Does anyone know when hasbro's planning on releasing the WINDCHARGER fig from reveal the shield line? or has anyone seen it at their local TARGET or WALMART stores yet?

Short answer: They're not.

Long answer: Most major retailers stopped stocking/restocking Transformers before the final waves of Reveal the Shield, Generations, and Power Core Combiners in preparation for the billions of new movie figures (which would theoretically be super popular).

A lot of people were mad about this, because a lot of exciting new figures of really popular characters (Kup, Perceptor, Thundercacker, Lugnut) were included in these waves as well as figures that were canon troop-builders (Scourge/Sweeps, Wreck-gar/Junkions). In comparison, the earlier waves (which actually made it to stores) were full of repaints.

Furthermore, scout class figures (like Windcharger)apparently don't sell very well in the US compared to Deluxe class...and thus Hasbro didn't even try very hard to get Windcharger's wave in US stores. I believe Windcharger actually made it into some stores overseas (and maybe Canada?), but even then he's pretty rare.

Your best shot is stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls, which got some Reveal the Shield stock that never made it into stores. I've never seen any Scouts there, though...just Deluxe Bumblebee, Voyager Strafe, and some Legends class figures.

There's plenty on eBay (for 4-5x the MSRP), of course...or you can just hope that they eventually repackage/rerelease him at some point.

Edited by jwasko

Blow me down, I actually found a Warpath and a Scourge-at retail! I pretty much gave up on finding these guys, but they were the last ones of their kind at a Target I just happened to shop in while doing errands. Maybe I'll try my luck with a Marshall's in hopes of finding the G1 legends.

Short answer: They're not.

Long answer: Most major retailers stopped stocking/restocking Transformers before the final waves of Reveal the Shield, Generations, and Power Core Combiners in preparation for the billions of new movie figures (which would theoretically be super popular).

A lot of people were mad about this, because a lot of exciting new figures of really popular characters (Kup, Perceptor, Thundercacker, Lugnut) were included in these waves as well as figures that were canon troop-builders (Scourge/Sweeps, Wreck-gar/Junkions). In comparison, the earlier waves (which actually made it to stores) were full of repaints.

Furthermore, scout class figures (like Windcharger)apparently don't sell very well in the US compared to Deluxe class...and thus Hasbro didn't even try very hard to get Windcharger's wave in US stores. I believe Windcharger actually made it into some stores overseas (and maybe Canada?), but even then he's pretty rare.

Your best shot is stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls, which got some Reveal the Shield stock that never made it into stores. I've never seen any Scouts there, though...just Deluxe Bumblebee, Voyager Strafe, and some Legends class figures.

There's plenty on eBay (for 4-5x the MSRP), of course...or you can just hope that they eventually repackage/rerelease him at some point.

I kinda had a feeling this was going to be the case. Woulda been nice to pick up the WINDCHARGER fig, I just love that vehicle mode.

Yeah.... I have a Wreck-Gar. Only one I ever saw.

I really wanted a second one, since he's explicitly constructed to be able to ride a Junkion motorcycle(two pegs in his pelvis mate to a pair of holes in the saddle).

I saw 2 Warpath's at Target yesterday. I did pick up sentinel prime though. He's an awesome figure, but he's too back heavy and has a hard time standing up. Target had him on sale for $39.

The Black rodimus looks pretty cool. I saw shockwave at Walmart yesterday. Has Leader class Ironhide been released at retail yet? I'd like to pick him up.

Well, the Walmarts around here still don't have Rally Sideswipes around here but they sure have been delivering on the Generations front!

(also, this was the first store I've seen any Wave 2 human alliance basics)

DSC00005.jpg

before anyone asks; this was the only Wheeljack they had out but their was also one Kup, one Scourge, and one Thundercracker. :o

:edit:

damn is he cool, now I really wish I had grabbed a tracks when I had the chance.

Edited by anime52k8

Here comes another 3rd party Devastator (and a complete proto to boot!). Let the Not-Devastator wars begin!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoy-update-giant-from-build-series-172788/

Combined form looks great and has a nice size. The bot modes look weak. The TFC version, while bigger, looks less detailed (and we are yet to see two more Constructicons).

Here comes another 3rd party Devastator (and a complete proto to boot!). Let the Not-Devastator wars begin!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoy-update-giant-from-build-series-172788/

Combined form looks great and has a nice size. The bot modes look weak. The TFC version, while bigger, looks less detailed (and we are yet to see two more Constructicons).

I really like that it's in scale with the Fans project Bruticus. It's esthetically as good as anything from fans project, hopefully it has the same quality.

Well my DMK01 and 02 kits are on the way from HLJ.

I'll more than likely not build Bumblebee since he appears to painting and what not to look better, but I'll build Optimus Prime right out of the box.

Will post pics when completed. Please wish the non-modeler luck. ^_^

-b.

The Maketoys projects are looking great, I do like the nice touch of a G1 accurate Devestator, but I'm also looking forward to TFC's variation as well. Namely because TFC's figures are just about the same size as DOTM voyager class toys while Maketoys will be about Deluxe class.

On a seperate note though, their prototype of RTS's Optimus Prime trailer is just amazing and I hope it comes out before the holidays!

Buyer Beware on Leader Ironhide.

I just returned my Leader Ironshide this morning. I was able to cope with the leg kibble, the wrong scale and even with the stupid blue color, but the damn ball-joint holding the bumpers section were the last straw for me.

Apparently, there is a HUGE design problem with a ball-joint section that holds the bumper pieces. They are coming out with little our no effort.

The ones on mine snapped out during the first transformation and never plugged right ever since.

The figure is just as tall as Leader Optimus, so even the scale is wrong.

Major disappointment.

Ball Joints suck and should be avoided at any cost.

Edited by Limbo

They were talking about Shockwave in another thread and I started googling images of him, found this one:

windowslivewritercustomshockwavetransformermoviestyledece-139afcustom-transformers-movie-shockwave-5.jpg

Talk about dark.......

Found it on this blog:

http://movies-reecemerrittgriffith.blogspot.com/2011/03/shockwave-transformers-movie.html

Edited by peter

Just did some painting on my three Deluxe Bumblebees. So far, the DOTM version looks much better than the day I bought it. But of the three, the DOTM BB is the weakest in terms of quality, detail and display value.

Sadly, my Battle Blade BB is nursing a foot injury. While I was doing some detailing on his car mode, I noticed that the right foot developed a huge crack. During transformation, it just went brittle and fell off the hinge. This is the one thing I hate about Hasbro's plastics: they don't mix well with hobby paints.

Here's a comparison shot between the three. As soon as I'm done with some details, I'll send these three to my local hobby shop for them to spray the car panels.

bumblebees03.jpg

(from left): 2007 Transformers Deluxe Bumblebee, 2010 Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee, 2011 Dark of the Moon Deluxe Bumblebee

Just did some painting on my three Deluxe Bumblebees. So far, the DOTM version looks much better than the day I bought it. But of the three, the DOTM BB is the weakest in terms of quality, detail and display value.

Sadly, my Battle Blade BB is nursing a foot injury. While I was doing some detailing on his car mode, I noticed that the right foot developed a huge crack. During transformation, it just went brittle and fell off the hinge. This is the one thing I hate about Hasbro's plastics: they don't mix well with hobby paints.

Here's a comparison shot between the three. As soon as I'm done with some details, I'll send these three to my local hobby shop for them to spray the car panels.

(from left): 2007 Transformers Deluxe Bumblebee, 2010 Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee, 2011 Dark of the Moon Deluxe Bumblebee

Very nice! I also had to paint up DOTM BB's calves. They looked horrid in unpainted yellow plastic.

BTW, which yellow paint did you use to touch up the fingers and "ribs"? I've been trying to find the right tone of yellow from the Tamiya range, but couldn't find one that was close enough to use right out of the bottle. Did you mix your own paint?

Very nice! I also had to paint up DOTM BB's calves. They looked horrid in unpainted yellow plastic.

BTW, which yellow paint did you use to touch up the fingers and "ribs"? I've been trying to find the right tone of yellow from the Tamiya range, but couldn't find one that was close enough to use right out of the bottle. Did you mix your own paint?

I used Mr. Color orange-yellow.

I picked up DOTM Deluxe Nitro Bumblebee yesterday. While Deluxe movie Bumblebees of the past had completely different molds, they shared the same transformation designs such as the leg automorph. Nitro Bumblebee, on the other hand, is a completely different animal. There is no automorph or Mechalive gimmick anywhere. The doors do not open like the other Bumblebees and the fender pieces that hold the front wheels are attached to them. The chest transformation seems to be loosely based on the Leader Class figure. Though the rear end halves are still parts of the legs, the lower legs and feet open very differently. The overall effect is a Deluxe Bumblebee that is shorter and looks nothing like the ones we've had in the past.

As usual, the figure suffers from a lack of paint apps. Nearly all of the robot parts are molded in a dull gray and the hands are molded with the arms. This means there is more work to do on this figure than all of the other Bumblebees.

So for those with them, what is the best leader class toy from both the DOTM series, as well as the whole movie line overall. Want to get one to customize, but don't know too much about these figures....

How do they compare, to, say a standard japanese macross release? Better? Worse? I expect costs are much lower due to larger market release, and maybe a bit less engineering...

So for those with them, what is the best leader class toy from both the DOTM series, as well as the whole movie line overall. Want to get one to customize, but don't know too much about these figures....

How do they compare, to, say a standard japanese macross release? Better? Worse? I expect costs are much lower due to larger market release, and maybe a bit less engineering...

The best DOTM Leader Class figure is Bumblebee, while the best overall movie line Leader Class figure is ROTF Optimus Prime. Quality-wise, they're pretty good. While they provide a very challenging level of transformation and lots of articulation points, there are limitations on poseability. For example, Optimus Prime has only closed fists that hold weapons, while Bumblebee has only one hand that has a wrist hinge. In addition, Optimus Prime's spring-loaded forearm weapons (swords in ROTF, hooks in the Hunt for the Decepticons version) like to get in the way of the arms.

Otherwise, these are the two you should pick up.

Leader ROTF Optimus and Battle Ops Bumblebee are my top picks for movie line Leader Class. 2007 Leader Brawl gets honorable mention. The engineering is excellent on the first two...especially Optimus. They're incredibly close to their big screen counterparts. Being mass market toys, they do have a good amount of gimmicks and electronics. Whether that's good or bad is subjective.

Compared to Yamato Macross toys, they are far more rugged and less prone to breakage. But they lack certain details that differentiate a collector's toy from a high quality kid's toy. Details such as paint apps, well-integrated accessories, rubber tires, and die cast.

The best DOTM Leader Class figure is Bumblebee, while the best overall movie line Leader Class figure is ROTF Optimus Prime. Quality-wise, they're pretty good. While they provide a very challenging level of transformation and lots of articulation points, there are limitations on poseability. For example, Optimus Prime has only closed fists that hold weapons, while Bumblebee has only one hand that has a wrist hinge. In addition, Optimus Prime's spring-loaded forearm weapons (swords in ROTF, hooks in the Hunt for the Decepticons version) like to get in the way of the arms.

Otherwise, these are the two you should pick up.

I actually removed the swords on mine to improve the poseability. The hands bug me though, especially seeing the articulated ones they are doing now. Anyone know if you could swap the fists if you have say the leader Sentinel? I don't know if the sizes are prohibitive there.

I customize most of my TFs. Rotf leader is awesome. Rotf leader starscream is good too except the hands. Modding the wrists wasn't as hard as I thought. Dotm ironhide....good looking bot mode, but there are QC issues on these (glued neck, front part of the car which are his shoulders pop off too easily when you're transforming it), and limited articulation. Transformation is too simplistic and I expected more from a leader class. Basically, most of his robot form is under the truck and you turn him around and pull out the lower legs and arms. Don't have leader BBs or sentinel, can't comment on those.

Just got my Leader Ironhide. Even though some hate it, I really like the color of the legs. Robot mode really looks good but the clicky joints on mine are very loose. The rest is just as Negotiator says. The whole leg transformation is soooo simple that you feel cheated. Definetly payed to much for it.

Buy only if you like the cool looking robot statue and like lots of weapon gimicks.

Anybody care to share how they feel about Leader Sentinel? I've seen it in stores and it's groing on me, even with his huge bra size chest.

^^Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Looking at reviews of these things though, I've decided to go ahead and look for a Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime. Looks a TON better imho, and maybe with a good amount of modding, I can prod it into a loose truck mode as well. Robot mode is my focus though. The dual model kit prime looks a lot like ROTF leader class prime from pics, so maybe I can use that leader class as an inspiration to make the model kit prime transformable to vehicle mode....

Or maybe I can get someone a lot more talented than me to do it for me :lol:

Edited by Archer

^^Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Looking at reviews of these things though, I've decided to go ahead and look for a Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime. Looks a TON better imho, and maybe with a good amount of modding, I can prod it into a loose truck mode as well. Robot mode is my focus though. The dual model kit prime looks a lot like ROTF leader class prime from pics, so maybe I can use that leader class as an inspiration to make the model kit prime transformable to vehicle mode....

Or maybe I can get someone a lot more talented than me to do it for me :lol:

The Optimus dual model kit's sold out in AmiAmi, and discontinued in HLJ. I got mine from a local hobby store, and had to buy both Optimus and Bee, as they were sold as a bundled set for some reason.