1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I have been going through my older photos and reprocessing some of my favorite shots/Valks. I have been using the techniques I had learned and applying them to the old photos.  The changes are not dramatic, but more subtle refinements.

So here's the fir first one since its the 27th today in the US.

vf-27.jpg

Man, love how those colors pop!

8 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Didn't MacrossJunkie do that to his? Can't remember off hand.

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Pretty sure he did..seems like I remember going.."damn..those look badass.."

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

This is the standard reply when we see his work:D

Found it! @MacrossJunkie's VF-27. :wub:

Page 79. Imagine this besides Mirage's VF-31C. And yes, it looks badass! ^_^ 

Super_VF-27_Brera_battroid_01.jpg

Super_VF-27_Brera_battroid_02.jpg

Super_VF-27_Brera_fighter_03.jpg

Super_VF-27_Brera_fighter_04.jpg

Super_VF-27_Brera_fighter_01.jpg

Super_VF-27_Brera_fighter_02.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Thank you everyone, it was nice to go back through old photos. I'll post a few more later.

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Found it! @MacrossJunkie's VF-27. :wub:

Page 79. Imagine this besides Mirage's VF-31C. And yes, it looks badass! ^_^

@no3Ljm,  you are the master of the archives and @MacrossJunkie weathered Valks are always amazing. I'd love to photograph them.

Edited by Saburo

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

hey @Saburo clicking on noel's link reminded me of the boxing face-off pic between the chronos and the percival! 
Warm fuzzy feeling's again today of the shot you took :D that's what photo's do to ya...

Hi @seti88, whats funny is that I had forgotten that I had taken that shot and clicking @no3Ljm link I saw the pic "oh yeah, I remember that." :D Good to know my old photos have an impact on people. :)

12 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Good to know my old photos have an impact on people. :)

No, they don't. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm only saying that because I love recoloring your photos for color custom studies. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

Hi @seti88, whats funny is that I had forgotten that I had taken that shot and clicking @no3Ljm link I saw the pic "oh yeah, I remember that." :D Good to know my old photos have an impact on people. :)

and also has impact to the wallet! haha.. ultimately tho...we swipe our own credit cards, so keep on shooting them beauty shots!:D

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No, they don't. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm only saying that because I love recoloring your photos for color custom studies. ^_^

and it looks realistic! I know that swayed me to keep hayate's blue packs on messer's valk hehe.....

8 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Those pics of the 27 remind me that again that it's the only enemy VF design that I like :wub:.

(sorry SV 51 & 262 lovers)

-b.

Hmmm the 27 seems a little like the 31 on steroids? Maybe thats the appeal of the 31....a slimmed down 27!

Yes.... I should be working on a research idea paper for one of my classes, and a final report paper for another class *sigh* I can honestly say that Macross toy collecting has made me less productive academically. I got nothing done Wednesday. I stayed at home staring out the window all day waiting for USPS to come with my VE-1 Elintseeker... which never came, so I guess I will be spending Thursday doing the same thing. 

*cry*

Why can't packages be tracked via GPS like Uber Eats deliveries can?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yes.... I should be working on a research idea paper for one of my classes, and a final report paper for another class *sigh* I can honestly say that Macross toy collecting has made me less productive academically. I got nothing done Wednesday. I stayed at home staring out the window all day waiting for USPS to come with my VE-1 Elintseeker... which never came, so I guess I will be spending Thursday doing the same thing. 

*cry*

Why can't packages be tracked via GPS like Uber Eats deliveries can?

Don't think of yourself being less productive academically. Why not try to mix both? Like make a research idea based on all of this. There's probably a certain aspects that you can put it in your research by diving more into its core. ;)

Oh, why not try to write your research while glimpsing at your package tracker once in awhile. You kill two birds with one stone, I believe is the saying. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't think of yourself being less productive academically. Why not try to mix both? Like make a research idea based on all of this. There's probably a certain aspects that you can put it in your research by diving more into its core. ;)

Oh, why not try to write your research while glimpsing at your package tracker once in awhile. You kill two birds with one stone, I believe is the saying. :rolleyes:

Funny you should say that...

I literally have my laptop situated in front of my window, just so I can watch for USPS and DHL, Also, I have written about 2 more pages so far for my research idea paper.

As for relating my love of Macross into my research... I sort of am. My research proposal is regarding distributed systems for computing flock-based path finding.  You know how a large flock of birds see to be able to fly together in a big swarm, without birds colliding into each other or having a seeming leader? That sort of concept, except that each "bird" has a networked computing node.. Admittedly, in this case, my motivation is more inspired by Macross missile death, as I am looking at the swarm as objects meant to avoid each other while simultaneously approach a target from multiple attack vectors as a means of curtailing the target's ability to avoid the swarm.  "Birds" that are determined to be unable to intercept their target "self-terminate" away from other "birds" to avoid collateral damage to outsiders or the rest of the flock.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Funny you should say that...

I literally have my laptop situated in front of my window, just so I can watch for USPS and DHL, Also, I have written about 2 more pages so far for my research idea paper.

As for relating my love of Macross into my research... I sort of am. My research proposal is regarding distributed computing for computing flock-based path finding.  You know how a large flock of birds see to be able to fly together in a big swarm, without birds colliding into each other or having a seeming leader? That sort of concept, except that each "bird" has a networked computing node.. Admittedly, in this case, my motivation is more inspired by Macross missile death, as I am looking at the swarm as objects meant to avoid each other while simultaneously approach a target from multiple attack vectors as a means of curtailing the target's ability to avoid the swarm.  "Birds" that are determined to be unable to intercept their target "self-terminate" away from other "birds" to avoid collateral damage to outsiders or the rest of the flock.

You're not going to call your research "Itano Circus" by any chance, do you? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

With a grin, I hope? :rolleyes:

Anyways, good luck on your research. ;)

Definitely with a grin.

Fortunately, the notion of Macross missile death or "Itano Circus" is nothing new... obviously. I just have to keep secret whatever actual algorithms / approaches I come up with... because research scalping is a real thing. Until you publish, you don't tell anyone what you are working on

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Definitely with a grin.

Fortunately, the notion of Macross missile death or "Itano Circus" is nothing new... obviously. I just have to keep secret whatever actual algorithms / approaches I come up with... because research scalping is a real thing. Until you publish, you don't tell anyone what you are working on

Duly noted. Anyways, wishing you all the best to your studies and ofcourse your Macross puchases. Keep 'em coming. ^_^

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Skull Squadron

41169390812_5f31e51998_h.jpg

This one looks awesome as always, Saburo. :wub:  :good:

But can't help doing this too. Just want to see how it looks. So please forgive me. ^_^

41169390812_5f31e51998_h2.jpg.c6960b65e97062e1f3dd2247ab0817ae.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Noel, fishing for downvotes? :p what abt a black skull on yellow tho....

...with apologies to saburo also. But hopefully if its just color concept testing, its not extreme modifications to the pic without permission.
Totally understandable not to modify the picture in any way.

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

...with apologies to saburo also. But hopefully if its just color concept testing, its not extreme modifications to the pic without permission.

Hahaha! I don't mind the downvotes, Seti. ;)

I'll try the black skull on yellow tomorrow. The edited file is at work. I hope that if it looks nice, you do it on your Valk, ok? ^_^

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet!

Thank you @Slave IV!

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This one looks awesome as always, Saburo. :wub:  :good:

But can't help doing this too. Just want to see how it looks. So please forgive me. ^_^

*snip*

No worries, @no3Ljm! I know you are just having fun with it.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Haha, I don't mind @seti88, @no3Ljm has asked me for permission many times before if he could modify my pics. I am grateful that people ask me. I know there lots of people out there that don't.

2 hours ago, spanner said:

Amazing photos as always Saburo! :good::hail:

Thank you @spanner!

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Fantastic group pic! 

#noyellowheatshields

Thank you @Lolicon!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'll try the black skull on yellow tomorrow. The edited file is at work. I hope that if it looks nice, you do it on your Valk, ok? ^_^

I am curious to see what the black on yellow heatshield would look like.  :D

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Haha you know I don't have them skillz! But since u started the ball rolling,  who knows maybe some nice customs will come out of it from macross world!:D