Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Some of the figures are getting sticky to the touch, almost slimy, but the color isn't coming off (specifically Milia's 639 translucent dress and a 1:24 Motoko from GiTS...so far). Anyone else run into this? Can I clean them with soap and water, or give them a chemical bath? The room is fairly dark, but I have a retired parent who likes to live by the wall heater, and the ceiling temp gets to about 90 in the winter in the garage-now-family room. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My Millia 639 wedding dress was nasty gooey slimy also after years in the display case. I think I just wiped it off with a cloth.

Sorry to hear about that. It's plasticizer leaching from the plastic or PVC, which makes the plastic less flexible and more stiff & brittle. I think it happens normally but that heat accelerates the process. Derex is right: wipe off the plasticizer but use something lint-free; do not use tissue. There are also possible health concerns related to the chemicals so wash up well afterwards and keep the younger kids away from plasticizer. Good luck!

ps - If others have more info or details, please add.

Nice old school build Jefuemon. It's coming along great. - MT

Thanks. This is a pretty good kit to use as a test-bed for new techniques. Wasn't too terrible expensive, and if I screwed up on something, well, at least I wasn't trashing a Hasegawa. I think it's going to turn out pretty nice, though, for an classic Imai Gerwalk kit.

Been a weird winter, but now that it is over, the modelling begins again. However, the clock is being turned back to rescue an eFX Nautilus from the scrap pile.

post-15195-0-78254600-1366967483_thumb.jpg

Not a model, but when it was donated to the collection it was in a bit of a state. I have enjoyed repainting this one, as it has been a favourite for years.

Didn't know the "Beast" had been released!!!! Dang...$50 though??? ouch...hmmm...maybe I'll wait a bit until paragraphix or whoever makes awesome armor plating decals for it. All the photoectch is already sold out for it at Starship Modeler as well. :wacko:

I know, but you get a lot of detail for that fifty, even before spending almost twice that on the PE sets, if you'r not going to buy the resin detail peices from Catalyst Creations https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644 - and someone may be doing more detailed engines... whew...

A little more done today,

She finally started to wear her gray, after I added the long range tactical comm suite,

BattlestarGalactica045_zps3e309886.jpg

BattlestarGalactica046_zpse1ce3ff5.jpg

...and the dome of what I'm calling the Advanced Range DRADIS - ARDRIS for short,

BattlestarGalactica048_zps0db2a3a0.jpg

And the gray,

BattlestarGalactica052_zpsb3b4eb14.jpg

BattlestarGalactica053_zps4f6a58fe.jpg

Now I have to finish the engines and get the guns loaded up and she'll soon be dun. :D

Here's my finally finished Sherman "Firebug" to go along with the fictional German TD I posted back in Feb.

It isn't real (obviously), and firebug is my own made up nickname (shoulda probably used Arquebus, or Adder, or Anvil or something, but that's taking it too seriously)

post-659-0-56011000-1367221462_thumb.jpg

Not nearly as involved as making the German TD from scratch, but it was fun cutting and filling and sanding nonetheless.

I'm no painter, but from a distance it looks alright.

Edited by Phyrox

Hmm, looks familiar. Oh wait...

He looks so much better than the original one. I think that one was actually closer to a 1/90 scale than 1/72. Really had to shave his butt to get him to fit, though.

Finally got this looking like it should. I'm hoping a couple of guys recognize it.

img4585w.jpg

Still need to do the finishing work, but I'm happy with it.

Definitely a Gatling Gun but what exact model or series its from escapes me. Thats one big Ammo drum. B))

Great scratch build UN Marine! Wrong movie/series, but makes me want to yell out, "get to the choppa!" :ph34r:

You'd need some SERIOUS muscles just to lift that puppy - unloaded! - MT

Great scratch build UN Marine! Wrong movie/series, but makes me want to yell out, "get to the choppa!" :ph34r:

You'd need some SERIOUS muscles just to lift that puppy - unloaded! - MT

Thanks :) Haha don't forget "I ain't got time to bleed!". Well, MGS has its share of inexplicable superhuman strength, so why not? :lol:

I just knew that had to be from Metal Gear Solid. Does anyone remember the freaky little action figure of 'Big Boss' during MGS2?

I don't remember the Big Boss figure, or was it Vulcan Raven?

While waiting for my YF-19 and Patlabor INGRAM1 decals, I'm working on this. It's ante issued Tamiya YZR 1:12 Kenny Roberts kit.

Damn, they still haven't shown up yet? Come on customs!

post-1159-0-76383800-1367352011.jpg

cowling for my Yamaha Kenny Roberts kit.

post-1159-0-48722600-1367351986.jpg

I love working with Alclad!

post-1159-0-35178600-1367351958.jpg

VF 1:48 tub. I'm still undecided if I'm going to paint it as Ichijo's or a CF.

Damn, they still haven't shown up yet? Come on customs!

LOL! It's OK. i'm keeping myself busy with two new builds. Thanks, Jeff!

Here's my finally finished Sherman "Firebug" to go along with the fictional German TD I posted back in Feb.

It isn't real (obviously), and firebug is my own made up nickname (shoulda probably used Arquebus, or Adder, or Anvil or something, but that's taking it too seriously)

Not nearly as involved as making the German TD from scratch, but it was fun cutting and filling and sanding nonetheless.

I'm no painter, but from a distance it looks alright.

That tank looks great. Cool WHIF!

Man, I should have looked at this thread a long time ago!

I've been building a 1:2500 scale Star Trek Constitution class ship. Making this one as ship pulled from the boneyard and refit to test for the Exeter class from Star Trek Online. Started with an old AMT model, fixed a lot of the detailing, scratch built a nacelle, and made molds.

uss_hobbcreek1.jpg

I'll be building a new B deck on that saucer, then probably make another mold.

YES, YES, YES!!!! Its has arrived!!!

A couple of size comparison shots between the Bucket & the Beast. The detail on this kit is very impressive!

post-6180-0-81777700-1367521925_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-34350900-1367521932_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-18148300-1367521940_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-89633900-1367521945_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-56128900-1367521958_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-74348000-1367527532_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-81467900-1367527543_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

That MGS gatling gun is wicked!

VF-1A Yamato assembly kit

So close to finish, unto weathering and working with the canopy and tinting all the glass parts.

Are those verniers decals or you did actually painted them?