Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Well, got some decaling done on my Strike Valk over the past couple of days:

101_0756.JPG

101_0764.JPG

101_0757.JPG

Of course, my other project needs...er... flying lessons...

101_0758.JPG

Seriously though: what Thom had sent me, I didn't need everything for repair parts, and when I went through some stuff, found I had enough to pull off an OOB build of the VF-1J:

101_0759.JPG

Cockpit went together pretty well, and I'm doing this one up as Hikaru's plane from SDFM:

101_0761.JPG

Not going to do any "heroic" mods, just pretty much out of box on this one. Seams need to be addressed, but that's it for me on this...

101_0762.JPG

...Although it did NEED a chin. That's not major, unless you're Jay Leno. :D

101_0763.JPG

Edited by pengbuzz
cannot spell today; tomorrow not looking so promising either! :P

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Nice work on the Strike. It looks most impressive!

Thanks Thom! Your parts truly brought this back!

This one has a specific character attached to it, and is a tie-in to another creation of mine. ALl I have to do with it really now is just the weathering and to find suitable materials for the reaction weapons (still looking).

14 minutes ago, vincemoto7 said:

That looks awesome pengbuzz, really nice work man!

Did you make the Starfighter decal on the booster?

Yup; they are actually just printed up on paper and heavily clearcoated. Since it was a flat surface and the edge would have served as a hard border anyways, all i had to do was cut it out and glue it into place with elmer's and clearcoat over it when dry.

23 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Yup; they are actually just printed up on paper and heavily clearcoated. Since it was a flat surface and the edge would have served as a hard border anyways, all i had to do was cut it out and glue it into place with elmer's and clearcoat over it when dry.

Glad you're doing a new valk. I bet it will look clean and sexy.

3 hours ago, arbit said:

Glad you're doing a new valk. I bet it will look clean and sexy.

Yeah... even though the first one is pretty clean now and packing a METRIC TON o' firepower! :D

Speaking of which folks: guess what just got finished?

101_0765.JPG

101_0767.JPG

Here comes 'da BOOM!

Edited by pengbuzz

4 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHhhh.... SHINYYYYYY!!!

That looks almost like it is made out of jewles and precious metals! REALLY nice, NZEOD! :D

the blue is candi blue, clear blues over a mirror chrome base. Wanted it as far beyond a NUNS valk as possible. Now its more Naboo Nubian cruiser style!

Working on the Sv-262Ba in Candi Aqua and chrome next.

The TIE looks great Derex!  The laser effects are a nice touch.

Pengbuzz, I'm glad to see your model got spared the death of hitting a wall!  It came out great and was a good save!

NZEOD, I need sunglasses to look at all that bling on your model!  SHINEY!

Got a LONG WAY to go, but it's starting to take shape now.  Just fit the parts together to get an idea of things so far.  Asked my wife for some ideas and feedback and all I got was "whatever floats your boat!"  Thanks babe!:huh:  This will be a modern fast missile patrol ship when done. - MT

0308172148.jpg

0308172157.jpg

0312171254a.jpg

0312171255a.jpg

0312171408.jpg

0312171410d.jpg

0312171410f.jpg

1 hour ago, MechTech said:

The TIE looks great Derex!  The laser effects are a nice touch.

Pengbuzz, I'm glad to see your model got spared the death of hitting a wall!  It came out great and was a good save!

NZEOD, I need sunglasses to look at all that bling on your model!  SHINEY!

Got a LONG WAY to go, but it's starting to take shape now.  Just fit the parts together to get an idea of things so far.  Asked my wife for some ideas and feedback and all I got was "whatever floats your boat!"  Thanks babe!:huh:  This will be a modern fast missile patrol ship when done. - MT

0308172148.jpg

0308172157.jpg

0312171254a.jpg

0312171255a.jpg

0312171408.jpg

0312171410d.jpg

0312171410f.jpg

WOW!!!

MT, that's just going to be all too awesome when you finish it! I love the details you're adding here!

NZEOD, That's some lovely shine! I would love to see it in real life without the light glare.

Mechtech, That's fine, fine work. I thought you said it would be a "quick and dirty weekend build"? Not even sure how you do all that...

Thanks guys!  I don't think I do anything quick.  The Daedalus was supposed to be quick, and nine years later...  Today it's the radar gears in the mast. - MT

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Looking good Pengbuzz!

Thanks Thom! Meantime, the other valk kit you sent is in progress, and indeed, progress has been made:

101_0773.JPG

101_0774.JPG

I still need to do the legs, arms and gunpod (primer and white for the gunpod, just white and a little touch-up primer for the arms and legs, as evidenced by the left leg "landing light" door). I also need to touch up some of the areas like the left wing, the tip of the nose and a few other spots where overspray and wearing away of paint has happened, then clearcoat and detailing (black stripe around nose, red stripes on bottom of arms, etc.) But this model is MUCH lighter than the Strike VF-1S; even without the armor, that one gained weight! O.o

Edited by pengbuzz

... ohh dear.... another distraction showed up.. LOL.. I reeeaaally need to stay off YouTube and quite watching build videos.. Revell Republic Clone Wars Star Destroyer.. looking forward to this one! Work on the SDF-1 IS proceeding though! :-) 

20170314_192712.jpg

20170314_193106.jpg

Okay, got the rest of the parts primed and base-coated. So far, the Vf-1J is going quite well and has it's landing gear now. missiles originally intended for the 1S before the armor were put onto the 1J's wings instead. And since the paint isn't somehow or another seeping off to create a new life form (lol) and is actually staying in place, i think we can safely call this Hikaru's VF-1J. :D

As for the gunpods...

1J: "Why's yours bigger than mine?"

1S: "Genetics".

:p

101_0775.JPG

101_0776.JPG

5 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Watch out for the Zvezda ISD coming in April...

ohhh trust me, I know, it's been on my radar...but it's not cheap. I am gonna try and hold out for a Bandai ISD, I can't believe they haven't done one yet in some scale, especially when Rogue One came out. <_<

@ UN_MARINE -- Power loader looks great! 

2 hours ago, Thom said:

Nice pair of VFs, Pengbuzz! But, what's that in the background..?

And great looking Power Loader!

Looks like his originally created VF-113.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Looks like his originally created VF-113.

Yeah; that was in the background, as I had to repaint a scrape on the underside of it. :( The landlord has people working on installing new windows in the apartment building, and the vibration from the electric saw they used to cut the frame out vibrated the model off the table. So, some emergency painting was needed along with a quick spray of clearcoat.

Edited by pengbuzz

nothing quite like having a bidding war on Yahoo.jp for an Experten VF-5000 Star Mirage and passing the time by placing joke bids on 100yen macross auctions only to find you win a 1/72 Angelbirds for $4USD and some weapons sets for $3USD!!

Edited by NZEOD

Meantime...

101_0796.JPG

Still rudimentary and needs detailing and work (inluding a system to hook up and remove valkyrie). Magic marker is temporary until I can detail paint the panel lines in, and a matte painting of the interior of the launch bay will replace the black.

Edited by pengbuzz

17 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Meantime...

< PIC >

Still rudimentary and needs detailing and work (inluding a system to hook up and remove valkyrie). Magic marker is temporary until I can detail paint the panel lines in, and a matte painting of the interior of the launch bay will replace the black.

Nice.  Hope to do that myself if/when an HMR version comes out.

7 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Meantime...

101_0796.JPG

n45 5x3mm magnets