Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

LOL, sorry, even forgotten the right name for the A-7, thanks for the correction.

It's a Yamato VF-1A assembly kit, and it's a pain in the ass.

Nice Alaska base 1A! - hopefully Tundra Yeti will do the Kitchen Sink in 1/60 to go along with it...

Nice Alaska base 1A! - hopefully Tundra Yeti will do the Kitchen Sink in 1/60 to go along with it...

Eventually. Sometime this year. 1/100 scale is up next but not until I get the 1/72 finished. Wonderfest is in 6 weeks and Got some really great goodies coming for that too. I'll be posting in another thread.

Sweet builds Noyhasuer! The weathering looks great!

Valkyrie Addict, I was going to joke about the hammer in the background, but then I saw it was the kit version of the toy. I hear you may need a bigger hammer :) - MT

I think I'm glad I never purchased the Yamato 1:60 Ver. 2 to assemble...I'm fine with mine coming assembled... LOL! ... Anyway, I've been working on my junkyard parts for my millennium falcon diorama while I wait on the acrylic case to get here. Getting some good weathering practice in with these!

post-11393-0-72887500-1365121321_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-32290500-1365121382_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-58745800-1365121402_thumb.jpg

Sweet builds Noyhasuer! The weathering looks great!

Valkyrie Addict, I was going to joke about the hammer in the background, but then I saw it was the kit version of the toy. I hear you may need a bigger hammer :) - MT

Bigger hammer you say? try a freakin' drill, some housing for those motherf*cking pins were thinner than the actual pins and I keep pounding like an indiot until I realized that, end up bending a couple of parts., and masking has been a real bitch.

I think I'm glad I never purchased the Yamato 1:60 Ver. 2 to assemble...I'm fine with mine coming assembled... LOL! ... Anyway, I've been working on my junkyard parts for my millennium falcon diorama while I wait on the acrylic case to get here. Getting some good weathering practice in with these!

One thing I've learn from the Yamato kit is to really appreciate the assembled toy and tampo print.

Weathering looks pretty good...I suck at it, I always overdo and end up looking like someone grabbed with a dirty hand.

People have done it in the past...Berttt made one and someone did a Minmay guard I can't seem to find. it does require some fabrication of parts, but it did not seem to be an overly complex modification.

Not to toot my own horn, but here is a step by step walk through of how I did mine. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20983

:)

Ha, ha! TOOT! TOOT! :D Thanks Benson. My intention in making that thread was so that folks could follow the steps and end up with a Gerwalk. I tried to make it as complete as possible so that there were no surprises.

The one thing I did not mention in that thread was to add some weights ( I used the lead balls from some buck-shot shells in the feet, nose and front end of the fast packs - I chose those locations because of the pose I wanted the model in)

Oh my, I'm scratch-building now!

post-12411-0-68131100-1365139980_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's not much, but it's the first time I've ever tried anything like this. Kind of fun!

Oh my, I'm scratch-building now!

attachicon.gifIMG_0002.JPG

Yeah, it's not much, but it's the first time I've ever tried anything like this. Kind of fun!

My mom scratch built me and I turned out horrible. Don't be afraid to throw it away and try again.

Chas: Thanks for posting that link. Some day I'd like to convert my 2nd VF-1A (started as super, changed mind) to a gerwalk. It's hard to tell from your write-up & not having the kits nearby: did you use the fighter's legs, or the battroid?

Chas: Thanks for posting that link. Some day I'd like to convert my 2nd VF-1A (started as super, changed mind) to a gerwalk. It's hard to tell from your write-up & not having the kits nearby: did you use the fighter's legs, or the battroid?

"Begin the legs by assembling parts U9+U11 and U12+U8 from the fighter kit"

intakes and the 'accordion piece' are from the fighter kit. The rest of the leg is from the Battroid kit.

EDIT: I've edited the instructions to make that section a little bit clearer - you were right it was a little confusing- poor word choice on my part.

Edited by Chas

Hey guys, just finished my first 2 Cosmo Zero's from the new Space Battleship Yamato 2199 I had posted these pictures in the Yamato 2199 thread but thought they would be missed since many of you may not watch the show....Shame on you if you are not it is an AMAZING remake!! :p the Cosmo Zero design has been one of my all time favorite sci-fi designs since I was a kid....it's just so aggressive looking. The inflight Alpha 1 is painted in Testors MM aluminum and Tamiya flat red and Yellow. The primmer I used was Gray. The storage mode UNCN fighter is Tamiya chromed silver other colors are the same but with a white primer. The difference can be seen in the exhaust nozzle of the inflight Alpha 1 since that nozzle is silver. The overall difference isn't that big...the UNCN one is a little more bright particularly the reds and yellows since I used the white primer. Next up Yamamoto's Alpha 2 (orange nose and white trim for those that don't know) and then my custom Cosmo Zero painted like a WWII Zero to go with my 2 Harlock SW-190's that I painted like WWII German FW-190's. ;)

Chris

post-265-0-30327000-1365248346_thumb.jpg post-265-0-99276100-1365248389_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-81631100-1365248425_thumb.jpg post-265-0-70756700-1365248478_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-13702100-1365248517_thumb.jpg post-265-0-88306000-1365248587_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-03865900-1365248624_thumb.jpg post-265-0-20739800-1365248740_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-63970600-1365248800_thumb.jpg post-265-0-63431100-1365248842_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-01945700-1365248888_thumb.jpg post-265-0-65817400-1365248927_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-03620600-1365248969_thumb.jpg post-265-0-74977000-1365249012_thumb.jpg

Chris

Absolutely amazing Dobber, I love the way the Cosmo Zero came out especially with the wings folded, gear & canopy opened. B))

My wallet however hates you $$$ wise as I really want to get one of these now! :p

I must get one or even two of those Cosmo Zeroes! I was afraid that with the Bandai ones released a few years ago in 1/100 - as nice as they were - that we wouldn't see these in 1/72 in similar detail. I'm glad to see I was wrong!

Thanks guys! As much as I loved the little 1/100's take on the design, I've really come around to preferring the 2199 design. They are VERY similar but have some differences. The 1/100 looks a little stubby to me know.

Chris

Looks good VF-19! Looks nice-n-dirty!

Thanks Dobber for posting here too! Those look great and I didn't know the wings fold on that design. I would have never seen it in the other thread. I don't spend a lot of time on the PC so the modelling threads are my main hangout here. My son and I LOVE the Yamato series and we'll have to watch that! Looks like I better go find that thread thread! Thanks again! - MT

That's the WF kit right? What scale is it? I've always wanted to make one at 1:18 scale with a Ellie figure. That and a Gasaraki TA.

Spent sometime out of the workbench, but slowly but surely is coming back around...!

Awesome!