Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I was referring to your example below that you plan for the UN Air Force. But if don't plan to make this scheme anymore, I already like the green scheme very much

You beat me down damnit.... been looking at this again and again and after getting the ground troops today and NOT wanting them to look like US Marines I'm caving in and repainting things in the Urban Splinter camo

Kayak-M90-Camo-Edition.jpg

Finished off the Lancer II today. FYI for anyone building one, the decals are NOT sealed, I didn't know this so the ink literally just melted off the paper. So I had to go with some unused 1:60 VT-1 stickers. Whatever. Turned out pretty good I guess. Onwards!

Lovely work on that! One of several favorites designs from the show. Sad it didn't get more air time.

1/48 hasegawa YF-19 and frame arms girl Materia

Finished off the Lancer II today. FYI for anyone building one, the decals are NOT sealed, I didn't know this so the ink literally just melted off the paper. So I had to go with some unused 1:60 VT-1 stickers. Whatever. Turned out pretty good I guess. Onwards!

Nice to see some Macross kits get done. Both look great.

Anything with a U.N. Spacey decal makes my heart go thump.

Thanks guys! I don't know if it's just cause im gettin older or maybe the new generation of Star Wars Bandai kits is spoiling me, but I just can't get motivated to do these old Macross kits, they are sooo much work and so hard to mask in this guy's case. But I do want a Scout Regult.. *siiigh*.. onwards..

post-11393-0-70152100-1458866975_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

I've just received the "crystal clear nylon elastic" lines, and they are so not tight that I decided to go all the way with metal 0.5mm wires to replace the too big copper wire I already used. They are ordered and on their way now!

In the mean time I began the slight sand the figure and applied the first primer layer, I already love this Vajra! And you know what ? If the metal wires are strong enough, that would push me to go bigger, you see what I mean, bigger like the red ones ;)

post-15880-0-99057800-1458942428_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-55232200-1458942429_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-99123800-1458942429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

Already finished with the primary build, seams are puttied, just waiting to dry so I can sand them. Man, those Hasegawa kits can go together fast!!

Took a brave pill over the weekend and masked off and painted all the light grey parts for the Scout. Only the blue part on the head remains!...then the fun of assembly actually begins. more to come!

nice! look really good mate! B)) I think I need to get me some of those "bravery" pills and start tackling some kits of my own.. -_-:rolleyes:

Starting on a new kit, hopefully it'll be done before Shizuoka. No pics, but I'll tell you the name:

VT-11 Emu

You building a Capital Ship Killer?

lol uhuh... so its a 2 seater Capital Ship killer then... Intrigued so see this now!

I'm messing round with using that excess Gundam Vulcan cannon on a Super pack and maybe chopping up some Warhammer 40K Tau Battlesuit Railguns for some EMU packs.

Or is it the next logical step from the VT-1 Ostrich, the VT-11 Emu (or maybe Cassowary, Moa, Kiwi to save confusion with the E.M.U. projects?)

Edited by NZEOD

I have been working on this one today since I just bought 0.6mm diameter steel wire. Steel wire was so tough, that I scratch the paint when trying to pass the wire through the figure. At the end, the Vajra is really tight now, I will probably look for a weaker metal wire.

I also need to fix the paint before sealing it, but I couldn't resist to take a few pictures as is.

post-15880-0-90803600-1459374246_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-48479200-1459374266_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-96521200-1459374276_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-23373600-1459374290_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-61538900-1459374315_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-43626900-1459374353_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-73234600-1459374363_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-98336500-1459374388_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-84098200-1459374403_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-00996200-1459374407_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-30206700-1459374409_thumb.jpg

I have been working on this one today since I just bought 0.6mm diameter steel wire. Steel wire was so tough, that I scratch the paint when trying to pass the wire through the figure. At the end, the Vajra is really tight now, I will probably look for a weaker metal wire.

I also need to fix the paint before sealing it, but I couldn't resist to take a few pictures as is.

Looks great. You're doing very good with Sketchup as all those organic looking parts would give me a headache trying to figure out how to create.

Don't leave it lying around the house. If I seen this lying around and I didn't know it'd be an insta smash with the Slippers or Shoes!

This kit is right up there with bad dental visits on my list of fun things...I'm never doing another old Macross kit, especially a Regult. I'll gladly pay Bandai $55 for a HM-R version should they do one. Does that make me a bad guy?..whatever! So be it!

post-11393-0-65896500-1459555863_thumb.jpg

This kit is right up there with bad dental visits on my list of fun things...I'm never doing another old Macross kit, especially a Regult. I'll gladly pay Bandai $55 for a HM-R version should they do one. Does that make me a bad guy?..whatever! So be it!

What's bad about it ? I have one that I was planning to build.

It was designed and made in the 80's. Horrible cheap plastic, terrible parts fit, so lots of seam filling. Masking a lot of complex shapes with curves which I am not good at, and it's just been one of those one step forward, 3 steps back kinda builds. I knew all of this going in, but still...maybe I'm just getting old and lazy, I think I just prefer modern kits.

Good on ya Derex, there's no school like the old school! You'll make it work!

Looking good Xigfrid! I'd smash it with my slipper too! No, a baseball bat, too scary looking to get that close! :o - MT

IMG_20160403_123842_zpsctwxenwt.jpg

That's a cool shot (and nice work). I've never seen the VF-1D and VT-1 cockpits side by side like that - I knew they were different, but I didn't realize how much more the VT-1 seats were compressed together. I guess I need to open up that kit!

its 3.5mm x 4.5mm. Its nothing fancy and anyone here can do it. I used Inkscape freeware as the vector program (all decals etc should be made in vector format as it is lossless when scaled up or down) and downloaded a freeware freehand arrow Vector pack and a freeware font pack called Permanent Marker. Its printed in plain A4 paper.

This one was just a test piece to see if the idea would work. I'll be making a slightly smaller one for the final version once the pilots are painted up, hopefully tonight.

All my models have a small joke hidden somewhere on them. Legacy of being in uniform so long. You'd be amazed at the things we get up too to let off steam. I tagged an M113 as "Canned Veggies" for its crew as our infantry wear green berets so get called Cabbages.

I've tagged a SeaKing for the Aussies called the Suai Sally - The Timor Express. YOu park a vehicle, ANY vehicle, whether a ute, a Humvee or even an armoured vehicle unattended near any unit while on deployment and you can expect it to be tagged with that units logo or mascot within minutes.

Check the rear of military vehicles, especially Commonwealth ones, and you'll see all sorts of small odd logos and numbers and symbols sprayed on them.

Edited by NZEOD

Oh yeah, I've seen them plenty. Especially at air shows. Always fun to try to find them.

I actually thought you'd hand written that little poster in the cockpit. Hence my admiration for your abilities. Now that I know you printed it, well I simply can't follow anything you build, ever again. ;)

Love your work!

Check the rear of military vehicles, especially Commonwealth ones, and you'll see all sorts of small odd logos and numbers and symbols sprayed on them.

I did my apprenticeship for a civilian run repair facility for the Royal Navy our workshop was next door to one of the paint shops, the standard paint stencils used to get all sorts of "additions" by the request of the units and pilots.

Thanks for the tip about the Freeware vector program, all the paid for ones I have are way to much faf for my liking.

If you ever need something made up I can always work it for you then email the .eps or .ai vector file back to you to print out. I used to make the stencils up for my guys to slap on anything and everything. Helped pass the time between weeks of boredom and moments of tension when your stuck in the back side of god knows where.

Making some silhouettes of some Zentraedi capital ship for kill markings for some EMU units and some Pod/Anti UN SV-51 kill markings for the Valks.

Edited by NZEOD

Last nights mission while we waited for the Old man to have his CT Scan was to base coat a 1/72 Regult in EXPENSIVE Alclad II Steel and Magnesium so its top paint layer can be chipped and worn off later. I intend to heavily wear the paint but not to rust anything. Rust implies Steel and Iron and that just doesnt seem to fit with the Zentraedi advanced Tech.

Next step is to fit up the LEDs for the Leg and Body sensors - basic red LEDs, Main "Eye" - Programmable Neopixel LED so it pulses and oscillates red shades, and 2 Blue Blinding Ultra Bright LEDs for the main Beam Cannons as well as the wiring and foot socket for the connections to the diorama. The connection will be hidden within a crushed car the Pod has stepped on as its fired on, and blown off its Super pack, the Valk thats hugging the Hotel block.

Very easy kit to build, very fast to assemble, HORRIBLE seam lines and joins with a pointless opening rear hatch - pointless as it opens to an empty hollow detailless space more like a Mr Potato Head! Make sure you have a tube of Putty and lots of sand paper for this one. It also needs 2 spots of clear resin to replicate the two upper body sensors as they left the clear parts for them out for some reason.

Buying some more of these to make bookends like the limited edition ones out of them. Have 4 of the Resin Valks in the kneeling/aiming position for the other side of the bookends.

Edited by NZEOD