change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Sure thing.

5aaa99228fc9b_basaragamlin01.thumb.jpg.91935d6f50c89aea682eda1aebb02db5.jpg

5aaa9924632ce_basaragamlin02.thumb.jpg.e9229dd86ead41896a1e1d127d473b08.jpg

Thanks Lolicon! Now you're making me really want a Gamlin. But to be honest, they really look good together. ^_^ 

Is Lolicon an enabler? If that's the case, what makes of Saburo? Super Enabler? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@Lolicon please STOP posting great pics like that...I'm really trying to convince myself to sell some of my Valks and you sir are NOT helping! 

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Nothing yet....contemplating some things to help pay for the honeymoon. Stay tuned to the For Sale thread or PM me

Let me help you finance a little. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Nothing yet....contemplating some things to help pay for the honeymoon. Stay tuned to the For Sale thread or PM me

You're going to sell off your valks? :o

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is Lolicon an enabler? If that's the case, what makes of Saburo? Super Enabler? :rolleyes:

Hey! I'd prefer to referred to as the second enabler! :lol:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love how it looks. :wub:

basaragamlin01.jpg.92bf4323c226dcfce71d0e0467a4ef51.jpg

basaragamlin02.jpg.b0cdade70ad333cf7539ed7be5a58eaa.jpg

Ohhh it looks pretty nice with a tinted canopy.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You're going to sell off your valks? :o

Hey! I'd prefer to referred to as the second enabler! :lol:

Ohhh it looks pretty nice with a tinted canopy.

After trying on adding color on the tint via Photoshop, it makes me want more of Gamlin's VF-22S. Really looks good with VF-19P. :wub: Getting Gamlin's ride for sure will probably stop me from planning on making a custom Hikaru scheme for it. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

A bullseye

Bullseye! :lol:

5 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

tumblr_niaqirAzhr1s40tcxo5_r1_500.gif

There is this, not sure if it is the only one.

Hmmm not really digging the green arrow. There's the weird brownie/Kakizaki hybrid that floats by the park window near the end just to get blown up, but that's just another skull unit.

I guess I'll just take something from real world aircraft. :lol:

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Who likes magic brownies?

BTW, anyone know what insignias the CF units are supposed to have?

I'll try to check the Master File tonight if there's any. This is whether TV or DYRL, correct?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Hmmm not really digging the green arrow. There's the weird brownie/Kakizaki hybrid that floats by the park window near the end just to get blown up, but that's just another skull unit.

I guess I'll just take something from real world aircraft. :lol:

@sh9000 asked basically the same thing in the HMR thread, I believe, so you could check there.  There are some video game insignias that aren't official canon but look pretty good.

If you dig through my comment history you might be able to find them.  I could probably find it if you really want.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'll try to check the Master File tonight if there's any. This is whether TV or DYRL, correct?

It's a DYRL unit but it doesn't really matter to me if it's a TV insignia. 

I forgot I have the master file books stashed away somewhere too. :lol:

After months of vacillation, I've decided not to supplant my old Hikaru 1S with that shiny new PF version as it would just bother me to no end if even one of my DYRL skull squadron valkyries had a different white and no rainbow canopy. But that means I needed to get my old 1S up to snuff, which means once again slaving over a hot stove decal sheet.

So, after taking the strike packs from the PF 1S and an ill-gotten Hasegawa decal sheet, I set to work. They have the RO-X24 marking and 'NO STEP' spelled correctly. :rolleyes:

This is going to take me awhile...

5ab45c22bb4d7_VF-1SHikaruWIP01.jpg.abec269291ede40a832da02a9110ffb1.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

After months of vacillation, I've decided not to supplant my old Hikaru 1S with that shiny new PF version as it would just bother me to no end if even one of my DYRL skull squadron valkyries had a different white and no rainbow canopy. But that means I needed to get my old 1S up to snuff, which means once again slaving over a hot stove decal sheet.

So, after taking the strike packs from the PF 1S and an ill-gotten Hasegawa decal sheet, I set to work. They have the RO-X24 marking and 'NO STEP' spelled correctly. :rolleyes:

This is going to take me awhile...

I'm pretty sure you're also going to enjoy applying it. ;)

Have fun, Lolicon! Can't wait to see the finished product. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, HardlyNever said:

@sh9000 asked basically the same thing in the HMR thread, I believe, so you could check there.  There are some video game insignias that aren't official canon but look pretty good.

AFA92F64-3DAB-42F3-9307-E6631E8E9FDB.thumb.jpeg.7f5ef0dc683c07a04af41b73d1ade6b7.jpeg

I still personally like this one.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:35 PM, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure you're also going to enjoy applying it. ;)

Have fun, Lolicon! Can't wait to see the finished product. 

So many decals, so little time. But had some time to premium up the premium finish strike parts. ^_^

5ab7c2a411679_VF-1SHikaruWIP02.jpg.8dae27a5dfe648b5f2ba543783973879.jpg

Beautiful!!!!  Turned out great.  Wish I had an extra Hasegawa sheet lying around.  I'm just piecing "close is good enough" stuff from my spares :(

Those look great Lolicon! Over here my mother in law found these glass display bases cleaning out her aunt's house for an estate sale and wondered if I wanted them... I immediately thought...Valk display! What do you guys think? I have 4 of them.. could make one detolf have just 4 of my most popular Valks...just messing around with it today... kinda limits you to one Valk per shelf though.. 

20180325_125416.jpg

20180325_125442.jpg

20180325_125453.jpg

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Those look great Lolicon! Over here my mother in law found these glass display bases cleaning out her aunt's house for an estate sale and wondered if I wanted them... I immediately thought...Valk display! What do you guys think? I have 4 of them.. could make one detolf have just 4 of my most popular Valks...just messing around with it today... kinda limits you to one Valk per shelf though.. 

20180325_125416.jpg

20180325_125442.jpg

20180325_125453.jpg

They look really good but not very space efficient. I wouldn't want to give up valuable real estate for one figure unless I had a mansion with collection rooms. Still, I'd definitely use the bases for photos and showcasing a figure at the office or something like that. 

4 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Beautiful!!!!  Turned out great.  Wish I had an extra Hasegawa sheet lying around.  I'm just piecing "close is good enough" stuff from my spares :(

Thanks! BTW I found the unused section of the decal sheet I took off a Hasegawa VF-1S strike valkyrie from years ago that contains the RO-X24 marking. Did you still need it?

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

20180325_125416.jpg

20180325_125442.jpg

20180325_125453.jpg

Very nice! If you've got the space to spare for single valk displays like that, then even better! :)

Eeep! You have more decals! Love it! :wub: Should've used Hasegawa's on mine too. Hehehe. :lol:

Just to confirm, did you use the 1/72 scaled decals here? Is it the original or copy?

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

So many decals, so little time. But had some time to premium up the premium finish strike parts. ^_^

5ab7c2a411679_VF-1SHikaruWIP02.jpg.8dae27a5dfe648b5f2ba543783973879.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Original. Copies only work well on white surfaces.

True. I actually starting to hate the 1/60 ones that I used due to white ink bleeds on all of those red word decals. And I don't want to spend too much and buy an original kit just to get the real decal. I have a few VF-1's that I want to decal with for me to spend a lot. If only Hasegawa sells its own decals like Bandai. ^_^ 

By the way, is the 1/72 scale decal doesn't look too small for 1/60? Thanks! ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True. I actually starting to hate the 1/60 ones that I used due to white ink bleeds on all of those red word decals. And I don't want to spend too much and buy an original kit just to get the real decal. I have a few VF-1's that I want to decal with for me to spend a lot. If only Hasegawa sells its own decals like Bandai. ^_^ 

By the way, is the 1/72 scale decal doesn't look too small for 1/60? Thanks! ;) 

Luckily the VF-1s are mostly white, so using your own printed decals is alright, for the most part. Those grey market decals are okay, but definitely a step below Hasegawa quality. 

The 1/72 scale decals mostly look fine on the 1/60 scale stuff, with a few exceptions. The size difference between 1/60 and 1/72 is not huge. Not as big as the jump to 1/48, at least. 

I have been going through my older photos and reprocessing some of my favorite shots/Valks. I have been using the techniques I had learned and applying them to the old photos.  The changes are not dramatic, but more subtle refinements.

So here's the fir first one since its the 27th today in the US.

vf-27.jpg

6 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Happy Birthday Isamu! WIP Arcadia YF-19 with TREX supers. I gotta clean it up more. Wanted it to look like the Macross Chronicle version.

40153901825_e8109086e1_c.jpg.0d8bda1b39aa1ae48a8c886563c488aa.jpg40153903355_d2402d0eae_c.jpg.6166313f7a01c9d4943d17a1ee584f64.jpg40153898135_df090916e3_c.jpg.f603aea8ecc3ed36a247333b5e61d85d.jpg

I like the shape and proportions of the Arcadia YF-19 more than the Bandai VF-19, and having the super parts added just makes it so much better! :wub:

2 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I have been going through my older photos and reprocessing some of my favorite shots/Valks. I have been using the techniques I had learned and applying them to the old photos.  The changes are not dramatic, but more subtle refinements.

vf-27.jpg

Looks fantastic! I think the VF-27 is the only Frontier valk where the glossy plastic really works. Gives it a more... "alien" look, along with the colors.

11 minutes ago, Saburo said:

vf-27.jpg

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I like the shape and proportions of the Arcadia YF-19 more than the Bandai VF-19, and having the super parts added just makes it so much better! :wub:

Looks fantastic! I think the VF-27 is the only Frontier valk where the glossy plastic really works. Gives it a more... "alien" look, along with the colors.

Agreed on the Arcadia's YF-19. Love it more than the Bandai's VF-19. :wub:

And stop saying something good about the VF-27. I already stopped looking at @Saburo's Gerwalk pic of this so I don't need to spend more and then now you're saying something good. :lol: