1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Hey lolicon just where did you get that decal sheets from? I have scans from several Yamato decals sitting in my computer that been waiting to be printed.

12 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

Great job, valk and pictures, Lolicon! Thanks for sharing!

And just as you mentioned it, what about decaling an Emerald Force VF-19? That'd be amazing!

I'll get around to Macross 7 after I finish SDF. If I finish... :unsure:

42 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Devils.

33626002128_ef305bf4b8_h.jpg

Thank you to @505thAirborne for making this duo possible for me.

Grats Saburo! Though I thought you finished your Frontier collection ages ago.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:56 PM, VF-18S Hornet said:

Hey lolicon just where did you get that decal sheets from? I have scans from several Yamato decals sitting in my computer that been waiting to be printed.

Just go to Amazon and search for decal paper. Be sure to get the proper type for your printer. They vary in quality so no guarantees they'll all work well.

Just now, Vifam7 said:

Can you ID all of the non-Macross aircraft? ^_^

20190331-211433.jpg

Challenge accepted [L-R/T-B]:

Mave Yukikaze, Mig-29 [A by the look], Crusher Joe Fighter2, Super-Sylph Yukikaze, Crusher Joe Fighter1, F-4 [judging by the painscheme, it's a RF-4EJ], F-15J, Spitfire [Mk5 or later], Sanka Mk. B, F-16, F-86F, Mitsubishi T-2 Trainer, P-47D, P-51D [Bud Anderson's 'Old Crow'], Bf-109G [looks like a G-6 or later] and a Mirage III [could be a Mirage 2000, i'm not ultra-familiar with the mirage airframes]

How'd I do?:D

Sure is a sweet collection, all in-scale with each-other!

Edited by slide

52 minutes ago, Vifam7 said:

My 1/100 scale aircraft collection. Can you ID all of the non-Macross aircraft? ^_^

20190331-211405.jpg

20190331-211433.jpg

Bottom pic r to left front to back

F-104, Mirage 2000, F-15, MiG-29, F-86, F-4, F-16 (or actually, is that an F-2?). For the rest, I’m not so good with propeller driven aircraft but a BF109, P-51 and a Spitfire...

21 minutes ago, slide said:

Mave Yukikaze, Mig-29 [A by the look], Crusher Joe Fighter2, Super-Sylph Yukikaze, Crusher Joe Fighter1, F-4 [judging by the painscheme, it's a RF-4EJ], F-15J, Spitfire [Mk5 or later], Sanka Mk. B, F-16, F-86F, Mitsubishi T-2 Trainer, P-47D, P-51D [Bud Anderson's 'Old Crow'], Bf-109G [looks like a G-6 or later] and a Mirage III [could be a Mirage 2000, i'm not ultra-familiar with the mirage airframes]

Impressive ID'ing. Didn't even noticed it was the Old Crow there.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Bottom pic r to left front to back

F-104, Mirage 2000, F-15, MiG-29, F-86, F-4, F-16 (or actually, is that an F-2?). For the rest, I’m not so good with propeller driven aircraft but a BF109, P-51 and a Spitfire...

Looks more like a T2-trainer specifically than a regular F-104,

1 hour ago, treatment said:

lol!  AWESOME!  :yahoo:

Are these diecasts or kits?

:bump:

Only the Sanka Mk.B is fully diecast. From a company called Organic (I've never heard of them). The ads said it was 1/72 scale but in hand, the size of the model fits in better with 1/100 scale.

The Crusher Joe Fighter-1 and Fighter-2 are from Wave. They come fully painted and built. All plastic.

The Super Sylph Yukikaze and Mave Yukikaze are from Alter. They come fully painted and built. All plastic. These are truly amazing pieces that look like they were made by expert kit builders.

The real life JASDF jets are half-diecast half plastic magazine pack-in models from DeAgostini Japan.  The Mirage 2000 and MiG-29 are the Amercom brand half-diecast half-plastic models (which I believe are also magazine pack-in models).

The prop fighters are pre-painted kits from Doyusha that you have to put together with a bit of glue.

Edited by Vifam7

1 hour ago, slide said:

99% correct! The JASDF Phantom is a F-4EJkai of 8 SQN which also wore the blue-on-blue camo. Can't fault ya there as you couldn't see the tail marking and it's also hard to see the ASM-2 missile hanging from the pylon.  The Mirage is indeed a Mirage 2000.

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

99% correct! The JASDF Phantom is a F-4EJkai of 8 SQN which also wore the blue-on-blue camo. Can't fault ya there as you couldn't see the tail marking and it's also hard to see the ASM-2 missile hanging from the pylon.  The Mirage is indeed a Mirage 2000.

I'll take it!

My Goodness, Japan sure has some pretty Phantoms...

12 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

Looks like I was too little too late:D

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Those clear parts do look nice! Maybe I should pick up a set...

Thanks! I don't think you can go wrong for under $20. It gives a nice additional option for looks on these VF-1s that most of us have a bunch of. Just a warning that you should keep an eye on your order status because I didn't realize mine would be sent to a distribution center where I had to login and pay an additional fee to have it sent from China to the US. After a period of time, they start to charge you a storage fee and then they might eventually return the item to seller.

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! I don't think you can go wrong for under $20. It gives a nice additional option for looks on these VF-1s that most of us have a bunch of. Just a warning that you should keep an eye on your order status because I didn't realize mine would be sent to a distribution center where I had to login and pay an additional fee to have it sent from China to the US. After a period of time, they start to charge you a storage fee and then they might eventually return the item to seller.

Would love to pick up a set. Like you have said, just for extra option.

But I am having trouble with the website, not easy to search. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Does $20 include the extra shipping?

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Would love to pick up a set. Like you have said, just for extra option.

But I am having trouble with the website, not easy to search. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

Does $20 include the extra shipping?

For me yes, but looks like the price increased slightly. https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a230r.1.14.19.37c34346i0PS8O&id=545256270584&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

it was 111 before extra shipping and now I think it’s 118. 

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

For me yes, but looks like the price increased slightly. https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a230r.1.14.19.37c34346i0PS8O&id=545256270584&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

it was 111 before extra shipping and now I think it’s 118. 

The site doesn't automatically switch to desktop mode when visiting on a PC, so I get the mobile site blown up on my 4k monitor lol

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The site doesn't automatically switch to desktop mode when visiting on a PC, so I get the mobile site blown up on my 4k monitor lol

Lol, here is the original post with the link:

On 2/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, rdrunner said:

Try this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.19.37c34346i0PS8O&id=545256270584&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

Select the "透明替换件 搭配飞机 89" option for the clear parts only.  When I did that it showed a price of 99 RMB (USD 14.77)