change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:44 AM, Slave IV said:

No 1/3000 for this thread?:(

Macross_HMR_VF-1A_Arcadia_SDF-1.jpg.a83770d19c0e0074d744b275e5633c05.jpg

Just focus on 1/100 then:D

It say 1/3K on the title though it did say 1/3000 in the past, the Admin change the title. But feel free to post yours I haven posted mine yet too busy.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Saburo said:

While cleaning Detolf shevles, Delta meets Frontier.

41919105725_cb41be878b_h.jpg

Did you anticipate Bandai releasing the 31J Kai, that you got two super parts?

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Make sure that if you're going to use decal softener, apply a topcoat first on your decal. Without so, the softener will ruin your printed decal. 

Wow, thanks! I would have thought to do it the other way around so thanks for the warning!

54 minutes ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

It say 1/3K on the title though it did say 1/3000 in the past, the Admin change the title. But feel free to post yours I haven posted mine yet too busy.

Ah, I missed that part. Lazy reading on my part. Thanks! I will be taking pics and posting as soon as I get around to opening and then the long process of adding all the small parts.

39 minutes ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

I want to answer this why I have two 31J Supers too. Coz I wanted to do this. And this is prior of the 31J Kai announcement. Which I also have. ^_^

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Wait, people buy more than one of each Macross DX release?:ph34r::lol:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. You don't? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, don’t be silly. That’s crazy talk. :lol:

Well... If collectors have serious money to spend, then why not right?  ;)

I got in into Macross collecting in November of last year and just focused on the ones that just want and catches my interest. Never bought a second copy of the same valk [except for another 171EX Alto as I really beat the crap out of the first copy and wanted a second one to put the armour parts on and put on display. Got it at a slightly discounted price at mid 14K yen as it was sunburnt (discoloured) and may add weathering detail to make it more unique and to kit bash it with my first version].

Everyone has their own reasons why they get multiple copies of the same valks..

1 minute ago, borgified said:

Well... If collectors have serious money to spend, then why not right?  ;)

I got in into Macross collecting in November of last year and just focused on the ones that just want and catches my interest. Never bought a second copy of the same valk [except for another 171EX Alto as I really beat the crap out of the first copy and wanted a second one to put the armour parts on and put on display. Got it at a slightly discounted price at mid 14K yen as it was sunburnt (discoloured) and may add weathering detail to make it more unique and to kit bash it with my first version].

Everyone has their own reasons why they get multiple copies of the same valks..

Yeah, it's all fun and games!:D

I will say, I get more enjoyment out of getting the same Valks, usually in a different color and slightly different style, than I do buying a single version of a new transforming toy for other transforming toy franchises. Something about Macross Valks just speaks to me!

3 hours ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

Saburodamas had ordered extra super parts in case there was a VF-31J Kai release, if Bandai didn't release the Kai the super parts would go up for sale.  :lol:

16 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Saburodamas had ordered extra super parts in case there was a VF-31J Kai release, if Bandai didn't release the Kai the super parts would go up for sale.  :lol:

And good thing that the Kai got released, right? ^_^

Well when the Kai arrives to my house it will have to share the  parts from the other 31J. Cause I just found out NY has just shipped the Kai, took them long, got it at the price I paid for the Kairos on their site after they had me waiting for months.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

At last even though I never got it new from NY I finally got my Kairos in yesterday. It's funny I made  a post on how I can't wait for it to come in and with 55 minutes it shows up at my door. Almost broke my foot on the crap my sister left on the floor getting to the door, that I ran like a ninja.

http://42983021522_eb89c9cb31_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (3) by James R, on Flickr

http://28164169067_e68f6f56f8_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (5) by James R, on Flickr

http://28164168097_003f491790_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (8) by James R, on Flickr

http://28164167307_0d1e2f9a8b_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (10) by James R, on Flickr

http://41223287280_9e9ba42602_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (15) by James R, on Flickr

http://43033553351_a718d0c656_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (18) by James R, on Flickr

http://43033552111_aea0c6079a_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (23) by James R, on Flickr

http://42130992735_bd9d9e0a5b_b.jpgDX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Alpha Flight Use (29) by James R, on Flickr

Kairos. Although the fact I am still waiting for NY to come through for me might be causing me to have a bias of desire. I think I'd still go with the Kairos if I had both in front of me. I really like the more standard military colors.

As for your pictures they are both equally beautiful.

I like the Chronos better. Love how the arms are stored and I think it has a more unique chest section. The VF-31 looks more like a Frontier Valkyrie with the nosecone as a chest. The Chronos has also a unique Gerwalk-Mode with the ability to rotate the legs at the waist swivel.

Two things are obvious:

1. Bandai needs to release more variants of the Chronos.
  2. We need one or more add-on sets that provide us with more weapon pods. 

It's hard for me to remain unbiased regarding the 30 v 31 discussion since I'm selling my last YF-30 in the For Sale Section, but I honestly do like the 31 more.

I like the Fighter and Battroid modes better (I'm not a fan of Gerwalk and so no comment either way there). Contrary to Scyla (no offense meant at all) I really love that the 31 is reminiscent of Frontier Valkyrie designs.

And awesome pictures as always Saburo, you're actually making me want to keep the Chronos even though I really want to sell it to make space. lol

-b.

5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

None taken. You like what you like. :)

Cool, and agreed!  :)

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Now now, there's plenty of different valks for everyone's varying tastes!

Besides, we all know the 25 > 30/31 series. :)

Now where's my re-renewal Messiah, Bandai?

There certainly are enough Valks out there to appeal to just about everyone who likes planes and robots.

Frontier>Delta

31>25>30

:p

-b.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Now now, there's plenty of different valks for everyone's varying tastes!

Besides, we all know the 25 > 30/31 series. :)

Now where's my re-renewal Messiah, Bandai?

They could use some better hips/shoulders.

4 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Kairos. Although the fact I am still waiting for NY to come through for me might be causing me to have a bias of desire. I think I'd still go with the Kairos if I had both in front of me. I really like the more standard military colors.

As for your pictures they are both equally beautiful.

Thank you @Boobytrap, I hope you get your Kairos.

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

*snip*

And awesome pictures as always Saburo, you're actually making me want to keep the Chronos even though I really want to sell it to make space. lol

-b.

LOL, thanks! 

Somebody buy KB's VF-30 is an awesome Valk.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, Slave IV said:

Kairos color on Chronos would be ideal. Great pics all around!

^THIS!!

Since getting the 31A last week I couldn’t resist and bid on a used YF-30 just because I liked the shape of the 31A fighter mode so much. Bandai can have direct access to my bank to draw funds the day they announce a Chronos in 31A color scheme... :D

On 6/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, Saburo said:

One more pic. :D

41212084712_9e7fe34990_h.jpg

Great pic as always :)

i love how your dark background and the soft lighting on the valks make them stand out. Do you use a light box or is this a more sophisticated studio setup? I was thinking of getting the amazon basics portable studio for taking shots of my valks, but not sure if it has a black background option. 

Edited by rdrunner