http://www.tfw2005.c...nfirmed-174289/

FoC Shockwave is coming in May!

think hasbro might cancel it, too? :p

Heh, I was just coming to post this info myself!

FoC Shockwave is just about my most-desired figure, as he'd satisfy my need for a Shockwave that'd fit with my Classics figures.

For that matter, if we get a FoC Grimlock, he looks like he'd be a good replacement for the less-than-awesome Classics version.

I'm down for the entire FoC line... FoC-yeah!

Not gonna lie, I'll buy every figure in the line, just like I did last time (actually, I managed to not buy Cliffjumper, but that was due to the fact that I wasn't thrilled with Bumblebee). But Shockwave if the only one I can think of that I actually have a powerful need for.

Definitely getting deluxe Jazz, but will try to hold out for a larger class for Shockwave and Optimus. Actually, maybe I'll pick up deluxe Shockwave, as he scales in with WFC Megatron and Soundwave.

BTW, the FoC line will be getting different classes since it's a dedicated line for the game, unlike the WFC figs that came through the Generations line, right?

Definitely getting deluxe Jazz, but will try to hold out for a larger class for Shockwave and Optimus. Actually, maybe I'll pick up deluxe Shockwave, as he scales in with WFC Megatron and Soundwave.

BTW, the FoC line will be getting different classes since it's a dedicated line for the game, unlike the WFC figs that came through the Generations line, right?

If it's like last time, there won't be any larger classes. All of the WfC toys were Deluxes... I think the whole Generations line was, actually.

If it's like last time, there won't be any larger classes. All of the WfC toys were Deluxes... I think the whole Generations line was, actually.

Back when the WFC toys were first released, I heard that the reason they were all deluxes were because they were released under the Generations line. There was no WFC label for the toys, just Cybertronian Optimus, Cybertronian Megatron etc. Supposedly, Generations is uniques in that it's more of an all-encompassing line--comics, games, Classics re-releases.

Hopefully, since FoC is a dedicated line for the game, we'll be seeing bigger classes of toys.

I'll save the rejoicing for until the whole complete set of Combaticons are in my display room, perfectly transformed and merged into the almighty Bruticus.

The whole TF Prime FE fiasco has taught me not to celebrate too soon when it comes to toy announcements.

Oooh, a combiner. I must get this for my kid. Never had a combiner when I was a kid and I'll be damned if my son grows up without one.

Yeah, I'll get one for my kid too.

And by "my kid", I mean me, who never had a Transformers combiner either. I did have a Gobot one, but that hardly seems to count.

BRUTICUS!

1282466188878.png

The whole TF Prime FE fiasco has taught me not to celebrate too soon when it comes to toy announcements.

speaking of which :p

DSC00028.jpg

apparently he got misplaced at the TRU. unfortunately that mean I probably won't be seeing any more of them. :(

I also went back after lunch today and found they had put out a fresh case of Prime RID deluxes . Someone beat me to the Soundwave (why the F*ck is there only one of him per case?) but I grabbed the last Cliffjumper and Wheeljack. They haven't gotten any new voyagers in yet.

5 deluxes? Hmmn. 5 'bots all the same size tends to be disproportionate like Predaking. If they're all the same size, you really need 2 for the torso, like G1 Devy or Monstructor.

I do hope Onslaught at least "stretches" the limits of how big a deluxe can be.

Or I've always wanted a G1-screen-accurate combination---in that Blast-Off's wings form the chestplate. That'd help both add bulk to Onslaught, and "slim down" Blast-Off.

apparently he got misplaced at the TRU. unfortunately that mean I probably won't be seeing any more of them. :(

I also went back after lunch today and found they had put out a fresh case of Prime RID deluxes . Someone beat me to the Soundwave (why the F*ck is there only one of him per case?) but I grabbed the last Cliffjumper and Wheeljack. They haven't gotten any new voyagers in yet.

I'm so pissed off at the dinky RID figs that the only one I'm willing to buy is Soundwave because I really like his design, and because he's movie-esque/WFC-esque enough to "absorb" into either of my collections.

Oh well, at least the FoC line seems to be getting more and more promising.

5 deluxes? Hmmn. 5 'bots all the same size tends to be disproportionate like Predaking. If they're all the same size, you really need 2 for the torso, like G1 Devy or Monstructor.

I do hope Onslaught at least "stretches" the limits of how big a deluxe can be.

Or I've always wanted a G1-screen-accurate combination---in that Blast-Off's wings form the chestplate. That'd help both add bulk to Onslaught, and "slim down" Blast-Off.

I've been wondering about the same thing. I was half-expecting Onslaught to be a voyager, acting as Bruticus' torso.

On another matter, I hope they won't try to force the whole "perfect transformation" thing as far as the combining feature is concerned, and give us extra parts like hands and stuff for Bruticus.

Edited by GU-11

I'm so pissed off at the dinky RID figs that the only one I'm willing to buy is Soundwave because I really like his design, and because he's movie-esque/WFC-esque enough to "absorb" into either of my collections.

Oh well, at least the FoC line seems to be getting more and more promising.

Smaller figures are just how it's going to be from now on, we've already seen that with the last movie line. Honestly, even the First edition figures are pretty small when you think about it. I think I might just start buying up old animated toys off ebay; Those where some toys with shelf presence.

As for Fall of cybertron toys, I have a strong feeling they're going to feel a lot closer to DotM and RID figures than they will Generations/RTS molds. and in the case of the combaticons, I'm willing to bet money that 5 deluxe figures means one large Deluxe and four overpriced scouts in deluxe packaging.

Smaller figures are just how it's going to be from now on, we've already seen that with the last movie line. Honestly, even the First edition figures are pretty small when you think about it. I think I might just start buying up old animated toys off ebay; Those where some toys with shelf presence.

I miss the Generations line. It seems like only Takara is carrying on that line as United now.

As for Fall of cybertron toys, I have a strong feeling they're going to feel a lot closer to DotM and RID figures than they will Generations/RTS molds. and in the case of the combaticons, I'm willing to bet money that 5 deluxe figures means one large Deluxe and four overpriced scouts in deluxe packaging.

You might well be right. And all the more likely if they're including hands, feet, and other necessary parts to help in combining into Bruticus. Still, Brawl and Swindle look pretty nice even if they're going to be smaller figs. In fact, I'd say they look great for figs that have to also transform into limbs for a giant robot.

I wonder if they'll be making a slightly smaller Bumblebee. The WFC one is standing head-to-head with Optimus, and looks ridiculous.

I miss the Generations line. It seems like only Takara is carrying on that line as United now.

last I checked the fall of cybertron toys are going to be released under the Generations banner.

:edit:

BTW, nobody brought this up recently:

http://www.tfw2005.c...evealed-174238/

F*cking city-bots are coming back.

I know it's all rumor and a tiny, blurry cellphone pic but the concept of having city robots on shelves again is amazing to me.

Edited by anime52k8

Generations line? Then it's all deluxes, then. I remember some people saying Fall of Cybertron's got its own dedicated line like TF Prime [ *turns and spits at the thought of clear plastic arms], though.

Good to hear Generations is still alive.

BTW, "Optimus Maximus?" Looks ugly. What's a city bot, btw?

Edited by GU-11

in the case of the combaticons, I'm willing to bet money that 5 deluxe figures means one large Deluxe and four overpriced scouts in deluxe packaging.

I was thinking something like this. Or, if Hasbro's really nice, knowing that anyone who buys any limb is almost "guaranteed" to buy Onslaught and the 3 other limbs---maybe Onslaught will be a huge deluxe---basically a voyager in a deluxe package/price, being "funded" by limb sales. (we've seen several TF's that really seem to cross the deluxe/voyager line, in both directions)

If Brawl's a scout, he looks like the best scout ever.

PS---City Bot=Metroplex, Trypticon, Scorponok, Fortress Maximus.

It's not unheard of for hasbro to take a hit on one figure and sell it at a lower price point for the sake of a whole line (alternators )ptimus Prime comes to mind). looking at the pictures again, Brawl and Swindle probably are full size deluxes. I'm curious to see what Blast off and Vortex look like.

Edited by anime52k8

If anything, Blast-Off and Vortex need to be more complex, as they will/should incorporate the hands into their designs---whereas Brawl and Swindle don't really need "feet" per se, as most any TF does fine with "big blocky shapes at the bottom of their legs". So long as they're flat on the bottom, they're fine. I mean, Devastator has a truck cab and a scoop for his "feet".

If anything, Blast-Off and Vortex need to be more complex, as they will/should incorporate the hands into their designs---whereas Brawl and Swindle don't really need "feet" per se, as most any TF does fine with "big blocky shapes at the bottom of their legs". So long as they're flat on the bottom, they're fine. I mean, Devastator has a truck cab and a scoop for his "feet".

but even if the feet are giant blocks, they still need to have ankle articulation. I want my massive combiner toy to have crazy ankle rolls so it can pull off one legged tai chi poses. (you might think I'm joking but I'm not).

I really hope this is a sign of things to come and not just a crazy one off experiment on hasbro/takara's part. I would love to have big, modern takes on Menasor and Superion.

BTW, "Optimus Maximus?" Looks ugly. What's a city bot, btw?

If it's a city, and it's a robot, then it's a city-bot.

They're the big toys that turn into bases instead of something practical like a jet plane, a VW, a flying saucer, or a purple raygun.

but even if the feet are giant blocks, they still need to have ankle articulation. I want my massive combiner toy to have crazy ankle rolls so it can pull off one legged tai chi poses. (you might think I'm joking but I'm not).

I'm with you on this one, although articulated ankles might entail separate parts for the limb combination. That's not a problem for me, though, since I'm more into displaying my figs than playing with them.

Depending on how Bruticus turns out, I'm game for Menasor. Stunticons were always my favorite combiners.

If it's a city, and it's a robot, then it's a city-bot.

They're the big toys that turn into bases instead of something practical like a jet plane, a VW, a flying saucer, or a purple raygun.

Makes me wonder why they had to modify Optimus as a character for that. They could have used any of the more famous city bots like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus or even Trypticon for the job. That way, even if the kids won't bite, the adult collectors would for nostalgia's sake.

Makes me wonder why they had to modify Optimus as a character for that. They could have used any of the more famous city bots like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus or even Trypticon for the job. That way, even if the kids won't bite, the adult collectors would for nostalgia's sake.

Because everything needs to be Optimus Prime to sell; brand recognition and what not. I'd much rather have a proper Classics style Fort Max but I'd even take a repaint of this just to fill that niche in my collection. More than anything it's the principle of Hasbro/Takara making giant robot toys that turn into bases again that makes me super happy.

And as a totally random anecdote; I loved combiners in the show growing up, but I never actually owned a proper combiner as a kid. The closest I ever came was a set of G1 Constructicons that where missing all of the parts that where needed to make them combine into Devastator (no forearms, no head, no chest etc). And I always liked the Combaticons and Aerialbots the most anyways.

Edited by anime52k8

Because everything needs to be Optimus Prime to sell; brand recognition and what not. I'd much rather have a proper Classics style Fort Max but I'd even take a repaint of this just to fill that niche in my collection.

They might as well have made it Bumblebee Maximus at that rate. Little bastard's probably had three dozen classes of toys of him in every form and size by now.

As for Optimus Maximus, after looking at the pic a second time, he doesn't look too bad. Won't be buying him, though; but get a Metroplex or Trypticon on the shelves, and we'll see.

And as a totally random anecdote; I loved combiners in the show growing up, but I never actually owned a proper combiner as a kid. The closest I ever came was a set of G1 Constructicons that where missing all of the parts that where needed to make them combine into Devastator (no forearms, no head, no chest etc). And I always liked the Combaticons and Aerialbots the most anyways.

I remember owning a KO Devastator set as a kid. Identical in every way to the original, except in color. IIRC, the color pallette was all over the place; red, blue, orange, yellow, etc. In fact, it kind of reminds me of ROTF Devastator, but better in every way. As much of a fan as I am of the movieverse designs, ROTF Devy looks like the technicolor hunchback of Kaon or something.

I'm a huge Menasor fan, but I can only accept the Stunticons as "real" cars. No Cybertronian modes, no "license-avoiding quasi-cars". So I don't expect to ever see a new Menasor that I'd like----car companies defend their properties voraciously----Hasbro may let FP and TFC etc go with their Devastators, but I'd bet GM or Porsche would sue their ass off if a proper Corvette or 911 showed up in a 3rd-party Menasor.

PS--same rules for Aerialbots.

So, that said---gimme a new Abominus! Plenty of leeway with 2-headed dragons and land-sharks!

I had to give in despite being angry at the TFP FE cancellation.

Did some repaint to TFP RID OP. (i refuse to call them powerwhatevers)

Sorry for the crappy pics. Only had phone on me...

post-10971-0-31604700-1328529246_thumb.jpg post-10971-0-79399200-1328529266_thumb.jpg post-10971-0-49937000-1328529286_thumb.jpg

Started with the silver on Meg's chest, but you can see the color comparison and texture detail on the plastic.

post-10971-0-04564400-1328529305_thumb.jpg post-10971-0-82921700-1328529313_thumb.jpg