Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

That's looking pretty sweet. That's how I do hard-edged camouflage and masking - built myself a Tamiya tape layout on some glass, draw on the patterns and cut out patterns with a fresh blade.

That APC has the near Future "macross-ish" look to it. Well done. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Kenny

I had a photo of an actual Swedish CV9040 under the panel and layed it on a light box to trace out the patterns.

I chose the GtK for the fact it WAS different looking and because at minimum its armed with a Mk19. To pods and 10m troops I figured the more bang for buck the better. MK19 Hi Velocity HEDP seems a better option to 12.7mm ball rounds from an M2 for knocking them down so thats my thinking for the City Scenes and how everything will be armed. Mostly Mk19s, M203s, Barretts, Autocannons and ATGMs. Not so much main tank guns as they firstly wouldnt be able to track a hi speed target with one and second hitting a soft organic body would not initiate the fuse although airbursting Proximity would be messy, but thats useless within a friendly urban area, as even firing one past a building or ridge sets them off. Seen one fail and detonate a round 68m down range of a 105 field gun because of a ridge radar shadow. That was a fun day seaching a 1km grid square with metal detectors looking for the pieces and the fuze to conduct the investigation!

ahh... saving that for the UN Airforce Special Ops Team, Dual wielding Super Pack Valks

Edited by NZEOD

Dremel time on that canopy! The mating surfaces on the canopy has straight edges where as the body has curves.

I see you use Florys as well!

Edited by NZEOD

No, it's the resin kit that was sold here a few months back. Not terrible, but a lot more fit issues than I first thought. The canopy is masked until I'm finished. Had to dye it blue before and install it before main body assembly, seam filling, sanding, primer and paint. Just the black details against white. Hard to do. And same primer, same paint, same time of application and I still have about 3 different shades of white. No idea how the frack that happens. I hate white. Fact.

I hate white too! I avoid it at all costs and I'm about to have to use it on a model. Plus there's the whole yellowing thing too. For white, I like to stick to a rattle can then finish on top of it once cured for a week. Then I detail it with panel lines etc... I may sound "paint racist" but white is just a pain on so many levels! - MT

I hear you! I thought I had learned my lesson on my BSG Viper - DON'T primer it dark grey and then paint white over it. Bad idea. White primer and Tamiya TS Racing White right out of the can is what I went for with this. I didn't decant and airbrush it, because the Tamiya stuff is pretty good right out of the can for a quicky job. Don't know why I got different shades. On well, more importantly I got the cannons glued on straight last night! #winning!

White paint is one of the banes on my molding life. My current solution is to prime with a 1:2 mix of light blue (XF-23) and white even on white parts to give the paintjob some depth, then 3 sessions of airbrushing acrylic white on top (1 session a day) in quick, wet coatings, even after it looks ok after the second pass.

I gave up long ago on using acrylics with resin, I just can't make it work. Only enamels and preferably lacquer on all my resin kits is how I roll. I'm still not a huge fan of acrylics period. I just don't have the time to do 18 million coats of something before it covers, and if you get a hair over zealous, it runs. Then if you handle it more than .2 seconds it gets that "skin oil sheen" to it and looks bad. Sometimes they have their place, but I don't know how people use them exclusively.

For those that had a rough Monday, here's something to lighten up your week courtesy of the local modelling club's Facebook page. Sorry if you're "that guy" :lol: ... - MT

post-2518-0-37754300-1458041569_thumb.jpg

Did you use the decals or you painted the makrs?

I mean the red and black stripes :)

Decals. For the Bandai parts I tried to do painting as much as possible, though.

He is using flory's model wash. Water based clay stuff.

Yes. Black color. Used it for several years now, love it.

Fennek turned up yesterday so started on that last night and modded the camera system as per someone heres suggestion to its at full extension.

One UN Spacy Fennek nearly ready to go.

IMG_20160317_235736_zps8iimqukp.jpgIMG_20160317_235752_zpsv9v3j1g2.jpgIMG_20160317_235931_zpsl9iqdkya.jpgIMG_20160317_235942_zpsn05lgjkn.jpgIMG_20160317_235959_zpsffx8qdx1.jpgIMG_20160318_001526_zps4hfqwdvj.jpg

The final piece of the UN side of the puzzle showed up today. One JGSDF MCV, A Wheeled Tank/Tank Destroyer. I like this one as it can be modelled mid turn with the body rolling as it rounds a corner. This really adds to the sense of movement.

Finished off the Lancer II today. FYI for anyone building one, the decals are NOT sealed, I didn't know this so the ink literally just melted off the paper. So I had to go with some unused 1:60 VT-1 stickers. Whatever. Turned out pretty good I guess. Onwards!

post-11393-0-04476600-1458426058_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-70261400-1458426078_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-02312400-1458426103_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-93725500-1458426121_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I know there are some who are either "Trekkies or Star Warriors" and get a kick out of it. Our pastor even jokingly pointed out that our church seems to have one group sit on one side and one on the other, it's funny! Our bassist always wears some kind of Darth Vader shirt or Vader Christmas sweater for the holidays!

Looks good Derex! Too bad about the decals! That's why I keep a can of artist's fixative and Microsol Superfilm (my bottle's like 20 years old)! I just printed some decals and had them ruined by not letting them dry long enough! The fixative made them run a bit. The Superfilm ate up what was left by the fixative. Now I need more decal paper <_< - MT

Finished off the Lancer II today. FYI for anyone building one, the decals are NOT sealed, I didn't know this so the ink literally just melted off the paper. So I had to go with some unused 1:60 VT-1 stickers. Whatever. Turned out pretty good I guess. Onwards!

:hail: :hail: Why? why? In my country we can only make international purchases just 2 per year? what is lost by absurd rules. :5:

Not anymore!!! Importations are open again!!! Still 50% custom taxes though.

Unfortunately my dear friend, it still regulated 2 purchases per year, I asked the customs inspector Friday to remove a parcel. you have to read the fine print. have a look at

http://www.infobae.com/2016/03/16/1797323-compras-el-exterior-el-envio-puerta-puerta-todavia-no-es-oficial