1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Apologies for the phone camera, but ever since I saw this configuration, I've wanted to do it, and I've never seen anyone post it on here...

It's the red, white, and blue! Episode 14 special!! With a black gunpod. Because why would anyone want a lavender gunpod?

post-7869-0-02573700-1422795108_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-67068700-1422795110_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-93529900-1422795778_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-03739100-1422795785_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-85445500-1422795791_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-43167700-1422795797_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-62314300-1422795802_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-49021300-1422795807_thumb.jpg

post-7869-0-47233100-1422795813_thumb.jpg

Yeah the darker gun pod color looks a lot better eh!

And im honna have to re-watch Frontier as i totally cant remember Alto using Michaels super parts! Looks very cool though! ;)

I remember that scene, he did equip Michael super together with Fold booster that was lying around in SPACE

That is a mean group of kids. Good thing they have a chaperone.

And gunmetal is better than purple.

Man those kids get the cool stuff. ;)

nice squad! don't like purple guns?

I like the purple guns, but I like the gunmetal ones even more. :D The purple gunpods were given to the CF pilots. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Man those kids get the cool stuff. ;)

I like the purple guns, but I like the gunmetal ones even more. :D The purple gunpods were given to the CF pilots. :lol:

i need to swoosh around a vf-25 after seeing that photo shot

i need to swoosh around a vf-25 after seeing that photo shot

You need your daily amount of swooshing.

rambo%20original.gif

Mahalo!

I got three Ozmas and three CFs so I can totally do the gunmetal thing too! The non-lavender gunpods are much better by far so screw canon :p

Nice pics, Saburo :)

Thanks! Give the lavender gunpods to the CF pilots. :p:lol:

A few more pics:

16235504260_f110ca28f1_b.jpg

16235504440_8137eb1b6f_b.jpg

16235849189_2248bd5470_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Saburo I must ask, you painted ozma's armor black right? Doesn't it come in gray like altos? Either way amazing shots!!

Thanks DWN013, and no I did not paint Ozma's armor. It comes molded in a dark blue/grey color.

Awesome shots, Saburo! Makes me want to complete my Skull Squadron as well. Total rockstars they are!

Thank you. They are awesome. I wanted the 25G with Tornado Parts but the wings are too large to fit in my Detolf with another Valk. :(

Edited by Saburo

Thank you. They are awesome. I wanted the 25G with Tornado Parts but the wings are too large to fit in my Detolf with another Valk. :(

I made the 25F in fighter with tornado and the VF-27 in battroid. The 25F is on a flightpose stand though, I am pretty sure a small arm yeti stand could do the same

I made the 25F in fighter with tornado and the VF-27 in battroid. The 25F is on a flightpose stand though, I am pretty sure a small arm yeti stand could do the same

I have a 25G Tornado and 26G Super displayed in fighter mode on a yetistand and it fits nicely on a detolf shelf. When I tried 25G Tornado and a 25F armored in battroid mode, there was no room to display both nicely on a detolf shelf. :(

I have a 25G Tornado and 26G Super displayed in fighter mode on a yetistand and it fits nicely on a detolf shelf. When I tried 25G Tornado and a 25F armored in battroid mode, there was no room to display both nicely on a detolf shelf. :(

Challenge accepted, I have to try it this weekend

Edited by Xigfrid

*snip*

I have the same problem with my VF-25G so I removed the engine nacelles and stored them behind the Valkyrie. I think the design would have benefited from a rotation to move them out of the way. Instead the Tornado Messiah is just to wide for his own good. ^_^

Challenge accepted, I have to try it this weekend

Awesome!

I have the same problem with my VF-25G so I removed the engine nacelles and stored them behind the Valkyrie. I think the design would have benefited from a rotation to move them out of the way. Instead the Tornado Messiah is just to wide for his own good. ^_^

I agree. I thought the Armored parts took up quite a bit of space, but after the Tornado pack the Armored parts look really compact. :p

Wow, brave. I don't dare leave the Tornado Parts on my 25's. There's just too much flexing for me to feel safe leaving them on. I had to settle for Super parts and the Tornado cannons for my G in Battroid and an in-atmosphere bare Gerwalk with the cannons attached for my Alto.

Edited by Mommar

Wow, brave. I don't dare leave the Tornado Parts on my 25's. There's just too much flexing for me to feel safe leaving them on. I had to settle for Super parts and the Tornado cannons for my G in Battroid and an in-atmosphere bare Gerwalk with the cannons attached for my Alto.

I have it displayed in fighter mode. I have checked on it a few times and its holding up well.

Edited by Saburo

I have a 25A with Alto's tornado parts on its bandai stand (lower orientation) plus a 171cf bare on its bandai stand (higher orientation). They just about fit together on a shelf in the detolf.

Can't post a pic as I'm miles away from my babies. :(

Apparently I'm a liar lol! Bottom right.

post-29332-0-11389200-1422994766_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Old Man

Thanks, yeah it's really cool and was a fun build.

Shame I couldn't get the Tumbler on there aswell. ;)

Regarding how the Tornado wings are holding up, I think the fix that Saburo posted is a great help in keeping the wings from flexing. Thanks again for that mate. :)

Edited by The Old Man

Saburo's fix for Tornado is magical, I must thank you for it too ;)

I could get the Armored 25s together with the 25F "Atmosphere version" Tornado (I much prefer this version compared to the complete version).

Anyway, if you get the 25F much higher, I am pretty sure you can have the Full Tornado to fit into the space.

post-15880-0-79427800-1423001706_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-00326400-1423001709_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, phone and dark room doesn't go well together

Edited by Xigfrid

I have a 25A with Alto's tornado parts on its bandai stand (lower orientation) plus a 171cf bare on its bandai stand (higher orientation). They just about fit together on a shelf in the detolf.

Can't post a pic as I'm miles away from my babies. :(

Apparently I'm a liar lol! Bottom right.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Awww the Executor jumped into hyperspace and left the system? :(

Thanks, yeah it's really cool and was a fun build.

Shame I couldn't get the Tumbler on there aswell. ;)

Regarding how the Tornado wings are holding up, I think the fix that Saburo posted is a great help in keeping the wings from flexing. Thanks again for that mate. :)

Glad it the fix is working well for you, mine are still holding up.

Saburo's fix for Tornado is magical, I must thank you for it too ;)

I could get the Armored 25s together with the 25F "Atmosphere version" Tornado (I much prefer this version compared to the complete version).

Anyway, if you get the 25F much higher, I am pretty sure you can have the Full Tornado to fit into the space.

attachicon.gifIMG_6295.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6296.JPG

Sorry for the bad quality, phone and dark room doesn't go well together

Glad to help with the Tornado fix.

Ah that works, I was trying to get both the Tornado and Armored to fit in Battroid mode.

Here's the current setup.

1A27EAA5-78FA-44B6-AD86-A7DA26F8E619_zps

4FFBF4DB-9382-466E-A769-CD5CA7F37E44_zps