Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Gentlemen... NCC 1701 - C. I'm pretty proud of this one, came out pretty darn good considering all the challenges along the way. She's ready to join the fleet!  Now... Onto the main attraction. The Big D. ;)

20200327_112316.jpg

20200327_112330.jpg

20200327_112339.jpg

20200327_112356.jpg

20200327_112407.jpg

20200327_112617.jpg

Edited by derex3592

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Gentlemen... NCC 1701 - C. I'm pretty proud of this one, came out pretty darn good considering all the challenges along the way. She's ready to join the fleet!  Now... Onto the main attraction. The Big D. ;)

20200327_112316.jpg

20200327_112330.jpg

20200327_112339.jpg

20200327_112356.jpg

20200327_112407.jpg

20200327_112617.jpg

Looking incredible, Derex! Good to see her finished and with full warp nacelles!

Since I'm stuck indoors now a days it's a good excuse to keep my self busy besides still working from home. 

I finally ordered some Tamiya paint so I could continue on my 1/4000 SDF-1 kit. 

Slow and steady but it'll get done! 

Stay sane everyone!! B))

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

Looking good 505th. While I'm final priming and prepping the D for paint tomorrow morning, I went ahead and snapped together the E. Nicely done kit on the E. Good tight snap fit. Only a few drops of glue just for my own satisfaction.

It has to be said, the sculpt on all these ships is spot on IMHO. If Bandai could ever just get a hold of the plans and improve the quality and the assembly process, they would be epic. 

15853457603612782551452712556648.jpg

Edited by derex3592

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

It has to be said, the sculpt on all these ships is spot on IMHO. If Bandai could ever just get a hold of the plans and improve the quality and the assembly process, they would be epic. 

Having built all those kits years ago in their earlier releases, I'm really glad they finally upgraded them all with those massive decals to make up for the lack of surface detail.

The one big error the Ent-E has though is that the old AMT molds were based on pre-production shots of the film model, before they altered the deflector array shape to make the exterior sequence set in First Contact easier to build.  Both of the AMT kits use the original curvy trough design for the deflector.

Correcting that on such a small kit though would be a massive undertaking, since you'd have to build a new array out of sheet plastic, and the shape is still complex enough to be a serious pain.

C is looking beautiful though, and I can't wait to see how the D and E come out!

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Having built all those kits years ago in their earlier releases, I'm really glad they finally upgraded them all with those massive decals to make up for the lack of surface detail.

The one big error the Ent-E has though is that the old AMT molds were based on pre-production shots of the film model, before they altered the deflector array shape to make the exterior sequence set in First Contact easier to build.  Both of the AMT kits use the original curvy trough design for the deflector.

Correcting that on such a small kit though would be a massive undertaking, since you'd have to build a new array out of sheet plastic, and the shape is still complex enough to be a serious pain.

C is looking beautiful though, and I can't wait to see how the D and E come out!

Someone already did it; all they did was to cut a plastic piece out to fit the dish and the trench, glued it to the dish and glued the combined part into place:

https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/1-2500-enterprises.284682/

Edited by pengbuzz

Well, as for myself: my 1/72 VF-1S Hasegawa is on hold until I can find some more alcohol to clean off overly heavy paint (not to mention more primer and white!). meanwhile, I recently revisited my 1/72 scale Launch Diorama (DYRL) that I did a while back, and after some measurements and comparisons...

...it's not 1/72; it's 1/100!

100_0887.thumb.JPG.a6e1d0842270a1ef9ee547c93ef3aeab.JPG  100_0888.thumb.JPG.243b7d55330487306b03e5fcb04f7abc.JPG

Thankfully, I recently received a 1/100 VF-1 kit that is part of the "15th Anniversary" Macross series; it has the updated Strike Pack (including Mauser Dual Beam Cannon). I had to do some slight mods on the square missile launchers to make them the DYRL version, but nothing too exotic. Most of the work has gone into making the model non-transformable (a first for me, right?), as to save much unneeded weight and to properly accurize it.  Right now, I am going to be making a new canopy for it, as the old one is waaaaaaaay too thick and visually distorts the living heck out of the interior (probably use plastic from a soda bottle for that small of a scale).

100_0889.thumb.JPG.1af812e1a219ad5b882b897d42768ad2.JPG

I plan on adding panel lines based off of the Hasegawa VF-1S with a pencil (at this scale, carved lines are overkill). I really thought that I had built this dio on scale, but since I have a smaller, lighter replacement valk that scales perfectly with it, I'm not about to complain!

Stay tuned.

Lots of great build guys in this and the past page.

Derex, the shipyards got nothin on you! You're popping those suckers out fast. You can take on the Borg with ships to spare! They're looking good too!

Thanks for sharing Gabe. I'd love to see that guy finished.

Looking good Pengbuzz! It's sad about people buying everything out! No isopropyl on the shelves anywhere. No noodles, no TP, but there are plenty of vegetarian foods on the shelves!:lol:

No real photos yet of my canon build. The pieces would look like modern art until put together. - MT

5 hours ago, MechTech said:

Looking good Pengbuzz! It's sad about people buying everything out! No isopropyl on the shelves anywhere. No noodles, no TP, but there are plenty of vegetarian foods on the shelves!:lol:

No real photos yet of my canon build. The pieces would look like modern art until put together. - MT

Thanks MT; and yeah, the nonsense about the Alcohol is ridiculous! I imagine after the pandemic is over, you're going to have a lot of folks trying to sell TP and isopropyl dirt cheap (or explain to their families why they have no food but enough toilet paper to make a valkyrie!)

Looking forward to seeing the cannon built and working!

Meantime, paintwork progressing on the 1/100 Strike Valk:

100_0890.thumb.JPG.af3bd2c41ff1b2f3a2b5a838c8e7f07b.JPG 100_0891.thumb.JPG.17be9f3ce6755ac2a655b9f42619e060.JPG

100_0892.thumb.JPG.28932969530828bafacebe2292f771d1.JPG 100_0893.thumb.JPG.2decc7e158ffe0aafac9464228bc3f9b.JPG

Still needs detailing, a canopy, decals and such. But so far, so good...

Hi there!

Well, I started working on my next project: Bandai 1/48 X-Wing. The Tomiya 1/48 Tomcat is almost done, with the whole Covid-19 situation (Costa Rica is also having problems). I have a little more time to work on the X-Wing and other projects that I have not worked on, like my Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV version attack mode and the 1/72 VF-25. For now, photos of the X-Wing. I'll build Red-4 from A New Hope Death Star Battle.

Cockpit paint

lBjo8DB.jpg

wkdXv2n.jpg

2aK4ZCL.jpg

sL56YaK.jpg

qupFUXL.jpg

fw165g0.jpg

Black Basing 

EykedRt.jpg

First Marble Coat 

200d98W.jpg

xyqXhIY.jpg

LVm1Sw1.jpg

That's a replica of the Red 4, something like that is my goal

zHnmHRU.jpg

1 hour ago, joscasle said:

Hi there!

Well, I started working on my next project: Bandai 1/48 X-Wing. The Tomiya 1/48 Tomcat is almost done, with the whole Covid-19 situation (Costa Rica is also having problems). I have a little more time to work on the X-Wing and other projects that I have not worked on, like my Hasegawa 1/4000 SDF-1 TV version attack mode and the 1/72 VF-25. For now, photos of the X-Wing. I'll build Red-4 from A New Hope Death Star Battle.

Cockpit paint

lBjo8DB.jpg

wkdXv2n.jpg

2aK4ZCL.jpg

sL56YaK.jpg

qupFUXL.jpg

fw165g0.jpg

Black Basing 

EykedRt.jpg

First Marble Coat 

200d98W.jpg

xyqXhIY.jpg

LVm1Sw1.jpg

That's a replica of the Red 4, something like that is my goal

zHnmHRU.jpg

You look like you're off to an excellent start  there, joscasle! :D

Edited by pengbuzz

3 hours ago, joscasle said:

EykedRt.jpg

The parts breakdown of that 1/48 X-Wing is probably one of the best things about it.  First kit that you can actually attach the wings after painting and sealing the fuselage.

I'm mostly not a fan of the electronics because I hate having to plug in the ship to open the wings (fixable with mods), but I also noticed that the vanes in the exhaust look too thick compared with the 1/72 version.  I wonder if they're oversized to better balance the light from the engine bulbs?

I might actually mix and match components from the Fine Molds version, since I think the nozzles on that kit are slightly better looking.  Or, if I wanted to go a little wacky, I might source nozzles from a 1/72 F-4. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

The parts breakdown of that 1/48 X-Wing is probably one of the best things about it.  First kit that you can actually attach the wings after painting and sealing the fuselage.

I'm mostly not a fan of the electronics because I hate having to plug in the ship to open the wings (fixable with mods), but I also noticed that the vanes in the exhaust look too thick compared with the 1/72 version.  I wonder if they're oversized to better balance the light from the engine bulbs?

I might actually mix and match components from the Fine Molds version, since I think the nozzles on that kit are slightly better looking.  Or, if I wanted to go a little wacky, I might source nozzles from a 1/72 F-4. :lol: 

Mostly agree with you !!!

So just as I was about to take some pics of my SDF-1 the wind picked up outside and the backdrop I had setup acted as a sail and the Macross fell over, note the missing tips on the Cannons, super bummed but I think I can fix all of that. Definitely not finished yet but she's getting there. 

So for now a couple of quick pics. Also, somehow I missing some of the decals to this kit and will have to find some, hopefully I don't have to buy a whole new one.  

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0636-001.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

@derex3592 Thank you my friend and I'm going to keep that hashtag handy for future use! :D 

I think if I get some plastic strips I can make replacements for those canons, decals I'll have to get creative. 

@electric indigo  Think of the times we all said "man I wish I had more free time work on my model kits", well here we are with plenty of free time now. As long as the hobby shop stays open we're all good! B))

And to everyone here, your projects are looking amazing, keep it up!!! 

UPDATE-

Well, nearly there:

100_0900.thumb.JPG.783fb8de200a56812032f61d2cd60cf3.JPG 100_0901.thumb.JPG.904f63afd73fd54f8d72ec20f01ec56e.JPG 100_0902.thumb.JPG.a09016fe4f8bc4c78575a5221d08aa07.JPG 100_0903.thumb.JPG.13fd2d1603ecbde5511e568293611ed9.JPG 100_0905.thumb.JPG.661d501d2f67f9fe2e77d5c0a298a7bf.JPG

Now I just need to convert the head lasers from dual to quad (already sanded the head into a VF-1S config) and button up a few lose ends. Then we can attach the ordnance and mount this onto the launch arm.

Stay tuned...

22 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Think of the times we all said "man I wish I had more free time work on my model kits", well here we are with plenty of free time now. As long as the hobby shop stays open we're all good! B))

That’s the part that bums me out. Between working from home, parenting, and helping them with their offsite school work, I don’t have any time left! I’m a little jealous of those who do have the time to model; but I realize that I’m lucky to still be earning a paycheck. 

1 hour ago, Kelsain said:

but I realize that I’m lucky to still be earning a paycheck. 

this ^^

I mean it in all seriousness, I am happy to hear you are still in this good place $$$ wise and may it stay that way for you & your family. :)

Many of my customers have had to cancel their orders or delay til next month. So model building & hiking local trails are keeping me sane right now. :lol:

Keep those hands washed everyone!! (Hot water & bar soap, Dawn, Palmolive, Lava, etc works just fine) 

I'm working from home as well, but it's mostly managing a ton of emails and telecons, so while I can get in a little time assembling things, it's more to keep my fingers busy while I do actual work.  It's not really conducive to anything but sanding and fitting.

On the other hand, being in my office so much gave me the impetus to get my 3D printer running again, since I can just set that to run in the background.  I prefer not to leave it going when I'm out of the house for long, so this is a good time to get some 24+ hour prints going.

Yeah, I was eyeing an Elegoo Mars before this all went down. Kinda wish I’d had the chance, but with the current uncertainty, I’m probably gonna hold off. 
OTOH, my daughter was just about to start a 3D printing unit at school and seems to know more about it than me. I may be desperate for something new by the end of April!

If I’m lucky for the time, I’m aiming to finish decaling my MG Zeta Gundam. Maybe start something Macrossy.