1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

So... i ran out of room. There is rush hour traffic on my shelf. A 1st world problem, i know. 

20191013_115616.thumb.jpg.796f937153196f2b94bdf55a47a6d8e2.jpg20191013_114349.thumb.jpg.f0e4e2d0cec5c3f8c641c5d378cc5cba.jpg

20191013_115317.thumb.jpg.9d2c29c107c48de187e346457ca32af3.jpg

While I still think the Yammie does a better job in fighter mode, specially where the legs meet the back pack at the back of the plane. I must say, in Battloid and Gerwalk mode, Bandai absolutely takes the cake. I have always wanted to have battloid mode to hold the gun over the shoulder using the gun strap, and now It can! I must admit, this thing is beautiful, and it bothers me I could not get the 1S on PO night. I simply didn't have the funds for the over inflated price. I was there on time, on PO night, and all the online stores i had ready, basically went kaput. Weirdly, I am more satisfied with Max's, more so than Hikaru's. This is the unicorn I always wanted, and I can't wait for Kakizake. Bandai better finish the Vermilion squadron... or else... I will have a meltdown. 

28 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I was never a fan of Hikaru’s 1J...Except with GPB, all covered up, which is then probably my favorite all time. 

The thing is, I do have an uncanny love for the Hikkie's 1j, and I have him in every scale, but as i write this, I just realized I actually have [now] one more Max overall, ha. I do love the 1J max too, as you can see in my shelves, lol. I forgot i had Max in HMR too, momentarily. I don't even have a 1S in HMR, at the moment.

If anyone wants to donate an HMR or HM 1S to my shelf, i promise I will take good care of it. :crazy:

In addition, I believe the Dx series has the best gun strap solution of them all. I am actually using the gun straps, and that says it all. This stupid line is growing on me, and i don't like it. :help:

Edited by vlenhoff
I keep looking at MAx's 1A every few minutes. I think i am in Love.

18 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

The thing is, I do have an uncanny love for the Hikkie's 1j, and I have him in every scale, but as i write this, I just realized I actually have [now] one more Max overall, ha. I do love the 1J max too, as you can see in my shelves, lol. I forgot i had Max in HMR too, momentarily. I don't even have a 1S in HMR, at the moment.

If anyone wants to donate an HMR or HM 1S to my shelf, i promise I will take good care of it. :crazy:

In addition, I believe the Dx series has the best gun strap solution of them all. I am actually using the gun straps, and that says it all. This stupid line is growing on me, and i don't like it. :help:

Yeah, I got a bunch of Hikaru 1Js too, it’s not that I don’t like it, just not as much as almost every other version. Again, except with GBP which puts it on a whole other level. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I got a bunch of Hikaru 1Js too, it’s not that I don’t like it, just not as much as almost every other version. Again, except with GBP which puts it on a whole other level. 

Oh, absolutely, 1J in GPB gear is just great. Now, a 1S in GPB is sublime! IMHO

post-48-1197646447_thumb.jpg

I know the 1/48 GBP is not the best iteration of the GPB armor, but man, it looks so monstrous, i love it.

Edited by vlenhoff

14 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I know the 1/48 GBP is not the best iteration of the GPB armor, but man, it looks so monstrous, i love it.

I like the 1/48 because it's SO beefy. That said, when taking everything into account I think the 1/60 edges it out. That's coming from a "Big Toy Guy".

GBP-3.jpg

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I like the 1/48 because it's SO beefy. That said, when taking everything into account I think the 1/60 edges it out. That's coming from a "Big Toy Guy".

I need to sell some of my 1/48 GPB armors. I have like 8 of them new in box, resting inside boxes, doing nothing.

Yeah the 1/60 GPB is more line art accurate. Beefy, though, is the best way to describe the 1/48 GPB.... and I like beef...

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

I need to sell some of my 1/48 GPB armors. I have like 8 of them new in box, resting inside boxes, doing nothing.

Yeah the 1/60 GPB is more line art accurate. Beefy, though, is the best way to describe the 1/48 GPB.... and I like beef...

I love the beefy 1/48 GBP too. If you are going to sell, please LMK. I wouldn’t mind another one. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

1985.jpg

2001.jpg

Something about that first pic isn't right... :rolleyes:

The Yamato 1/48 may look a bit wonky in battroid, but that fighter is still stunning! And having a correctly sized pilot doesn't throw the entire scale off!

16 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Time is something I have been having less of lately, I'll try to get through processing soon.   :wacko:

Here's a preview of Max's VF-1A, Enjoy! :D

48895280767_6b97720852_h.jpg

Marvelous!

44 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Time is something I have been having less of lately, I'll try to get through processing soon.   :wacko:

Here's a preview of Max's VF-1A, Enjoy! :D

Stunning!

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Something about that first pic isn't right... :rolleyes:

The Yamato 1/48 may look a bit wonky in battroid, but that fighter is still stunning! And having a correctly sized pilot doesn't throw the entire scale off!

Marvelous!

I know my Bandai 1/55 must be somewhere in a box... like in Raiders of the lost Ark  :sad:

I went on deep trip down memory lane, and I found my first "love". I tried to take a picture of it in nearly the same angle as did with my second "love", years ago.

I was going to transform DX Hikkie into fighter, and take a picture of it, but I started reading the news about Syria... mood killed.

Edited by vlenhoff

I REALLY wish they would do a TV outfit Minmay at some point, either in Chinese red dress or swimsuit competition getup or schoolgirl outfit. I really hope they do Lisa/Misa, Claudia, Global and the Bridge Bunnies too at some point. That would just be so cool! 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I REALLY wish they would do a TV outfit Minmay at some point, either in Chinese red dress or swimsuit competition getup or schoolgirl outfit. I really hope they do Lisa/Misa, Claudia, Global and the Bridge Bunnies too at some point. That would just be so cool! 

Misa is available for preorder now. https://kitzconcept.hk/index.php/all/1-12-action-figures-series-lisahayes-preorder.html

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Saburo said:

WTS DX-Chogokin VF-1A Max. Item opened and displayed for only a week, and back into box.

Reason for sale: Saburo's pic looks better than actual item! :p

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm loathe to support Robotech and HG in anyway, no matter how small, but seeing Minmay Minmei, Hikaru Rick, and Misa Lisa is making me consider picking them up, since no Japanese maker wants to give us Macross figures. :angry:

Thanks a lot, jerks!

1966227384_kitzconceptorder.JPG.8c7afcdff9f4de7dbe4e3bb9bc6d6968.JPG

Edited by Lolicon

5 hours ago, MKT said:

WTS DX-Chogokin VF-1A Max. Item opened and displayed for only a week, and back into box.

Reason for sale: Saburo's pic looks better than actual item! :p

Yeah, I'm not going to bother un-boxing mine.:D

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm loathe to support Robotech and HG in anyway, no matter how small, but seeing Minmay Minmei, Hikaru Rick, and Misa Lisa is making me consider picking them up, since no Japanese maker wants to give us Macross figures. :angry:

Thanks a lot, jerks!

That's because HG is blocking any Japanese company (Yamato/Arcadia, Bandai, Wave, Yellow Sub, Banpresto) from selling anything under the original Macross name to the west. That's why I don't support HG anymore nor watch my old Robotech VHS cause I know the truth. and that HG should've have just given up after lack of interest in their franchise.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks a lot, jerks!

I was ignoring the figures for a while but also ended up getting them after seeing everyone's photos.  Love my Minmay and Hikaru figures and hope the rest come out after Misa!  I just think of it as supporting Kitzconcept hehe, eases my soul.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks a lot, jerks!

29 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

I was ignoring the figures for a while but also ended up getting them after seeing everyone's photos.  Love my Minmay and Hikaru figures and hope the rest come out after Misa!  I just think of it as supporting Kitzconcept hehe, eases my soul.

Haha, I think a lot of us think the same way! I tried to ignore these and didn’t want to have anything to do with them. Then I saw pics of people getting Minmei. I was impressed but brushed it off because it wasn’t the look I preferred. The Hikaru orders opened and I couldn’t resist placing one just to see what was up. Got that and it was over from the moment I opened the box. I was shocked and impressed by the overall presentation and package so much I immediately ordered Misa and shortly after, went ahead and ordered a Valk and Minmei. While I won’t say they are the best figures ever, they are by far the best we’ve ever seen for these characters and you can see that KC put a lot of effort and passion into trying to deliver definitive products that are fan pleasing. I absolutely support KC as a company and would put their effort, passion and service at #1 for a toy company, period. I can’t rate the quality of the figures that high but they are good enough that I prefer no other company, including Bandai with their SHF even attempt to make any and I’d rather just go all in with KC. 

Edited by Slave IV

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks a lot, jerks!

It might be possible that the fee paid to HG is only for item shipped to US.

There are re-seller of KC product on ebay, and their sales might not be registered as US sales by KC or HG.