They're finally, months after the film was released on video, killing the DotM line and finally, after a whole season has aired, making way for TF Prime toys. This is bad news how exactly?

The FoC characters are all looking thicker and bulkier in the game than their toys.

Not everyone hates Movieverse with a burning passion, and some of those people actually wanted to see the new characters/designs make it to toy form.

I'm not getting the criticism of FOC Prime; other than too-small feet, he matches up to the CG model pretty well. I love his truck mode, and I like his bot mode enough to get him. I was hoping for a better fig of Jazz, but , yeah, those legs are really skinny making him look top heavy, but his car mode looks good. Contrarily, I think they nailed Shockwave's bot mode, but when I have to ask, "what is it?" when transformed, I lose interest. I'm not crazy about the WFC and FOC designs, anyway, but I can tolerate the ones that are at least comparative to real vehicles. I have a low tolerance for "Cybertronian" designs, as it seems to give license to make absolutely crap alt modes, and justify them by saying they're alien. At least Prime looks like a truck and Jazz looks like a passable car. I think the Animated Cybertronian designs were excellent.

I have to agree that Animated Shockwave is a better toy overall than FOC. Had they given FOC Shockwave more of a tank look, he would have been a great toy. The Prime toys are ok; I plan on getting Arcee, Wheeljack, and Soundwave. The rest are meh. I'm also bummed that the First Edition line was canxed in lieu of RID, esp when they traded their nice smaller show accurate weapons for giant ridiculous weapons. It's disappointing, to say the least.

As for the news that Bay will direct a fourth movie, albeit a reboot, my hopes that someone who actually cared about Transformers would bring a whole new look and feel to the franchise has been utterly crushed asunder, doused with napalm, and ignited with white magnesium flares. I do have to wonder, however, since Prime is the new look in the continuity, are the reboot characters going to look more like TF:Prime, or remain shardy skeletons with shardy parts hanging off of them?

Edited by M'Kyuun

Not everyone hates Movieverse with a burning passion, and some of those people actually wanted to see the new characters/designs make it to toy form.

The perhaps Hasbro should have released those toys when the movie was still fresh in people's minds instead of a Voyager Optimus Prime repaint, a Voyager Ironhide repaint, and approximately 40 billion Bumblebees.

While I freely admit to not being a fan of movie toys (the only DotM figures I picked up were a Deluxe Optimus and Voyager Megatron, which seem to scale pleasantly with each other), it's got less to do with my feelings for the line and more to do with the fact that 8 months seems like a long time to support a toy line based on a movie, especially when they've got a season's worth of new Transformers with next to nothing in the way of toys. It's just time to move on.

I'm with you, Mike. The DOTM figs have lingered at all my local retail stores. They lost an entire season's worth of selling time for Prime toys, esp since movie toys weren't selling, at least around my area. You'd think they would have wanted their new show's toys in stores in time to compliment both the launch of the Hub and their new Transformers show. Then again, maybe they were holding back to see how the show was received before pouring funds into toy releases.

Still, I lurk TFW2005.com enough to know that die-hard transfans go apesh!t over nearly every new TF product, be it Hasbro or third party, regardless of how craptastic said products are.

You'd think they would have wanted their new show's toys in stores in time to compliment both the launch of the Hub and their new Transformers show. Then again, maybe they were holding back to see how the show was received before pouring funds into toy releases.

Fun fact, what toys end up in which stores and when that happens is entirely up to the retailers themselves. Hasbro has vertually no control over distribution. If retailers want movie toys, that's what they're going to carry.

Edited by anime52k8

True. But I imagine Hasbro would've led with the city bot over a combiner. Hope I'm wrong.

we're not getting a WFC trypticon because a robot dinosaur that turns into a space station would be really underwhelming as a deluxe size toy. As cool as it would be to get him and Omega Supreme, they wouldn't work as anything smaller than leader size toys, and there's no way hasbro is going to do something that big and complex in the generations line.

Forget Fort Max, where's Trypticon?

I don't know, I think Takara is run by trolls. How do you do a Metroplex reissue and then NOT reissue Trypticon too?

So you want ponies, you want movie TFs... You basically want to destroy humanity, is what you're saying. Think of the children!! :D

As for the news that Bay will direct a fourth movie, albeit a reboot, my hopes that someone who actually cared about Transformers would bring a whole new look and feel to the franchise has been utterly crushed asunder, doused with napalm, and ignited with white magnesium flares. I do have to wonder, however, since Prime is the new look in the continuity, are the reboot characters going to look more like TF:Prime, or remain shardy skeletons with shardy parts hanging off of them?

I opt for looking on the bright side. TF Prime exists thanks to the financial success of the movie series. I try to ignore those movies as best I can, and just watch the Prime show, which I find is infinitely better written. If a fourth movie is going to continue to provide the funds for more TF Prime, I don't mind so much. I will not buy any movie product, be it tickets, DVDs or toys, but I know many will, and should Prime continue because of that, I will be happy with that result. On the other hand, I have bought two First Edition Prime figures (Bulk and Cliff) and I plan on buying no more because they all look pretty bad from here on in...

Just got a better look at TF Prime RID Arcee. It's a head shorter than the FE, and looks much too simplistic now that I've got a better look of the fig. That thing is hideous with all the kibble on its back--damn wheel was hanging almost an inch away from its back. And those wings....

It's either the FE version or nothing.

NOTE: tried to link a pic of the fig, but couldn't for some reason. Here's the link, if you're curious.

So you want ponies, you want movie TFs... You basically want to destroy humanity, is what you're saying. Think of the children!! :D

He does not want that.

Just do not want to see Transformers in the background, or relegated to sporadic appearances. Just like me.

And the Bay's movies, were have only beaten and no captivating story (and bad design reuse of plots of G1 cartoon)

Edited by Old_Nash

He does not want that.

Just do not want to see Transformers in the background, or relegated to sporadic appearances. Just like me.

And the Bay's movies, were have only beaten and no captivating story (and bad design reuse of plots of G1 cartoon)

Heh. You made me think of a joke. Why are Bayformer fans also fans of Otis Redding? Because they like "Sittin' on the d*ck of the Bay". :lol:

Alas, I kid. It's the people who are serious that I fear... :unsure::p

Well now that all is not film.

I just read the two new editions of new comic from IDW: TF - More Than Meets the Eye, and particularly liked the style "Justice League" of J.M. DeMatteis and Keith Giffen.

Rodimus does not have the same luck. After being killed by Megatron and resurrected by the Matrix.

Now accepts almost religious mission to bring back the Knights of Cybertron.

To help the planet back to what it was.

He then decides to leave Cybertron from the counter-like BBB Prime.

With an initial group of 40 Autobots and Decepctions (at least 2).

Of course it is always the most closest to the leader, such as shown below.

MTMTE1_cvrE.jpg

Of course not all flowers and just before starting the group suffers an accident that the throw away to an unknown corner of the galaxy.

Edited by Old_Nash

Actually managed to get my hands on an FE Arcee! Surprisingly, there are pink accents painted on the face and shins, unlike in the promo pics. Overall, she's very well-designed, and in person, the back kibble is easily forgiveable. Really like the included display stand, too--not exactly stable, but it's free and it looks decent.

Now I don't get why some people say her proportions are not as feminine as RID Arcee. The head sculpt and proportions are totally fine in person; it's just the trademark poorly taken pics from Hasbro that made her look bad. The fact that she has double-jointed elbows makes her a class above RID as well.

I notice that the plastic is rather soft, though. There were several times while I was transforming her that I wasn;t sure if I was bending a particularly stiff joint too far, as the plastic started bending before the joint even moved.

She's a midget in alt mode compared to her ROTF incarnations, so I can't imagine how tiny the RID version would be.

RID Arcee's got nothing on her.

Edited by GU-11

seriously, who actually reads comic books anymore?

And yet not too long ago comic book fans were going:

seriously, who actually plays with toys anymore?

Just sayin'...

Edited by Renato