Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Can't say this was a very happy moment yesterday......you know..I knew trying these old Ban Dai kits was gonna be hard as they SUCK ASS compared to modern kits, but I was holding out hope that I could manage it....apparently not. Cheap P.O.S. plastic..and painting it has been a nightmare... Oh well....here's hoping at some point Toynami releases a 1:100 Glaug. No hope for this one I don't think...I officially give up. :angry::mellow::( Onwards and upwards to my Moebious Galactica!

post-11393-0-61921200-1324216920_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-54780600-1324216979_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Thank you guys! I'm still a novice in this kind of hobby, just learned a thing or two... from you guys here in MW.

most specially to master wmcheng

started on my Galactica kit last night. What a great kit! pratically had all the sub assemblies built in 4 hrs..decided to add some of my leftover SDF-1 photoetch parts to the totally plane interior of where the landing bays retract into..just to give a little detail in that area..looks good! Will post a pic later.

started on my Galactica kit last night. What a great kit! pratically had all the sub assemblies built in 4 hrs..decided to add some of my leftover SDF-1 photoetch parts to the totally plane interior of where the landing bays retract into..just to give a little detail in that area..looks good! Will post a pic later.

It really is a great kit, your lucky you had those spare SDF-1 PE parts!

I'm not impressed by the quality of the decals, they're pretty stiff and immune to my decal softener, so I decided to paint the colonial emblem. Another plus was that I could use pale gold paint there. The emblem is pretty shattered by the panel trenches, but it's enough that something's there.

6556181337_f7fd4d283b_z.jpg

Also, big city lights on the lower decks:

6556181523_f360e6484e_z.jpg

They give a nice sense of scale.

Thanks Cesar! The LED's were not as hard as thought they would be to install, its looks awesome at night all lit up!

And might I say your VF-1J is one of the best looking 1/72's I've seen in a long time and LED's really make it superb. B))

Cesar, just out of interested where you put the batteries for the LED's on the 1/72, they look great.

Hands up who's gonna be gluing and painting come Christmas day when T.V gets boring and everyone else falls asleep ?

Edited by big F

Photoetch BSG fun on Xmas day! .....

ps...those two runway decals suck to get down right.... <_<:mellow:

I wondered how those PE parts were to be used. And yes the runway decals are pretty bad. On my decal sheet the Starboard landing bay was ok, but the Port bay with the museum windows cracked and ripped. I had to get creative.

Edited by 505thAirborne