HG and Robotech Debates

I approve this message.

Yeah, there's really no need to go out and get malicious. At this point you can just sit back and watch them do it to themselves.

Also, the thing with the people in charge with that franchise is they love to read any news or comments about them, bad or good. This thread is probably the source of some of their wettest dreams. If you want to actively do something that makes them uncomfortable then ask them about new toys, new cartoons and new developments of anything Robotech without making it sound like you're demanding it. Just ask them if they're actively working on some new product and not just sitting on their asses everyday and thinking of new ways to string along their "fans" or memobots as I like to call them.

I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS... HEHEHE...

Yeah, there's really no need to go out and get malicious. At this point you can just sit back and watch them do it to themselves.

Also, the thing with the people in charge with that franchise is they love to read any news or comments about them, bad or good. This thread is probably the source of some of their wettest dreams. If you want to actively do something that makes them uncomfortable then ask them about new toys, new cartoons and new developments of anything Robotech without making it sound like you're demanding it. Just ask them if they're actively working on some new product and not just sitting on their asses everyday and thinking of new ways to string along their "fans" or memobots as I like to call them.

Exactly, I'd be more comfortable with press releases and third party reports about this now. If only what they've been promoting generated more genuine interest from rational people and the press these days.

Edited by Einherjar

And in the process, you make us all look bad. <_<

Seriously, just "dislike" the video. Isn't that enough?

"Dislike" button is not enough. It is *that* bad.

And who are we looking bad to, btw? HG fans? Who cares about them, really?

(I removed my comments from YT)

OMG! There is actually something new to add to Robo-tech! Memobots!

Memobots- Mindless drones who wander about the Robo-tech community agreeing and subjugating themselves and others in the community to the beliefs of McKeeverisms. They keep themselves occupied only with Robo-tech, and keep the will of the HG Triumvirate potent.

To summarize:

- Same old same old about Shadow Rising and the LAM.

- Toynami 1/100 Battle Pods are lying around a pier somewhere in China waiting for the cargo ship to fill up.

- Yadda yadda yadda about the RT comics being released in China, and then the RT.com store re-importing them.

- Frank Agrama: "We must go on, we have to go on, we will go on."

- New animated project to be released in late 2011 or early 2012 (or so Banky says).

- Brand new animation footage! Except that since this is MEMO's video, the camera is facing the ground.

Global economic slowdown??? Jeez and the poor fans believe it? How sad. That lame excuse is about two years too late to be valid. I work in distribution and at this point a ship being stuck on a dock waiting to be "filled" isn't going anywhere. Sounds more like a manufacturing lie then a shipping issue. Their margin has to be high enough to take the hit for an alternative shipping line. Are we talking about a 20 or 40 ft container of Battlepods? No I doubt it. A pair of pallets at least right? I can make a phone call on Tuesday and those pods can be here in a week.

Other then scarf your face with cheesy selling tactics for RT merchandise, there is nothing of any real import to talk about. Another roll over for Carl in his grave. He. Wanted a Robotech minute to be free for the fans online, instead they are going to get a full length "documentary" for the low price of $29.99...

I stopped watching midway through the second video. Figured I didn't miss much more.

Global economic slowdown??? Jeez and the poor fans believe it? How sad. That lame excuse is about two years too late to be valid. I work in distribution and at this point a ship being stuck on a dock waiting to be "filled" isn't going anywhere. Sounds more like a manufacturing lie then a shipping issue. Their margin has to be high enough to take the hit for an alternative shipping line. Are we talking about a 20 or 40 ft container of Battlepods? No I doubt it. A pair of pallets at least right? I can make a phone call on Tuesday and those pods can be here in a week.

Other then scarf your face with cheesy selling tactics for RT merchandise, there is nothing of any real import to talk about. Another roll over for Carl in his grave. He. Wanted a Robotech minute to be free for the fans online, instead they are going to get a full length "documentary" for the low price of $29.99...

I stopped watching midway through the second video. Figured I didn't miss much more.

Agreed. A boat at the dock is money being wasted. And in this day and age, it's not like they have a large container ship on retainer. (If they did, why would they be wasting millions of USD keeping it in port for one low profit, high bulk item???)

Agreed. A boat at the dock is money being wasted. And in this day and age, it's not like they have a large container ship on retainer. (If they did, why would they be wasting millions of USD keeping it in port for one low profit, high bulk item???)

Evens in Japan and around the world didn't stop my shipments to me from overseas before or after the natural disasters. Kevin should perhaps invesitgate into alternative international logisitcs:

Eg. EMS, Fedex, UPS?

I think it would've been a obsticle, but what better way to service your customers and put the nay sayers to bed than by stepping up and elevating a bad situation to the next level? Maybe they all couldn't think of the same thing at the same time. Whoa, three way brain fart.

"Dislike" button is not enough. It is *that* bad.

And who are we looking bad to, btw? HG fans? Who cares about them, really?

(I removed my comments from YT)

There IS a middle ground between HG fans and Macross Purists...RT fans who don't know or don't care about the feud, but don't know enough to Google the situation. People like that tend to get turned off by Jamesbond77-style antics, but would probably cream their jeans if they knew Macross Plus existed...let alone Macross Frontier.

- Brand new animation footage! Except that since this is MEMO's video, the camera is facing the ground.

And without that crucial piece of information the videos become useless, because everything else said in the panel has been done before in other panels or not really newsworthy.

And without that crucial piece of information the videos become useless, because everything else said in the panel has been done before in other panels or not really newsworthy.

Maybe someone should do a comparison vid, just to prove the Memobots that nothing has happened with this franchise.

So let me get this straight... they translated comic books previously released in the US to Chinese and now they're gonna import it into the US? In Chinese? But they're stuck on another boat because of global economic meltdown?

In the meantime, we're getting Macross the First (sure Macross Ace is being canceled but we still got how many of those issues?) we've gotten how many new toys, now we're getting a 2nd version of the VF-25, we're gotten a new series and 2 new movies based on the series and I don't know how many soundtracks with brand new material with the performers actually performing in actual venues. And some of this output is from the country actually affected by the Earthquake and Tsunamis. They sure make it sound like they're in the middle of some Tunisian desert cut off from all resources, instead of being in the heart of Hollywood right on Sunset Blvd. Do they have Jui-Jitsu dojos for jerking each other off? Because they really mastered that art.

And some of this output is from the country actually affected by the Earthquake and Tsunamis.

Technically speaking, the earthquake and tsunami occurred by and large after the majority of the work on Macross had been completed.

Nevertheless, Big West has created a Macross donation fund to help the people affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Can the other side make the same claim to charity?

Edited by sketchley

I meant to say that some of the output was done and being done after the Earthquake/Tsunamis...

They did say that they created a charity that's going to the cause called I heart Japan. I never said they were heartless monsters, just clueless hacks with a franchise. :p

Nevertheless, Big West has created a Macross donation fund to help the people affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Can the other side make the same claim to charity?

Sort of... but, as you might expect, the way they did it was spectacularly tasteless. Instead of just posting a link and plea for donation to the Red Cross like they did with the disaster in Haiti, Harmony Gold decided the best way to raise donations for the crisis in Japan was to organize a charity auction and donate a bunch of the shoddy Robotech merch that wasn't selling at the Robotech.com store... all at a venue called Meltdown Comics.:rolleyes:

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Sort of... but, as you might expect, the way they did it was spectacularly tasteless. Instead of just posting a link and plea for donation to the Red Cross like they did with the disaster in Haiti, Harmony Gold decided the best way to raise donations for the crisis in Japan was to organize a charity auction and donate a bunch of the shoddy Robotech merch that wasn't selling at the Robotech.com store... all at a venue called Meltdown Comics.:rolleyes:

OUCH! Maybe "Ai hartu" translates to "take that"! :unsure:

Megazone Twenty Three
Mahss Speed Duh
recent litigation in Japan
It should be done sometime in 2012 or 2013... It's coming out soon
Macek watched the three shows without sound

Partially true. Maybe he did watch them without sound and couldn't understand most of what was being said. They also had translations given to them by Tatsunoko and made a dub of Macross before it became Robotech. Then, they used the translations to make Robotech and some of the dialogue was accidentally left in like Zentraedi from half a million years ago and Dana's brother. Neil Nadelman was told to use this translation at Streamline Pictures for the Robotech Perfect Collection tapes because Macek was sure it was writer's intention.

To summarize:

- Same old same old about Shadow Rising and the LAM.

- Toynami 1/100 Battle Pods are lying around a pier somewhere in China waiting for the cargo ship to fill up.

- Yadda yadda yadda about the RT comics being released in China, and then the RT.com store re-importing them.

- Frank Agrama: "We must go on, we have to go on, we will go on."

- New animated project to be released in late 2011 or early 2012 (or so Banky says).

Yeah, in regards to the Battle pods lying around. Why is it that HG says they are at a factory in China because there aren't enough boats and they're in Malaysia? Why didn't Kevin just say that Toynami hasn't produced them yet, instead of some stupid story about waiting for boats to fill up? I mean, that is the truth right there.

Someone there can fill the other part in, but an ex-employee of HG corrected some of Tommy's B.S., and called Tommy out. Tommy was kinda fumbling for words. Can't remember exactly what it was about, but it was classic.

As for the new animation, the only thing that looked better was cel shading over the CG ships. I'm sure there will be video soon, so while I track it down, hold tight. It's either that, or it's Flash animation, as it looks very shoddy. There's a part where a ships thrusters just blink on and off, and looks very rough. From what they've shown, it appears as though they weren't working on this for too long, indicating they were going one way, and decided to do something different. As with that, they do mention "NO DISTRIBUTOR". Kevin at one point makes an announcement to have an announcement by end of year, and hopefully that's on the panel filmed. Ridiculous, yeah, I know. We can break this panel down into small segments, and most of it says B.S.

Edited by Jasonc

That presentation was so laughably bad I don't even know what to say. Just, wow. It's like watching three video store clerks tell you about their awesome fanfiction projects.

That presentation was so laughably bad I don't even know what to say. Just, wow. It's like watching three video store clerks tell you about their awesome fanfiction projects.

Maybe someone should do a comparison vid, just to prove the Memobots that nothing has happened with this franchise.

Just check out all the other videos that poster uploaded on Robo-tech conventions over the years. Painstakingly informative, conveniently all in one place on the Internet, and, unfortunately, not very well thought out if someone was trying to put a positive spin in this. Best of all, there's more to come.

As for distributers, let's see. They axed ADV out of SC, and eventually cut all their licenses, so who know's how willing Sentai would be to pick it up. From what I understand, they also left a bad taste in Funi's mouth with SC in general. Given Bandai Entertainments strong ties with Bandai Visual, they're out. Which pretty much just lieaves Media Blasters or Manga. Of course Manga had to take some shite deal with their digital distribution in order to not get hassled over Plus & II, so maybe that just leaves Media Blasters.Good luck with that HG :)

Yeah, I probably went too far on the comment, I'll retract it if it's not to late to stop any damage.

Edit: oh well, commenting has been disabled. You live and learn I suppose.

Edited by gaiden

I'm sorry to tell you guys, but you all got PWNED by Kevin!

On the "unofficial" Robotech news blog that he runs, first he posted this:

YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT UPDATE FOR THE WEEK

So now you'll see how right he is about the toys being stuck in China. Actually, he only posts the article with NO context, so you're all PWNED anyway!!!

Then he posted on how great Anime Expo's attendance was:

ANIME EXPO ATTENDANCE REACHES 47,000

See??? Conventions DO work as successful marketing tools. I mean, I went to the Power Rangers panel, which easily has three times the attendance of the Robotech panel, and I can tell you those actors from 15 years ago are making MILLIONS from the autographs they sold at their booth this weekend.

And then he disses all y'all when top of the page says this:

Our critics cant even quote us correctly...

Then he links to this article which starts off by saying:

* A new, as-yet untitled animated series, set during the Mospeada section of Robotech (aka Invid Invasion, The New Generation, etc.) is set to be completed in late 2011 or early 2012.

See?? It's a full series according to an article hand-selected by an official Robotech employee on an unofficial Robotech blog.

YOU'RE ALL PWNED!!!!!

How can you quote (a) liar(s) correctly?

Especially those who publicly backtrack and misquote themselves? Attendance at Anime Expo high? Of course it is, its one of the largest cons of the year. Good thing HG reps and their Memobots can give us all this great information about how stup.. I mean how clever they are.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

I'm sorry to tell you guys, but you all got PWNED by Kevin!

On the "unofficial" Robotech news blog that he runs, first he posted this:

YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT UPDATE FOR THE WEEK

So now you'll see how right he is about the toys being stuck in China. Actually, he only posts the article with NO context, so you're all PWNED anyway!!!

Then he posted on how great Anime Expo's attendance was:

ANIME EXPO ATTENDANCE REACHES 47,000

See??? Conventions DO work as successful marketing tools. I mean, I went to the Power Rangers panel, which easily has three times the attendance of the Robotech panel, and I can tell you those actors from 15 years ago are making MILLIONS from the autographs they sold at their booth this weekend.

And then he disses all y'all when top of the page says this:

Then he links to this article which starts off by saying:

See?? It's a full series according to an article hand-selected by an official Robotech employee on an unofficial Robotech blog.

YOU'RE ALL PWNED!!!!!

That's all good an dandy about "Supply Chain" crap, but when Toynami says that the toys haven't been made yet, that's very different than what Kevin says. Hmmm, maybe Kevin meant to say that, and maybe what he said isn't what he really meant? I know economics plays a role in the amount of spending on trivial items such as toys, but being held in China because of boats is just the most retarded excuse I've heard in a long time. Someone else brought up the question of how come the chinese TPB comics can make it here, but battle pods can't? That should tell everyone right then and there that something is not right with Kevin's backassward statement. I can see why Tommy has Kevin do the talking for these panels, it relieves him of the duty of sounding like an idiot.

That's all good an dandy about "Supply Chain" crap, but when Toynami says that the toys haven't been made yet, that's very different than what Kevin says. Hmmm, maybe Kevin meant to say that, and maybe what he said isn't what he really meant? I know economics plays a role in the amount of spending on trivial items such as toys, but being held in China because of boats is just the most retarded excuse I've heard in a long time. Someone else brought up the question of how come the chinese TPB comics can make it here, but battle pods can't? That should tell everyone right then and there that something is not right with Kevin's backassward statement. I can see why Tommy has Kevin do the talking for these panels, it relieves him of the duty of sounding like an idiot.

Don't you worry, son. Answers to all of your questions will be found in passive-aggressive posts on:

robotechnews.blogspot.com

and

bankofkev.blogspot.com

Remember, you don't mess with people who "know this business" and get away with it without having posts on blogs directed directly at you. Nevermind that they are so ambiguous that not even the people who they're directed at are able to understand what's being talked about..

Yes, we're all PWNED because some guy took everything we just heard from the panel and put it into blog form...

but to entertain the idea that all of this comes to light... and by early 2012 you have your toys and your series. You're still sitting there holding a variant vinyl toy (not a new toy) watching substandard so called anime...

Good PWNAGE, memobot, good PWNAGE indeed...

While we're most likely enjoying Flashback 2012, a 30 year old classic that still can't be matched by today's HG standards and probably holding a 1/60 VF-4 Lightning by Yamato.