation, gives it so much character. Oh we lost the ARMD, so lets put an aircraft carrier in there, lol. It gives it so much character, and it has a story to tell. It would have been so cool if they kept the TV Macross alive in all subsequent series, but that's just IMHO. It would feel like home, every time.

Edited by vlenhoff

Sqidd, you and I are on opposite sides of the collecting spectrum. I’m not even making an “argument” that needs to “hold weight” - I’m just expressing my opinion (“I don’t want to buy a figure I’ve already owned”) and you seem to think it’s not okay for some reason.

I don’t know why you’ve decided to poke at me, but to answer your meme, it’s because I don’t have space, don’t want to add more display space, and can’t generally afford too many anyways.

whereas from what I’ve seen of your collection, you buy 3-4 copies of everything and add more display cases when you run out of room. So no, I don’t expect you to appreciate my opinion. I don’t think you can even understand it.