Wasn't MP Grimlock around $90?

I'm pretty sure Grimlock was sold for $70 (in the USA), but I know that that price was after Toys R Us jacked up the price $10-$20 (because he sold out quickly from their online shop).

So, if Hot Rod proves similarly popular, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar.

I'll still pay 60-70 for it without too much grumbling, especially if most/all of the breakage issues are fixed.

Edited by jwasko

*pic with ARP $49.99)

At that price, I'm sold.

I guess Hasbro figures they can't charge too much for him or people like me would bitch that he doesn't have the trailer and import the Japanese one. Yeah, the Japanese one is expensive, but a big selling point was that he's Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Hasbro can call the US version Rodimus Prime until they're blue in the face, but no space winnebago means it's MP Hot Rod.

Edited by mikeszekely

Holy crap that Unicron. I missed the Takara one, so I just may have to see if I can pick this guy up when he becomes available.

Yeah, I don't know. I like that he's colored more accurately to the G1 version, but I have the Universe re-release. I don't know if a new paint job is worth the price.

As do I, I actually have managed to miss out on this mold (or a variant of it) entirely. So this is probably a sure buy for me unless the price is nuts. '

On another note, that add on set for Reveal the Shield G2 Prime looks nice. May scoop that up as the additional armor seems to look nicer than he does out of package.

As do I, I actually have managed to miss out on this mold (or a variant of it) entirely. So this is probably a sure buy for me unless the price is nuts. '

On another note, that add on set for Reveal the Shield G2 Prime looks nice. May scoop that up as the additional armor seems to look nicer than he does out of package.

If it's priced anything like the Universe version was, it should be no more than $49.99.

As for RTS Prime... not a single Walmart (checked two), K-Mart (one), Target (three), or TRU (two) ever stocked any RTS Tranformers. Not a one. I lucked out and found Jazz and Tracks at a Kohl's, but it doesn't look like they stocked anything beyond that. I'm not happy about that. I was especially looking forward to Thundercracker, Scourge, and Wheeljack.

If it's priced anything like the Universe version was, it should be no more than $49.99.

As for RTS Prime... not a single Walmart (checked two), K-Mart (one), Target (three), or TRU (two) ever stocked any RTS Tranformers. Not a one. I lucked out and found Jazz and Tracks at a Kohl's, but it doesn't look like they stocked anything beyond that. I'm not happy about that. I was especially looking forward to Thundercracker, Scourge, and Wheeljack.

we had plenty of laser primes around here. Actually RTS/2010 deluxes where the one thing my area did kept up with (never did see a single Wreck-Gar though). Generations just stalled out after wave 5 (cliffjumper/skullgrin/thunderwing). :(

So yeah, if it's from fans project and not TOO obscenely expensive, I'm definitely going after that G2 prime trailer. :D Also that not-Soundwave looks pretty good too.

O.o I missed the not-Soundwave, I gotta go back and look at that.

My Target was the same way Mike, there is a Target by my girlfriend's house (about an hour away) that stocked just about everything, so I'd check there when I was down. I wound up caving and ordering the BBTS set with Scourge, Wheeljack and Thundercracker to avoid the situation you described. The distribution just seems so immensely out of whack that it almost isn't worth hunting in retail stores anymore.

O.o I missed the not-Soundwave, I gotta go back and look at that.

yeah, this is BTS.TOYS first full figure so I'm waiting for reviews on it, but it looks nice in package. And I just noticed that it has a second G1 style head in the box.

nucpq.jpg

BTW, I'm normally not crazy enough to go after botcon toys but the Autotrooper is just too adorable. if I see one on ebay for under $50 I might just bite.

9usmrd.jpg

First of all, anybody here looking for botcon 2011 exclusives?

And has anybody seen this?

God Bomber!!!

now I'd love to get that, but it may be super hard to get.... =(

maybe, why do you ask? *cough*autotrooper?*cough*

haha, yes I'm asking because I'm selling. Only sets I have left are Autotrooper x3, and SG galvatron and thundercracker. PM me if your interested.

First of all, anybody here looking for botcon 2011 exclusives?

And has anybody seen this?

God Bomber!!!

now I'd love to get that, but it may be super hard to get.... =(

I remember seeing a colored sample of something very similar to that a long time ago - very blocky. I can't recall what TF site it was on, but last I heard, the designers want to eventually make a larger production run for it.

Hey guys, just adding a quick feedback for hobility.com. I just received my buster prime and it is pristine. In case anyone is still looking for one, they still have it in stock for $99.00(My total with shipping was US145.70 with EMS shipping with tracking. Got it in Florida in 9 days.) The only place on the web where I could buy a buster for under $150 shipped (it was my self-imposed limit for this piece.)

Very happy. Now I'm looking for custom articulated hands to make it even more awesome!

I need some help with locating a certain G1 toys here in Tokyo.

My oldest son has a recent weird obsession with the cassette transforming minions from Soundwave, and I know there's a G1 reissue Hasbro Soundwave, however anyone know where I can found one in Tokyo.

And I prefer to buy it directly instead of mail-posted.

never really liked it either... don't like green... but one could say it looks great next to the rotf devastator toy :rolleyes:

:lol: i'm still waiting for an Ultra Magnus encore to display with my city commander+classics UM. can't seem to find a reasonably priced re-issue that's not used/loose.

wally's got alot of both Shocky and SkyHammer voyager-class dotm-figures for $18.77 lately. I bought Shocky right away, but will get SkyHammer's next week, as he looks pretty kewl in his box.

Anyway, a little disappointed with the Shocky-dotm. his cannon/mechteck can be put on his left arm, but Hasbro prolly deliberately made it insecure on it. The "hose" is a bit too short (when connected to his back) and the arm/shoulder are bizarro in design, which makes it challenging and limiting to properly pose Shocky's cannon pointing straight or up without the cannon being a rather ugly sideways contraption.

His cyclops translucent-eye trick is very neat, however.

anyway, here's his shot along with Alternator Shockwave:

edit: added Shocky-dotm solo shot.

post-263-0-23154400-1308451587_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-07115400-1308452998_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment