Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

The painting of the tiny planes is the only part of this kit I'm soooooo not looking forward to!

One thing I was disappointed by was that not all the Cosmo Falcons can be completely built. I think only 4 have the parts to build completely and the rest don't have an underside as they are intended to be on the carousel. :(

I'm planing on displaying the model with the AirWing flying over in formation but I can only use 6 Falcons (2 that came with Yamato and the 4 that can be completely built from the expansion pack) 2 Zero's, and 1 each of the Type 100 and Seagull. The other 2 will be displayed in the hangar. Would have been more impressive to have the majority of the Falcons flying over though. :(

Chris

I'm actually a little disappointed with the builders parts hands, the thumbs on the fists are merged with the index & middle fingers, and the base of the thumbs have a lazily designed shape. The stock fists from the GM Custom have properly separated thumbs, which look a lot better in comparison.

post-2535-0-40665900-1413988299_thumb.jpgpost-2535-0-46607300-1413988698_thumb.jpg

I thought I didn't need to modify the builders parts, but oh well... I was going to anyway. :lol:

what's that, Jeff?

1/4000 scale DYRL SDF-1, from Yellow Submarine. Plan to start building it, so of course Hasegawa has to go and announce that they're making one!

STOP THE PRESS !!

How come I missed that ?

If you're talking about the Hasegawa version, see the link Exo posted.

If you're talking about the Yellow Sub version, this sucker is ancient! However, there are still a few floating around, and with the upcoming Hasegawa release, the price will probably plummet on the resin kits. I picked up a bunch of Club M/Yellow Sub 1/72 VF-1 kits for around 3000 yen (they retailed at around 19,000 originally I believe) thanks to Hasegawa.

Sorry if this is a super noob question but can someone point me in the direction of how to weather the 1/48 toys? I understand panel lining and clear flat coating once you've finished but not sure how to weather the actual white. Is this just done by lightly airbrushing thinned out grey over the white?

Trying to create something akin to kurts custom vf-1s

Not too bad for only 2~3 days worth of building.

post-12411-0-60984700-1414747699_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-38315100-1414747706_thumb.jpg

The part I'm really not looking forward to is painting the ARMD's. The decks are marked very faintly, really going to have to be careful with my masking.

Edited by Jefuemon

They are from the Yellow Submarine resin Valhalla III at 1/700. they are pretty good detailed for that size. There's 2 of each... I am building it to side it with the Imaii Quel-Q Bug's Eye which is close in scale.. (Genius whoever decided to sculpt it on that scale for Yellow Sub)

WIshed I would finish my styrene 1/700 ARMD which has been in storage for the past 5 years. Or find someone else making Macross vessels on that scale..

I am posting a more detailed pic of the munchkings

post-104-0-49748500-1414792584_thumb.jpg

V.

it can look like this when finished =)

SDFFER3_zps082385e9.jpg

SDFFER2_zpsc326a569.jpg

SDFFER_zps860e1229.jpg

That's what I'm shooting for, but those ARMD's are gonna be a bitch to paint.

EDIT- Oh yeah, and I've only got 1 leg/engine left to build (probably finish it today), then on to putty, prime and paint.

Edited by Jefuemon

can't wait for it to be finished...still have one 1/3000 kit and the 1/2000 left to find someone to build it... my builder went M.I.A.

I really, really, really would love to look though your unbuilt resin kit collection.

With a full wallet. And you hopefully open to offers...

@Jefuemon

wow, you sure build fast. glad to see it being put together after years of languishing in my closet.

The building on this kit is pretty easy. It's the detailing that's gonna take some time.