So is anyone (i.e. web stores) actually stocking the first set of Make toys Giant parts yet? I can't find them on any store I normally use, even for preorder.

Edited by anime52k8

Not sure if that's a very fair comparison, since it looks like the one on the right [Energon Bruticus? Sorry, don't know my Bruticii too well] has some FP upgrades to him.

Neither can jetplanes, so... heck, haven't they driven CARS through space at some point in the franchise?

I think Vortex looks neat, though.

I was just being nitpicky for the heck of it. :D But in the case of the WFC/FOC universe at least, the Seekers seem to be thrust-maneuvered aircraft and don't need an atmosphere, hence the small stubby wings. While it doesn't explain the large wings on the Aerialbots, at least I can imagine jets in a non-atmospheric environment. Helicopters, on the other hand....

That said, once I get my hands on that game and the figs, I wouldn't give a rat's ass about these technicalities.

Vortex should have a black head and silver blades though, officially. Not so much red:

What perplexes me is that the bot mode's torso is inexplicably pinkish red, but you don't see those colors in the alt mode. I wonder why they even bothered making the torso a different color. And what's with the toy painted up in ALL red without the brown/bronze?

Either way, I really like the helicopter mode design; the head portion reminds me of a mechanical mosquito due to the guns on the nose.

Just a little worried about potential kibble that makes up the tail, as the bot mode doesn't show any parts that might make up the tail part.

Should I be upset that the first place I'm likely to finally find Transformers Prime toys readily available will be freaking McDonalds? <_<

As for the FoC toys, they're not looking very good. WfC Prime looks a lot better, if you ask me. Jazz's alt mode look's pretty sweet, but his bot mode looks kind of top heavy and cartoony compared to his RTS figure. Bruticus looks off, especially his torso and Blast Off arm. The torso could have been remedied by making Onslaught a Voyager or Ultra class (do they make those anymore?) toy, I think, but nothing is going to save that arm. I'll still probably pick them all up, just to encourage Hasbro to make another combiner with Deluxe-class limbs, and because the concept art for Brawl and Swindle look pretty good.

The one exception I'm seeing is Shockwave. I dig is space jet/gun alt mode, and his bot mode is a better Shockwave than Animated or DotM gave us.

Edited by mikeszekely

Actually, the FOC toys look pretty much like their CG models, especially Optimus. He looks boxier than ever, apparently because the game designers wanted to make him look like a "fist with wheels."

Shockwave IMO is the best of the bunch.

As for Jazz, I seriously hope it's just the angle of the camera that makes him to top-heavy.

BTW, I noticed on one of the pics that the back part of Shockwave's gun-arm is broken. Is that why they decided to make him hold in in his hand? Or can he even mount the thing on his arm in the first place?

animated shockwave is a milion times better as a toy than that piece of crap will ever be. just saying.

but if you want prime toys we've got plenty in my area... as long as you're not looking for megatron or soundwave. <_< seriously there was like 3~4 cases worth of RID deluxes put out on friday, and every soundwave had been picked out by noon.

pics of upcoming stuff by the way.

http://www.tfw2005.c...-images-174370/

Voyager starscream and leader prime look almost good. prime's probebly going to be crap because of the gimmicks and starscream looks unpainted as hell.

Edited by anime52k8

@ anime52k8:

The only thing I don't like about TF Animated Shockwave is his tank alt mode; IMO it looks like he's just lying flat on his face, like he got steam-rolled from behind. That said, it;s amazing how the designers could actually fit in his Longarm disguise into the same fig. I've been aching to get a fig of him, but the local TRU sucks.

As for TF Prime, Soundwave is the only one I'll be picking up. Knockout looks "scout-ishly" simplified, and Starscream looks meh. Ironically, Arcee looks more screen-accurate than the FE version. Now if only they'd do something about that "wing kibble" on her back. Or is it just a case of mistransformation?

Why couldn't they give leader Prime NON-FAUX clear chest panels? They've been able to do so even for voyager class movieverse Optimus despite his convoluted movie transformation, so there's really no reason they do it for a leader class TF Prime figure.

Edited by GU-11

@ anime52k8:

The only thing I don't like about TF Animated Shockwave is his tank alt mode; IMO it looks like he's just lying flat on his face, like he got steam-rolled from behind. That said, it;s amazing how the designers could actually fit in his Longarm disguise into the same fig. I've been aching to get a fig of him, but the local TRU sucks.

as the instructions and box art show it, the tank mode is kind of boring but if you fan mode it a little bit the result is pretty nice. But the fact that it's a it's got 4 modes that are all distinct, effective and fun is just amazing for a modern toy. And he's just got the animated thing of having a really characterful sculpt.

As for TF Prime, Soundwave is the only one I'll be picking up. Knockout looks "scout-ishly" simplified, and Starscream looks meh. Ironically, Arcee looks more screen-accurate than the FE version. Now if only they'd do something about that "wing kibble" on her back. Or is it just a case of mistransformation?

Screen accurate or not, RID Arcee just looks pathetically simplified for a deluxe toy. She and Knockout are looking pretty dire. I figure I'll be able to get Soundwave soon, but I really wish he was bigger. I'd ask for a voyager version but so far every voyager has been viciously unpainted with lots of unnecessary clear plastic. I really want to like that Voyager Starscream because I love his Prime design but that unpainted chest and purple arms are so ugh. I know I could paint it but I really hate the principle of having to do touch ups on retail toys. Also, what the hell is going on with his face?!?

Why couldn't they give leader Prime NON-FAUX clear chest panels? They've been able to do so even for voyager class movieverse Optimus despite his convoluted movie transformation, so there's really no reason they do it for a leader class TF Prime figure.

Because using the actual truck windows as the chest windows doesn't work with Prime Prime’s design. Just compare the RID and FE prime voyagers. The RID uses the actual truck windows for his chest and they look horrible in both modes, FE on the other hand used a faux chest piece and it looks much better.

That said, They should have cast the part in smoky clear plastic with the silver painted in. Every toy to hit retail has gotten that wrong, they've all had blue chest windows of some kind, but in the show he's got dark tinted windows.

That leader prime ALMOST looks like a really good rendition of prime. The front half of the truck mode looks good and the robot looks great from the front, but that the back is a complete mess in both modes. Maybe it's just mistransformed and the final piece will be better, but then I worry about how much silver paint is actually going to be on the final piece.

I'm not feeling the FoC line right now except for Shockwave, but the rumor of 40 new Generations figures sounds enticing. Still crossing my fingers for FoC Grimlock...

I think Grimlock is inevitable especially with 40 new figs next year. I'm just hoping for all the Dinobots and Insecticons to be produced and also hoping none these guys get short production runs or canceled in the states like Hasbro been doing on occasion the past few years.

hollow legs are hollow, have some official pics

http://www.tfw2005.c...-images-174380/

Shockwave looks awesome anyway, hollow legs are forgiven.

I do have to say, though, that I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Hasbro shareholder. Designing several toys, making the molds, producing a few, then canceling them before most stores even have an opportunity to sell then so that you can design and produce completely different molds of the same characters at the same price, only crappier, doesn't seem like fiscally responsible decision making to me. Even if one of the RID figures costs less to make than one of the FE versions, it doesn't change the fact that the FE characters were already done, and that some of that cost was basically sunk. And, like I said, the RID versions are crappier. I bought the RID Prime because I can't find any of the FE toys, and I'll definitely buy Megatron. But Arcee and especially Bulkhead are so much worse that I'm going to pass on them, whereas I probably would have bought FE Arcee and definitely would have bought FE Bulkhead.

So... 40 new Generations figures in 2013? Sounds to me like there's going to be characters from different lines (like FoC, or "Classics" of RID or the Unicron Trilogy), or they're going to start doing new molds for classics G1 figures they've already done. Here's hoping if they go that route that we get a proper Voyager Galvatron and a better Megatron. I wouldn't complain about a new G1 Prime that doesn't have a freakishly small torso and a ton of back and arm kibble.

Well, it's either that, or we're going to get some "Classics" of some of the more obscure characters. Combiner limbs aside, Blitzwing, Shockwave, Soundwave, the Insecticons, and Soundwave's cassettes are the only Decepticons I really feel like I'm missing (and we would have had Rumble and Frenzy if Hasbro hadn't killed them in the States). As for Autobots, Trailbreaker and Springer are the big ones, but given how good Warpath turned out, I wouldn't say no to new Deluxe versions of some of the mini cars that Brawn or Gears.

as the instructions and box art show it, the tank mode is kind of boring but if you fan mode it a little bit the result is pretty nice. But the fact that it's a it's got 4 modes that are all distinct, effective and fun is just amazing for a modern toy. And he's just got the animated thing of having a really characterful sculpt.

At this point in time, it's probably next to impossible to find the fig in retail, and I'm not paying evilbay prices for him.

Screen accurate or not, RID Arcee just looks pathetically simplified for a deluxe toy. She and Knockout are looking pretty dire. I figure I'll be able to get Soundwave soon, but I really wish he was bigger. I'd ask for a voyager version but so far every voyager has been viciously unpainted with lots of unnecessary clear plastic. I really want to like that Voyager Starscream because I love his Prime design but that unpainted chest and purple arms are so ugh. I know I could paint it but I really hate the principle of having to do touch ups on retail toys. Also, what the hell is going on with his face?!?

She does look rather simplified, but the CG model has pretty clean lines as well, so it doesn't really bother me. As for Starscream, I'll pass on him. While I really love his thoroughly treacherous character in the show AND acknowledge that his rather sneaky and decrepit design fits him to a tee, I personally can't stand having him displayed on my shelf. Simply put, I just don't like his design.

Because using the actual truck windows as the chest windows doesn't work with Prime Prime’s design. Just compare the RID and FE prime voyagers. The RID uses the actual truck windows for his chest and they look horrible in both modes, FE on the other hand used a faux chest piece and it looks much better.

That said, They should have cast the part in smoky clear plastic with the silver painted in. Every toy to hit retail has gotten that wrong, they've all had blue chest windows of some kind, but in the show he's got dark tinted windows.

Good point. Seriously, I didn't really notice how bad the RID figs chest plates were; all my attention was on the clear plastic arms. I can still deal with faux chest plates if they actually looked like chest plates, but the lazy job on the leader class's chest looks lame. Blue paint? Really?

As for the blue plastic, I think it's part of the manufacturing process where clear parts of a certain fig are all made in one mold, hence you only get one single color for all clear plastics. I think Bandai is the only complany to be able to use several different colors in a single tray right now, as seen in their Gunpla kits.

Honestly, even if the chest panels WERE fake, I'd have considered buying the leader class fig if it was clear smoke-tinted plastic.

Arcee does have wings on the show at least. I'm down for foc shocky.

She does? Never noticed that.

hollow legs are hollow, have some official pics

http://www.tfw2005.c...-images-174380/

Still buying it.

WFC Optimus's gun is hollow on one side, as are WFC Soundwave's thighs. It's part of cost-cutting; can't do much about it. You could still cut out a piece of plastic from an ice-cream container and cover up the hollow thighs, as well as the triangular hollow parts on his lower legs. Finding the right purple paint might be a bit of a problem, though. But even without customizing, the hollow thighs on the fig don't bother me at all.

Jazz and OP, on the other hand, look grievious. Looks like Jazz's top-heaviness isn't due to bad camera angling after all. And those scrawny legs.... It's a shame, because his alt mode looks nice.

Edited by GU-11

At this point in time, it's probably next to impossible to find the fig in retail, and I'm not paying evilbay prices for him.

New in box for $25 buy it now. totaly worth it IMO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Animated-Voyager-Shockwave-MISB-/280825496701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416281047d

Simply put, I just don't like his design.

:(

Looks like we in the States just got some bad news: Hasbro has canceled DOTM Leadfoot, Que, Soundwave and HA Soundwave.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/dark-of-the-moon-human-alliance-soundwave--deluxe-leadfoot-wheeljack-and-soundwave-cancelled-174383/

Guess I got more money for Macross toys now.

Eh, I don't really care anymore. I wasn't even interested in leadfoot or armor topspin to begin with and deluxe Soundwave and Que are getting released as redecos in the first few waves of the forthcoming movie trilogy line (as Soundblaster and G1 Wheeljack respectively).

I don't know about HA Soundwave getting any future releases, but I was probably going to pass on him anyways, what with his vehicle mode being completely unpainted.

Edited by anime52k8

just got an HA Soundwave on ebay for $50... sucks but better than $250 once word spreads out.

Looks like we in the States just got some bad news: Hasbro has canceled DOTM Leadfoot, Que, Soundwave and HA Soundwave.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ncelled-174383/

Edited by Limbo

New in box for $25 buy it now. totaly worth it IMO

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416281047d

It's at times like these that I feel like a dog staring into the window of a butcher shop. See, there's this annoying thing where I'm at called the "toy safety ruling." About a year back, there were some complaints that imported toys [read: Chinese KO toys] had toxic compounds in them, and the government decreed that all imported toys for ages below 15 are to be subject to testing at the local lab before being allowed into the country. Even for toys meant for private ownership, you'd have to do some paperwork.

I've stopped buying Hasbro Transformers online since then, and only get high-end figs that are obviously designed for grownups. I've even told HLJ and AmiAmi to specify on the invoice that the figures are NOT toys, and meant only for ages 15 and above.

Even my favorite local hobby store has stopped bringing in TF's. Thankfully, there are still a good number of hobby stores elsewhere that bring in both Hasbro and Takara TF's.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ncelled-174383/

I've long since given up on the DOTM line. Unless they finally come up with leader class Megatron, I'm not interested.

They're finally, months after the film was released on video, killing the DotM line and finally, after a whole season has aired, making way for TF Prime toys. This is bad news how exactly?

The FoC characters are all looking thicker and bulkier in the game than their toys.

They're finally, months after the film was released on video, killing the DotM line and finally, after a whole season has aired, making way for TF Prime toys. This is bad news how exactly?

The FoC characters are all looking thicker and bulkier in the game than their toys.

I actually wanted those last 3 deluxes to be complete which is why it's bad news. I refuse to pay $40 for an imported deluxe. This on top of canceling the First Edition Prime toys. Also not too pleased witht the new FOX toys but I'll get them anyway.